What do you miss?

I miss the gym. But there is plenty that can be done at home with a pull up bar and some resistance bands. I wasn't massively social before this all happened so I'm not that bothered by the changes in lifestyle.

But I'm VERY grateful I'm not stuck in a small flat in London right now. I'm in lockdown in a three story Victorian house with a front and back yard. And that is something to be thankful for. And my town is not densely populated which is another thing to be thankful for. And I have a lot more time to paint and play video games so all in all there are plenty of upsides to this.

It can be, according to the press conference with the director of the Ohio Department of Health. They thought they knew the symptoms but now theyre seeing that the symptoms are so broad that if youre sick, assume the worst

This is the most comprehensive, even-keeled, educated, piece I have read, from a legit, non-political source:

https://www.caltech.edu/about/news/tip-iceberg-virologist-david-ho-bs-74-speaks-about-covid-19?fbclid=IwAR1FtKnrdeBcLsxSjdZ3jw5x33Ow090BlQv5oyzU2F-dmaDjD5x6R0kYeYs

No way. That guy is Chinese and probably engineered the whole thing. Thanks for the virus.

People ask me if I miss my students and I joking reply "Nah, if I had students and a classroom right now one of them might give me the virus!" But I actually do. Last night a bunch of us from my school got rounded up and stayed in our cars and taped poster boards with our names and greetings to our cars and cruised a few neighborhoods in my district (I work in a charter school for a particular district so our kids come from all over) distributing snacks and toilet paper and disinfectant wipes tied up in plastic bags out to our students who came out while still keeping social distancing.

Every day I have to report who's turned in homework and grade online. Protip for those with home schooling kids if you have an Apple iPhone/iPad click on your notes app that comes standard with the phone and you can scan and send your kids school work packets and it takes up less data. Start a new note, click on the camera and it will ask if you want to scan something. Click on that option and away you go!

That's awesome that you did that, Spam! I'm sure it made the kids's day, too.

I'm feeling sick. Started yesterday. Throw-up stomach sick. THAT isn't part of this, is it?

Doubtful. That's been going around here, too, and it's been going on longer than the Coronavirus has been in the area. It'll definitely make you feel like you're dying, though.

Oh, right now I definitely miss working with my students. Do to a shortage of statistics faculty in my department this semester, I was completely overburdened and feeling super stressed about everything well before the virus hit here, so it has been nice to get a reprieve for a little while. In general, though, I really enjoy teaching my classes and I definitely miss interacting with students. I especially miss my undergraduate class; this is an absolutely amazing group of students and it sucks that I got them this semester in particular.

I have also been quite stressed about getting our intro. statistics classes online since I am the coordinator/supervisor for all of them. So far, migrating my classes over to online systems is going smoothly. I just want to get back to interacting with my students next week. It should be really helpful for me to be back on more of a routine.

A lot of people are saying the gym. I bought a weighted vest and I love it for long walks. The PROS are it looks like a kevlar vest so people are suspicious.

Fixed it for you

Oh, right now I definitely miss working with my students. Do to a shortage of statistics faculty in my department this semester, I was completely overburdened and feeling super stressed about everything well before the virus hit here, so it has been nice to get a reprieve for a little while. In general, though, I really enjoy teaching my classes and I definitely miss interacting with students. I especially miss my undergraduate class; this is an absolutely amazing group of students and it sucks that I got them this semester in particular.

I have also been quite stressed about getting our intro. statistics classes online since I am the coordinator/supervisor for all of them. So far, migrating my classes over to online systems is going smoothly. I just want to get back to interacting with my students next week. It should be really helpful for me to be back on more of a routine.

I loved statistics when I took it in College. Now I'm getting more advanced statistic courses as I work towards my masters of math ed. It's slow though because I can only do one class at a time.

I loved statistics when I took it in College. Now I'm getting more advanced statistic courses as I work towards my masters of math ed. It's slow though because I can only do one class at a time.

Awesome! Not about the speed, but I'm glad you're making progress with that!

I don't know why I didn't think of saying it before, but I really miss our karate classes. The studio is awesome and is making video lessons and workouts available to us now, so hopefully those will help scratch this itch, but karate has helped me out so much over the past 9 months in terms of both physical and mental health.

Resistance bands are also really good for people who don't have space.

I finally get to go pick up my stuff from work on Wednesday, which includes my resistance bands

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.