You got some of those virusesses?

Ms. Spam

I’ve also had conversations with people about other medications that share the same history, and the general stance is “Well that’s different” without any real explanation. I actually only respect the people who admit it’s political, because that’s always the real cause.

1 hour ago, Fozzie said:

I’ve also had conversations with people about other medications that share the same history, and the general stance is “Well that’s different” without any real explanation. I actually only respect the people who admit it’s political, because that’s always the real cause.

Yeah, I don't know if I would go that far.  If this was truly just a virus of the UN-vaccinated,  I would be fine with that.  I would say do whatever you want.  I'm for thinning the Trump supporter herd.  But it's not.  People still get sick when if vaccinated, even if less severe.   I mean I respect the honesty too, but if it is a political stance,  that is about the worst reason.  I can respect someone truly having a religious conviction (my boss is not one of those), or if someone does have health issues that the vaccine might cause harm to. Again my boss is a hypochondriac and thought he was having a stroke the other day, when it was just he stresses himself out, so hard to believe he really has a health danger for me.   So I have to conclude he is just being political.

I'm not saying I like it, I'm just saying I respect the honesty, because so many people I know are dishonest, and I hate it. I especially hate it because I'm stuck with these people in my life because of my wife. And if you have a religious issue, that's fine, but you need to be consistent. You can't say "This vaccine is immoral, but azithromycin is completely moral" when they both work from the same cell line, just because you want to be able to avoid one but take the other.

Our company was calling people like that out in the forms to apply for a religious exemption. It went something like this:

1. What are your grounds for objection to the vaccine?

2. Have you ever had any of the following vaccines over the age of 18 (list of vaccines that also use fetal stem cell lines)?

It was great.

So I think what Spam is telling me is that I should respond to the email sent to me today before they announced moving to virtual learning until after MLK day that they are beginning a recorder unit for 4th grade that I object to my daughter playing recorder on religious grounds because I have a deeply held belief that recorders are the instrument of Satan?

My fiancé's brother died on Sunday due to COVID.  His body wasn't found until Tuesday, and we just found out yesterday because he didn't have any points of contact. The coroner had to look my fiancé up somehow.   Sadly, he never got vaccinated.  

She is devastated. She called me at work yesterday, and I took off work the rest of the day and today to be with her.   This was her younger brother by 2 years, and he had a lot of health issues recently.  He lived every day like his last, but wasn't the most responsible of people.  So, my fiancé would almost talk to him like a mom.  She tried and tried to get him to get a shot, but he just kept putting it off.   Now, she feels like she should have done more, but I told her the choice and responsibility was ultimately his, and it isn't her fault in any way. Still, she feels responsible.   I think that is the grief talking.  

LOL Destiny. Today so I could get a break in school the PE teacher took the kids out for a long walk. They're basically tied to pool noodles to keep their distance because there is no sport they can play where they won't have contact and share their omnicron germs. It's either that or squat thrusts for 45 minutes. Recorder training has been put on the wayside because the back up instrument to the recorder was drums and pretty much EVERY TEACHER in the building was NOOOOOOO we don't need 30 kids in a gym beating on drums just down the hall from us.

Tina told me our brother Matt is refusing the vaccine. I dunno. That seems dumb but there is no arguing with him. What's worse is he has a girlfriend of 6 years and she works in a doctors office and has had her vaccine. She just can't change his mind.

I am sorry about your fiances dad. That sucks. If it helps to know I am going to tell that story to Matt to get him to get vaccinated.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss, Zathras. Fortunately she has you, and I'm sure you're providing her the support she needs from you.

I'm really glad that my family is all vaccinated - meaning myself, my wife, my older children, my mom, my siblings, and my nieces and nephews on my side. It's just so nice not having to fight that battle. My wife's family has some members who are and some who aren't, because one branch is full on essential oil cult and doesn't believe in medicine. At least they got their kids all the normal childhood vaccinations before they went completely insane.

I heard someone describe the COVID situation as "Some people are hypersensitive to everything. Some people are insensitive. The goal is to be in the middle, to be sensitive and cautious but not be afraid." 

Thank you guys! :) 

My fiancé was there for me when my Dad passed in August, and she was just starting to get over her cousin and uncle passing in November.  This one hit her especially hard, though, being a younger brother.  They were pretty close, too.  I feel so horrible for her.  

My wife has been ill with Covid for 2 weeks now. She plans on going to a doctor to get re-evaluated. I've had to stay home for the duration, until I went in on Friday. I've felt a little tired, but had no other symptoms. I tested negative when I got screened last Friday.  My wife got ill about a week after getting her booster shot.

She had a coworker die from Covid last week and they had at least 10 people out with it 2 weeks ago.

Also, I hate Microsoft Teams. God, want a crappy platform to hold meeting and chats that's going to offer you things you don't want when posting and no one gets because they're used to other styles of messenger? Maybe I'm old and need ICQ back. LOL

We pressed reset because omnicron was so bad so last week was at home or canceled. I get to find out what school will be like in a few moments. I can tell at least three teachers in my wing have not shown up yet. 

I just dismissed a student because the family refuses to send their kid to school because of our masking policy...we are a charter school so you have to CHOOSE to go here...and there are schools in the area that do not require masks.

I don't know what their play is here...maybe so they can claim to be a victim???

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.