Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

what has quarantine taught you about yourself

37 replies to this topic

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 35,116 posts

Turns out I can do a fairly passable vocal impression of Destro. Eli's not so bad at Cobra Commander--no way I can get my deep ass voice that high, so we make a good evil team.

• Jacen123 and Ms. Spam +1 this

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 18,087 posts

I am not a good teacher on video chat. LOL

Zerimar Nyliram

Zerimar Nyliram

Dude

• 3,253 posts

Since I'm seeing barely any difference from my normal life, I have learned that I don't do much.

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 30,013 posts

Good people will continue to be good people, but they're overshadowed those who suck balls. 

• Darth Krawlie, monkeygirl and Darth Ender +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,741 posts

Which group are you in?

Destiny Skywalker

Destiny Skywalker

Actually, I am a rocket scientist

• 20,894 posts
Clearly ball sucking.
  • monkeygirl +1 this

Zerimar Nyliram

Zerimar Nyliram

Dude

• 3,253 posts

I'm sure there are some people who enjoy doing that who have good hearts.

• monkeygirl +1 this

R.CAllen

R.CAllen

walking

• 4,125 posts

I cough all the time and never noticed it up until now. I cough! I'm a cougher! I'm, uh, Father Coughlin!!!!11!!

Destiny Skywalker

Destiny Skywalker

Actually, I am a rocket scientist

• 20,894 posts
I've learned that my husband is an introvert but loves collaboration. He always wants my "help" with projects. I, on the other hand, have realized I am an extrovert who hates working with others and wants to do things by myself.

monkeygirl

monkeygirl

Advad Disagerer

• Administrator
  • 22,280 posts

I have learned I was right all along about how much most people suck

• Ms. Spam and Darth Krawlie +1 this

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 30,013 posts

I have not sucked a single ball since this whole thing started. Just FYI. 

• monkeygirl +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,741 posts
Its best to treat them as a pair, otherwise the get jealous.

I havent learned much. Im a recluse, and I hate commuting. But I already knew that.

Ive learned that my wife is way more of an introvert than she thought, which has been surprising and really good.
  • Odine +1 this

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,644 posts

Since I'm seeing barely any difference from my normal life, I have learned that I don't do much.

Saaaaaame.

• monkeygirl +1 this

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 35,116 posts

I chopped down some ****ing trees today. Handsaw only, no pu ssy ass chainsaw either.

• Odine +1 this

Darth Ender

Darth Ender

• Members
  • 613 posts

The reason I haven't fixed the closet door isn't because I am tired after work. 

• Destiny Skywalker, Darth Krawlie, monkeygirl and 1 other +1 this

monkeygirl

monkeygirl

Advad Disagerer

• Administrator
  • 22,280 posts

THIS-How many things did we all think we didn't do because we didn't have the time or were too tired from working all day?

Zathras

Zathras

Not The One

• Members
  • 232 posts

It taught me getting your wish doesn't always turn out the way you want it, nor will you necessarily like it when it comes true. After years of watching other coworkers being allowed to work from home and I haven't been allowed, I thought I was missing out.  All that this COVID19 panic has taught me is I hate my job, whether I am working on site, or from home.

• monkeygirl +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,741 posts

The reason I haven't fixed the closet door isn't because I am tired after work. 

Is this related to your mom preferring to have a gay son over an atheist?

I chopped down some ****ing trees today.

Morning wood?

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,741 posts
Okay, I learned that spending so much time alone is really good for me but is also super ****ty. I spend too much time trapped in my head, without a good outlet. Especially since my life is mostly work and kids and then cleaning the house and going to bed and starting over.

Ive reached the point where Im basically a solid drunk from drunk mailing people (I got rid of a lot of phone numbers so I cant drink dial). Not necessarily ex-girlfriends, but definitely ex-friends.

I need to get the eff outta my head and into something meaningful soon.

D-Ray Kenobi

D-Ray Kenobi

• 15,348 posts

I've learned that I'm not built to sit still. Not being able to travel anywhere or even reasonably plan future travel has sent me into a spiral. 

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 30,013 posts

I apparently am much more of an anarchist than I ever thought. I'm officially at a "let's burn it all to the ground" state of mind with all of this ****. Let it burn. I'm done. 

• Tank +1 this

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 18,087 posts

I could use second stimulus. My condo lost electrical power in three outlets - two in the living room but I suspect those because I broke a prong from a plug in the living room moving a couch and the cats peed on one outlet, and three light switches - the closet light, the bathroom lighting and fan switches and the light for the overhead kitchen light don't work. I took an electricians class in high school and thought I could try and sort it out. But now I'm having an electrician out because whomever wired my house did a really crazy job. The electric panel is marked bedroom outlets which is where the power is out there but when I flip it off and test it looks like some light switches and power outlets in my dining room and living room also go out. 

I did manage to fix my running toilet. And I'm trying to fix the lamp I broke the prong off of the plug between classes.

I also think I'm hitting menopause. I have no patience and cursing is my new thing. And I'm hot as ****. 

monkeygirl

monkeygirl

Advad Disagerer

• Administrator
  • 22,280 posts

I never got my first stimulus

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 18,087 posts

A lot of people haven't yet gotten it. My ex's partner and his co-workers who were furloughed from the Tobin theater were blanket submitted by the HR department for unemployment way back on March 16 and they're still waiting for their first unemployment check too. A lot of my friends are in the same boat. Right now, I'm working two jobs and am exhausted.

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,505 posts

I never got my first stimulus

Pretty sure Krawlie is up to stimulus you
  • Darth Krawlie +1 this

Reply to this topic