You got some of those virusesses?

Ms. Spam

With more information provided since then, the Catholic schools use bussing from the public schools. Public schools are cancelled because they don't have anywhere near enough bus drivers. Our particular school doesn't use busses, because most students live within a mile of the school, but we're rare. So rather than piecemeal something together, they just cancelled everyone.

The concern moving forward is going back to remote. Because Ohio is officially screwed.

I just sent emails to all my students. Negative Covid tests this weekend or no school on Monday. I am imagining a lot of kids begging for testing because they like seeing other ppl and eating hot lunches and long lines for testing this weekend. Our school district is offering free testing at the childs school parking lot this weekend including my school. I am betting half of the non-reading comprehension parents will miss that and try for a big city free location that has eleventy billion ppl in line already.

12 hours ago, Fozzie said:

With more information provided since then, the Catholic schools use bussing from the public schools. Public schools are cancelled because they don't have anywhere near enough bus drivers. Our particular school doesn't use busses, because most students live within a mile of the school, but we're rare. So rather than piecemeal something together, they just cancelled everyone.

The concern moving forward is going back to remote. Because Ohio is officially screwed.

A similar bussing quirk happened with the catholic school in my home town. They used the same bus company, so they had the same days off as the public schools. 

As a result, the Catholic school got off for Jewish holidays.

So back before Omicron hit and things were looking relatively normal (at least for vaccinated people), Trevor and I booked a cruise for our anniversary in March. Carnival sent me a super deal, so we were like "why not?" They're obviously desperate for passengers which means that the ship won't be overly crowded, they have fairly strict vaccination and testing requirements, we're both vaccinated and will be boosted by then, and things were seriously slowing down. (And I mean like...we got a great deal. $100 each for 6 nights, AND a $200 onboard credit. We're basically only paying taxes, fees, and gratuities.)

Now I'm like...:unimpressed:. We can't cancel for a full refund unless we get covid. So what are the chances that shit will have calmed considerably by the end of March?

11 hours ago, Cerina said:

So back before Omicron hit and things were looking relatively normal (at least for vaccinated people), Trevor and I booked a cruise for our anniversary in March. Carnival sent me a super deal, so we were like "why not?" They're obviously desperate for passengers which means that the ship won't be overly crowded, they have fairly strict vaccination and testing requirements, we're both vaccinated and will be boosted by then, and things were seriously slowing down. (And I mean like...we got a great deal. $100 each for 6 nights, AND a $200 onboard credit. We're basically only paying taxes, fees, and gratuities.)

Now I'm like...:unimpressed:. We can't cancel for a full refund unless we get covid. So what are the chances that shit will have calmed considerably by the end of March?

If the current wave follows the same pattern as previous waves, chances are good we’ll be in a better place. The real question isn’t whether things will have calmed down, but whether we’ll be on a brand new wave and variant by then.

On 1/8/2022 at 10:07 AM, Hobbes said:

We have had more COVID cases this week than we have had all school year. 

That's what our district is fearing. It's one of the reasons they decided to postpone opening for a week instead of trying disaster triage. By Friday a nearby school district had over 2000 call outs and no bussing.

I hate celebrating myself, but was planning a big party for my 40th, which was on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. In 2020. When nobody was doing anything. So, yeah, COVID sucks and is the birthday killer.

My wife got her booster shot about 10 days ago. She was pretty much out of commision from the day she got the shot, until Monday. Her office started having mass outbreaks of Covid, with 10 people testing positive, including the President. He asked that everyone work from home immediately. Well, my wife is the receptionist there, so she stayed aboard. She started feeling run down on Thursday and came home early on Friday. She got tested this morning and it came out positive. I have to take off work, because of her having Covid.

Icy's supposed to come down to Texas so we can celebrate our 40th together (our birthdays are 2 weeks apart). The rest of you are welcome. I've already booked my sister's lodge which technically sleeps 14, but we can squeeze in more people if you're willing to sleep on air mattresses. 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/48394410?source_impression_id=p3_1641840164_lbjWwPyuulYoLsHR

Well I got the Covid. 

I went into work Friday with a very slight sore throat and tested negative.  I felt pretty good this weekend (even skied yesterday).  I went in this morning feeling the same as Friday and boom...positive.  I have all of the shots so I can return Wednesday, but both my boys now have to be out of PK for 10 days (my 5-year-old should be able to come back Wednesday since he is vaccinated). 

Overall I feel pretty good.

On 1/10/2022 at 11:18 AM, Hobbes said:

Well I got the Covid. 

Don't die plz.

My daughter's school gave us the warning that we are likely going to experience some virtual time, primarily because of staff shortages due to illness and/or quarantine. Honestly, she does ok at virtual in short bursts so I'm not freaking out.

I have a couple rapid tests on the way via Amazon. I picked up the On/Go tests a few months ago when we were awaiting results and we liked them. I have one left but it expires this month, so gotta use it or give it away.

I did notice that the pharmacy did have rapid PCR tests still available earlier this week, but they were $100 each so no one was buying them. On Saturday, those become reimbursable by insurance. I might go snag some of those.

The music teacher in our school got it. He quarantined immediately but I feel like he was asking for it. They let him know if he wanted to teach the kids recorder music (those weird mouth whistles) he had to go outside to do it on the basketball court. He stayed indoors. Sooooooo well we're here... all the kids are being tested that were in his classes but it's pretty much all the elementary kids except kindergarten.

My boss is both a hypochondriac, and an anti-vaxer/pro-Trumper. Weird huh?  Anyway, he says he won't get a vaccine because he is Catholic and anti-abortion, and that vaccines are derived from fetuses.  When I informed him the Pope himself encourages people to get vaxed, he then countered that he also is afraid of the vaccines because one time he got vaccinated for the swine flu or some such and had a bad reaction, and doesn't want to go through that again.  The dude is weird anyway, so its pointless to argue.  I just rolled my eyes and threw my hands up.  Since we work at a university, they are making people get vaccines unless they get an exemption.  He just recently received one on religious grounds, and he feels vindicated and is now insufferable as fuck. 

I’m surprised he didn’t refute your statement about the Pope by pointing out that Bergolio isn’t a real pope. That’s the stance of most of the holier-than-the-pope crowd.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.