Coronavirus Pool?

monkeygirl

I was in Beijing airport once transiting some place else, and the next gate was going to Thailand. Nearly every passenger was a gross, balding, old, white dude in a Hawaiian shirt, boat shoes wearing gold watches with a face that screamed Thai bride hunting or sex tourist.

Yeah, Im keeping with my normal routine as much as possible, which includes showering, but a substantial number of people arent showering and are wearing the same pajamas for days.

I'm just in a cycle of sleep/eat/write/videogames/read/TV repeat. I cycle through 2-3 times per 24 hour period, but the start and stop times have become nebulous. I quit shaving a couple weeks ago. I'm in PJs mostly because why do unneeded laundry.

Showering is actually more than before. I used to be an every other day guy, now, between walks out in the world in the AM and switching to a bidet, I feel better taking them daily. Sometimes I take an extra one at night before bed if I am taking myself on a date.

One of the things I am doing with my students is trying to have homeroom with them in Zoom every weekday. And we talk about routines. We do check in too and I ask about their highs and lows. My cats no longer show any interest in the weirdo voices on the screen in Zoom any longer though.

My kids school uses Zoom, and Im actually pretty unhappy about it. It has horrible security and privacy, and is the exact opposite of what I want my kids to be doing on the internet.

Its not that Im against them meeting using video, which I think is great, its Zoom in particular being one of the worst things available.

Yeah a few weeks ago we had to tell the students about security levels with that and sent a message out to parents. Mostly we use it for group teachings and am careful not to mention anything or show anything other than MATH or SCIENCE. LOL. We prefer Zoom because it's the easiest application all the students can use.

I need a shower every day. Think I forgot to brush my teeth today, though, because I hate brushing teeth before coffee (but deal with it on work days). Then I get busy and its 4pm and I'm like shit I forgot to do that.

I also get dressed but its leggings so let's be real, it's barely a step above pajamas.

Also Zoom is not the worst thing in the world if you lock it down properly but I would love some Webex for Girl Scouts meetings.

My brother's school has their Zoom sessions locked down a whole lot from what he has told me. I've been using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra for my classes since the only people who can get in are registered for the class since I don't give the invitation code to anybody.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.