What do you miss?

I do all of my reading on a Kindle. I love it. Never losing my place or trying to find a bookmark. Being able to carry around books that are hundreds of pages long without having to mess with such an unwieldy mess. But I miss the days when everyone wasnt competing for the same books. I ended up buying Encyclopedia Brown to read to my son because nobody has it available and I was 10th in line for the original.

I was reflecting on how grateful I am to have a wife and kids because I would just work off the clock so much. Im way behind at work and need at least a week of being super productive to catch up. But I was off three days after the coronavirus exposure, and I missed at least three days due to intermittent server issues, because they never had a plan for us to work from home.

I really love working from home though and wish I never had to go back.

I got over whatever was making me sick. I now miss eggs, too. I get mine from a farmer who produces Danny Bonaduce's morning show but nobody's going into work right now and he lives about 60 miles away. I've been eating farm-fresh eggs for years now so even if they were available at my market, I wouldn't buy them.

Also, my market is now almost entirely sold out of beans,

Is this sorta like living in the old Soviet Union?

I really miss the opportunity to leave my current job and get another. If I had seen the job I applied for a month sooner, I would be working for a different supervisor right now.

I dont know that I can keep this up for months, and its going to be at least one more month before were back in the office and who knows how long until were hiring again.

Working remotely is not all it's cracked up to be. I find I am working way harder from home. It's hard to remember to take breaks, stay hydrated, not eat poorly, or get up and walk around for a bit. I am simultaneously experiencing agoraphobia, and cabin fever.

I'll say it again. Live sports. Channel surfing And come across Fox Sports Network airing an NBA 2K20 game. Celtics vs Magic. Checked the schedule and that would have been the game being played tonight.

I wish I had stock in 2K Sports. This and that tournament on ESPN? Sadly watching the computer play itself is more entertaining than watching NBA players play each other. They talk trash on the court, but are as with quiet as most regular players who can't stand online play.

What I have learned is that 2k20 doesn't look that much better than 2k14 that I had on my 360. Sorry games really haven't benefited from better hardware.

The 2k games are a sham. They are concerned with release dates, not making great games. I am a big fan of the WWE games. My cousins and I make our own wrestlers then get online and have bouts for hours. Every time a new one comes out we're shocked about one feature or another that has somehow gotten worse. WWE 2k20 is an embarrassment full of glitches and terrible graphics. It was a major step backwards because 5 months out the long time studio 2K had making the games was fired and all their code and assets were dumped on a new studio to rebuild.

They should just release a new game build every 5 years, and on the off years, push out big DLCs to match the current year of actually programming.

The 2k games are a sham. They are concerned with release dates, not making great games. I am a big fan of the WWE games. My cousins and I make our own wrestlers then get online and have bouts for hours. Every time a new one comes out we're shocked about one feature or another that has somehow gotten worse. WWE 2k20 is an embarrassment full of glitches and terrible graphics. It was a major step backwards because 5 months out the long time studio 2K had making the games was fired and all their code and assets were dumped on a new studio to rebuild.

They should just release a new game build every 5 years, and on the off years, push out big DLCs to match the current year of actually programming.

On the flip side, you have Nascar and Formula One having their drivers race on e sports. Those games are probably the most graphically impressive sports games. I have up on the some because I didn't want to shell out for another driving wheel. The difference between playing Drive and Forza on a gamepad is one of discipline. I hated loves playing loose on a gamepad.

Also having the arcade sticks and racing wheel with shifter made the ladies think you were too into games. My wife never moved the guitar hero controllers though.

• 4 weeks later...

You know, despite being an introvert who prefers being alone, I am craving a night of clubbing right now. Like, big time. What's interesting is that I'm still sort of alone in that environment because I prefer to go by myself, despite the presence of a sea of strangers. It's weird.

That reminds me of the ridiculousness of an article I read a couple of days ago. It talker about how the coronavirus was found in the semen of guy who had it. Article never said why his semen was tested. Article went on to talk about how it was possible for there virus to spread through intercourse. I wanted to ask the writer did they not think the risk started when they were fully clothed and kissing?

That reminds me of the ridiculousness of an article I read a couple of days ago. It talker about how the coronavirus was found in the semen of guy who had it. Article never said why his semen was tested. Article went on to talk about how it was possible for there virus to spread through intercourse. I wanted to ask the writer did they not think the risk started when they were fully clothed and kissing?

They tested men in China intentionally, checking to see if it was detectable in semen of men who tested positive.

I had to stay home this week, because I started to get a sore throat last Wednesday. I had really low energy the week before and had to take naps after work. My wife and I were negative on CV19 tests, so were taking the precautionary measures of staying away for 72 hours after our (she had a sinus infection) symptoms went away. Ill be back to work on Monday.

Aw. Allergies are getting me hard today. I've had a sinus headache since yesterday.

Today I was informed I need to come clean out my classroom of anything personal I want to keep (they're not going to toss my filing cabinet of lessons I have built up) so they can do a deep clean and possible reorganize of the school to work with social distancing for next school year like removing desks down to just six or eight based on the size of the classroom. So I guess tomorrow I'm going to go and take down bulletin boards and other things and pack them up. It feels weird all the things we're going to miss about the end of the school year. I don't really care about yearbooks or that stupid graduation to middle school thing we do but I feel a loss of not having students physically here to talk to or the loss of the spring field trip where this year we were going to do the zoo and DoSeum and picnic at Brackenridge park. Stuff like the end of year programs they do for choir and theater and poetry readings we set up. I'm pretty sure my kids are kind of missing this too. We talked about it today in homeroom. The kids were actually looking forward to a pizza party I was going to throw for them for the end of the school year. I'm trying to work out a way I can afford to buy pizza and have it delivered to all my students homes but right now with the $6000 electric rewiring bill of my house I'm broke.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.