Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

what has quarantine taught you about yourself

37 replies to this topic

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 35,113 posts
YUP

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 18,085 posts

That cats are expensive and I just hate my life right now.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,643 posts

I apparently am much more of an anarchist than I ever thought. I'm officially at a "let's burn it all to the ground" state of mind with all of this ****. Let it burn. I'm done. 

I got to the Hooray for the Apocalypse state around a year and a half ago. I think it's making the pandemic easier for me.

I still haven't seen an unemployment check, so I'm really glad I did get my stimulus check. This is teaching me patience, and monastic living.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 18,085 posts

Apparently when Texas fully opens again I am super going to HATE the traffic. It's so weird. I can get from one end of San Antonio to the other now in less than 30 minutes because there is like 4 cars on the interstate and main roads. 

monkeygirl

monkeygirl

Advad Disagerer

• Administrator
  • 22,280 posts

Driving now is SO MUCH FUN! But even with 4 cars on the road they manage to **** things up here.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 35,113 posts
Ive learned Im really ****ing sick or work meetings. I have ten times as many meetings working from home than I did in the office. 95% of them are a complete waste of time for me
  • Zathras +1 this

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 18,085 posts

OH GOD YES. We're having staff meetings more frequently than I did before we quit state testing. Yesterday was super important meeting day though. I had to mask up and go down for my appointment with HR to socially distance sign my next years contract to teach. And then I went to pack up my classroom. 

In other news I got approval from the school PTA to go ahead and do my pizza plan and I'm fully funded! YAY! I asked in homeroom today if it would be okay for Ms. Spam to go to their houses and leave pizza and what kind they want.  So far I have 21 responses for cheese pizza and 23 for pepperoni. The others that haven't responded are also my kids who have done the least amount of online course work (for a number of reasons so I am going to try and make calls tonight). The PTA is adding some care packages too of random end of the year stuff and I am going to write letters with positive words and so far it's looking like a week from Friday I will deliver these with the help of some PTA parents. The PTA is using the money that would have gone towards our end of year trip to pay for this. They cut me a check for $200 and I just have turn in receipts. 

• NumberSix, Jacen123 and Darth Krawlie +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,739 posts
Sweet! Thats awesome!

Destiny Skywalker

Destiny Skywalker

Actually, I am a rocket scientist

• 20,894 posts

Ive learned Im really ****ing sick or work meetings. I have ten times as many meetings working from home than I did in the office. 95% of them are a complete waste of time for me

Yes omg. So many meetings because people cant just turn around and talk to the person sitting next to them. I had at least 2 hours of phone calls today in addition to 3.5 hours of virtual meetings, too. Didn't get anything done.
  • Darth Krawlie +1 this

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 35,113 posts

My boss insists on a daily meeting. There's about 16 or so of us that report to her, and a lot of us have very different tasks and knowledge. But she insists on keeping all of us in the meeting while she talks to people working on various projects, many of which have nothing to do with the rest of us. It's so annoying to have to sit through this, while my kids are running around, while I could actually be productive.

Unrelated to above: I've learned there's a ****ton of people with a ****ton of expendable income on ebay these days. I'm trying to build my GI Joe collection for my refurbishing project but can't win an auction to save my life.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 18,085 posts

I saw a guy at the Post Office with an eBay package yesterday and thought "wow. eBay is still around?"

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 35,113 posts

It's really the only place I can (try to) buy old toys, especially with all cons cancelled.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,739 posts
Same for old books. I really wanted a particular set of The Chronicles of Narnia (mainly wanted it in publication order) and it was the only place to find it.

Weve had some luck with Etsy on some vintage toys, not that weve bought a lot. I would love to get my son a vintage Optimus Prime and Megatron.

Reply to this topic