Best interview ever

Yesterday I had an interview for a new job. Same agency, just investigating criminal acts instead of constantly explaining that insurance companies can be dicks as long as they do it the right way.

So the interview was two hours and most of it was playing detective. The first twenty minutes was the normal work history BS, and then they pulled out a bunch of papers, explained we were doing a mock investigation and read the scenario to me. Then they left me with the basic info for twenty minutes to come up with a plan, and came back and they acted out the people I had to interview and gave me documents I requested. I got the evidence to prove the guilty person and wrote up a report. It was the most fun I've ever had at an interview in my life.

It was based on a real case, so it'd pretty representative. I also don't really click with my current boss, so I'm looking for an out. Out of all of the bosses I've had in this job, she's the one I like the least.

But with the new job we can subpoena stuff, so as part of the "investigation" I got to "subpoena" bank records.

The whole "everything getting shut down Armageddon" has shut down the hiring process. So no news until we get through all of this. Crazy that this was less than a week ago.

And the governor announced a hiring freeze and for all agencies to plan to cut 20% of their budget. So now I'm trying to figure out how safe my job is.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.