Coronavirus Pool?

monkeygirl

Anyone interested in some sort of guessing game regarding celebrities who get the virus? I don't want to do deaths as this is likely to touch each of us in some way before it's all over and that would be too much, even for me.

But just the coronavirus? NOT COVID-19?

Do you know Senator Paul personally, or do you simply disagree with his politics and therefore label him a bad person?

I disagree with a lot of peoples politics, but there are certain people who come across as total a-holes. Paul is one of them. Maybe he isnt, maybe hes the greatest guy ever, but his public persona doesnt show that.

Anyone interested in some sort of guessing game regarding celebrities who get the virus? I don't want to do deaths as this is likely to touch each of us in some way before it's all over and that would be too much, even for me.

So what's the difference between Corona Virus and a regular dead pool. Someone dies of a heart attack,etc, that likely touches someone here, too. If you're gonna do a corona pool, go all in and give extra points for dead people!

From a few weeks ago in my, uh, plague diary :

There's a bit in that dumb Nick Kroll / John Mulaney stageplay where John Mulaney's nefarious evil alter ego is shattering the world of Nick Kroll's delightful baby alter ego by listing all the actors of NYC stage & screen who are better than him. Each and every one of the guys on that list (Bobby Cannavale, Stanley Tucci, Oliver Platt, Liev Schreiber, Vincent D'Onofrio, Nathan Lane, Griffin Dunne) are probably around old enough to be at semi-serious risk of dropping dead from all this. I'm betting we go seven for seven, I'm betting maybe both Kroll and Mulaney bite it too, I'm guessing Pete Davidson caves in Mulaney's head with a clawhammer while in a drug-induced rage and I think Nick Kroll just mysteriously vanishes off the face of the Earth once all that family money gets suspiciously tucked away into a Swiss bank account. Is it healthy for me to be sitting here speculating about the imminent deaths of nearly a minyan's worth of people, good people, creative people, craftsmen? No!? What is healthy then? I can't touch my face!!!!11!

I agree that it's all a touch too morbid but those are my ten guys, yeah, I'll feel real bad in a v. specific way if there's a news story about any among the aforementioned persons catching the virus, different from how I'd feel about all other slebs individually.

Do you know Senator Paul personally, or do you simply disagree with his politics and therefore label him a bad person?

I disagree with a lot of peoples politics, but there are certain people who come across as total a-holes. Paul is one of them. Maybe he isnt, maybe hes the greatest guy ever, but his public persona doesnt show that.

I understand that completely, and that, Fozzie, is a much more mature way of putting it than what Krawlie spewed.

Anyway, I'm certainly not a celebrity, but I think I may have had it back in February, and gave it to my parents. We exhibited all the signs that the virus is said to produce. The thing is, the doctor my mother works with caught it early enough and gave us various steroids to open up our airways, and so we were able to beat it in days rather than weeks and avoid hospitalization.

It might have just been the flu, but I know that I've never had the flu like that before in my life, and neither has my dad. Breathing was extremely hard, and we each spent an entire day in bed. If it was COVID-19, it's a good thing we caught it and treated it early!

The coronavirus is COVID-19. The one we are all staying inside for now is 19.

You got that the wrong way round. COVID19 is a coronavirus. SARS and H1N1 (swine flu) are also coronaviruses, which for for the respiratory system.

You got that the wrong way round. COVID19 is a coronavirus. SARS and H1N1 (swine flu) are also coronaviruses, which for for the respiratory system.

Since COVID is short for coronavirus disease, you're both right.

Since COVID is short for coronavirus disease, you're both right.

If we really want to be pedantic about it, and of course we do, COVID-19 is the disease caused by the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.

If exhausting, to you, means that I find it childish when people character-assassinate those they disagree with and deliberately refuse to recognize their humanity, then yes, label me exhausting. Seriously, grow up.

I went to see my buddy play at a bar (he is a drummer in a heavy metal band) and his girlfriend was there. She is a super conspiracy theory, alt-right person that thinks cell phone towers spread the Coronavirus (which is weird because my buddy is a liberal hippy type guy). Any conversation with her is super exhausting.

Anywho, before the band went on I was telling her a story about when I was 17 on a date I got into a car wreck with a cop. I mentioned the girl I was on a date with was way out of my league. The girlfriend interrupted me and went on this long tangent about how people aren't out of other people's leagues and how as a society we rank and stigmatize people and blah blah blah. I wanted to say, "I didn't literally mean she was better than me...it was just a humorous jab at myself to say I was this nerdy teen on a date with this super hot girl". I didn't say it, because I knew that just the fact that I had to explain what I meant to begin with makes me think she would still argue with me. So instead, I just finished my beer and said "yeah".

Can I list who I HOPE gets the Corona Virus?

1. Trump and his entire family

2. Mitch McConnell

3. Nancy Pelosi

4. Elizabeth Warren

5. Harvey Weinstein

6. JJ Abrams

7. Alex Kurtzman

8. Rian Johnson

9. Bill Cosby

10. Mike Pence

11. Taylor Swift

12. Justin Beiber

13. The Kardashians. All of them. Including Kris Jenner. And Kanye West, too.

14 Megan Markle

15. Shia Lebeouff

16. Miley Cyrus

17. Lindsay Lohan and her entire family,

18. Hillary Clinton

19. Ashton Kutcher

20. Ilhan Omar, and the rest of the "Squad"

21. Boris Johnson

22. Chris Brown

23. Ariana Grande

24. Cardi B

25. Niki Manaj

26. Lizzo

27. R. Kelly

28. Perez Hilton

29. Adam Levine

30. Spencer Pratt

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.