Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Best of The Clone Wars

5 replies to this topic

Filthy Jawa

Filthy Jawa

Bring back Mandard!

• 8,791 posts
https://io9.gizmodo....n-sh-1842597580

For anyone still holding out on watching TCW, this list makes it a little easier.

I think they basically just took out any Jar Jar/Padme/C3PO eps and the rest is good.

Zathras

Zathras

Not The One

• Members
  • 232 posts

Zillo Beast!!!!!!

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 15,110 posts
The new season makes me think they could have done a Bad Batch live action series.

Conmi Cusal

Conmi Cusal

• 4,208 posts

The new season is great.  I can't wait for the last 4 episodes.  Sam Witwer said it was the best script he's seen from the series.

R.CAllen

R.CAllen

walking

• 4,125 posts

Actually [1] the best:

the Tartakovsky ones
the Jar Jar episodes
"Clone Cadets"
the one where Ahsoka learns a lesson from the old Jedi guy
the one w/Tarkin and the Jedi prison and the neat-o droids
the General Krell arc
the ones w/the Wookiee padawan, the Wookieewan

[1]  Caveats : all art is intersubjective, all informed opinion equally valid, we're all entitled to our own thoughts, life is a rich tapestry, go w/God, etcetera etcetera.

Zerimar Nyliram

Zerimar Nyliram

Dude

• 3,253 posts

Fully agreed about the Tartakovsky series. As for Filoni's series, I'm really not sure because I've only watched the entire series once so far, so my memory is a little hazy. I will say, however, that I was not as much of a fan of it as most people are. What really stood out were the clone episodes, which I thought were the best. Other than that, it seemed very hit-and-miss, with mostly misses. I haven't seen the current season but I do intend to binge-watch it once it wraps up.

For the Clone Wars era, only one of the novels really stood out, that being Matthew Stover's Shatterpoint. The rest were meh. Where this era really shines, and what immediately comes to mind when I think of the era, was the comic series from Dark Horse Comics. That's probably why I didn't think the Filoni series was anything to write home about, to be honest, having experienced such great stories previously. The video game Republic Commando was also great, but the other video games from that era were so-so.

Reply to this topic