what has quarantine taught you about yourself

I apparently am much more of an anarchist than I ever thought. I'm officially at a "let's burn it all to the ground" state of mind with all of this ****. Let it burn. I'm done.

I got to the Hooray for the Apocalypse state around a year and a half ago. I think it's making the pandemic easier for me.

I still haven't seen an unemployment check, so I'm really glad I did get my stimulus check. This is teaching me patience, and monastic living.

Apparently when Texas fully opens again I am super going to HATE the traffic. It's so weird. I can get from one end of San Antonio to the other now in less than 30 minutes because there is like 4 cars on the interstate and main roads.

OH GOD YES. We're having staff meetings more frequently than I did before we quit state testing. Yesterday was super important meeting day though. I had to mask up and go down for my appointment with HR to socially distance sign my next years contract to teach. And then I went to pack up my classroom.

In other news I got approval from the school PTA to go ahead and do my pizza plan and I'm fully funded! YAY! I asked in homeroom today if it would be okay for Ms. Spam to go to their houses and leave pizza and what kind they want. So far I have 21 responses for cheese pizza and 23 for pepperoni. The others that haven't responded are also my kids who have done the least amount of online course work (for a number of reasons so I am going to try and make calls tonight). The PTA is adding some care packages too of random end of the year stuff and I am going to write letters with positive words and so far it's looking like a week from Friday I will deliver these with the help of some PTA parents. The PTA is using the money that would have gone towards our end of year trip to pay for this. They cut me a check for $200 and I just have turn in receipts.

Ive learned Im really ****ing sick or work meetings. I have ten times as many meetings working from home than I did in the office. 95% of them are a complete waste of time for me

Yes omg. So many meetings because people cant just turn around and talk to the person sitting next to them. I had at least 2 hours of phone calls today in addition to 3.5 hours of virtual meetings, too. Didn't get anything done.

My boss insists on a daily meeting. There's about 16 or so of us that report to her, and a lot of us have very different tasks and knowledge. But she insists on keeping all of us in the meeting while she talks to people working on various projects, many of which have nothing to do with the rest of us. It's so annoying to have to sit through this, while my kids are running around, while I could actually be productive.

Unrelated to above: I've learned there's a shitton of people with a shitton of expendable income on ebay these days. I'm trying to build my GI Joe collection for my refurbishing project but can't win an auction to save my life.

Same for old books. I really wanted a particular set of The Chronicles of Narnia (mainly wanted it in publication order) and it was the only place to find it.

Weve had some luck with Etsy on some vintage toys, not that weve bought a lot. I would love to get my son a vintage Optimus Prime and Megatron.

I can really be uptight about work stuff, but I laugh my ass off about things that get most people's panties into a twist. Someone in our neighborhood lost his mind because his neighbors are painting their house neon green. Professionally. I don't know what's going on but I am dying watching our neighborhood collectively flip out and this Kevin (Male Karen) losing his mind calling us all crack houses. I am pretty sure I would find this hilarious even if I wasnt under quarantine. I almost walked over with a beer, popcorn, and a lawn chair (ok mostly to take a selfie). I dont know what's going on here because it must be some big mistake but the neighborhood is losing their freaking minds.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.