You got some of those virusesses?

Ms. Spam

Seattle Public Schools has started sabre rattling about going virtual after the holidays. If they do it, I can think of a few local districts that will do it. Not sure about our new district. I wonder if my daughter's school will. I would be more upset about my son having to be virtual than my daughter, mostly because he has to earn points to graduate from this program.

We are playing it by ear literally on January 7. The kids come back on that following Monday and they're doing what's called intersessional classes for kids that need catching up that week after the holidays from the third to the seventh. If enough positive tests come up during that week they're thinking only the more robust (ie they're the age that can get the shot and have) will get to attend and mandatory masks but no close in gatherings will be going forward. But the district is hoping to just move on and forward with all kids in school on January 10th simply because even though omnicron is super infectious it's not as lethal because of the way viruses evolve.

Got my booster shot the day before yesterday. Call me Booster Terrik, call me Booster Gold, call me Booster’s Millions because I gotta say I am feeling pretty boosted. Fatigued, arm fairly ache-y (not as painful today as it was yesterday, though) but all in all, well, not too bad. Can’t complain. Not going to take any more Tylenol® Acetaminophen Extended Release Tablets to deal with it. Just going to let it sort itself out on its own. Certainly no worse than the last two shots of vaccine, that’s for sure.

I’ve had some cold symptoms the past few days, mainly congestion, a runny nose, post nasal drip, and an occasional cough.  Most have been things I usually have due to allergies and other sensitivities, but I haven’t usually had my nose running much and occasionally the cough seems different than usual.  I have also had some muscle pains, though I have also been super tense lately, so those don’t mean a whole lot.  I also briefly had a low grade fever one particularly emotional and nerve-wracking day, which was also the first day I figure I may have had some symptoms a little different than normal.

I’ve been debating back and forth whether I should get tested since so many of the symptoms aren’t different than normal or can be explained by other things happening.  It’s been making my anxiety kick into high gear, though, or at least an even higher gear than it’s been in already, so I scheduled a test for tomorrow.

As a big change from last year, my anxiety isn’t so much about what will happen to me if I have it.  I’m boosted and in much better health than I have been in years and if this is Omicron that I have, it’s not so bad.  I just want to know for myself so that if I am positive (a) I won’t infect others and (b) I can relax myself a bit in the future.

Despite actually following the guidance or get tested, I feel kind of silly doing so since, if this were any other time before now, I wouldn’t even think about what I have being anything bad.

The fucking anxiety kicks in for me regardless of whether I test, so I scheduled it for tomorrow.  Then, I imagine there will be a considerable weight due to backlogs.

Thanks.  Got the test done okay on Sunday afternoon.  This was my first time getting tested.  The swab provoked a sneeze after going in each nostril.

they told me it would be a 2-5 day wait now.  It would be great if it comes back on the shorter side, but I’m guessing it will be closer to 5 days.

Fortunately, I’m feeling better now, too.  It’s been about 5 and a half days now since I first noticed anything that could be a symptom that was unusual for me.  This has definitely been at least a cold, not just allergies.

Wow, I just got the results back already.  I am shocked at the speed here.  The test was negative.  Its good to know I can go back out now, though I also don't really want to be around people anyway.  There was a part of me that hoped it was omicron so that I could have it past me before the semester starts, but it's also good to know I have avoided it so far still, too.

Makes me glad I just got a fresh pack of N95s.

That’s no good.  We haven’t gotten any case updates here since the 23rd.  I’m guessing the city may have given an extra day off for the holiday on Monday, so I hope we get updates today.  The county was already at around 100-120 cases per day and I can only imagine how bad it will be in the coming days.

We are still planning to travel next week to go visit someone at another university.  I’m not super keen on going anywhere right now, but visiting one person at another school on winter break should be relatively safe. Hell, it’s probably safer than classes will be here in just another two weeks.

A member of my wife's family, a fierce anti-vaxxer/ anti-masker woke up by violent vomiting and tested positive for COVID.  She talked at Christmas about non knowing what's in the vaccine, meanwhile she found some doctor to giver her invermetcin.  While I was in Ohio there was a big deal about them bringing the national guard for healthcare.  Oh yeah, the night before she went to a packed movie. 

Meanwhile, my son has croup and couldn't get into the local hospital last night because it is the only major hospital in the area and it is filled with all of the COVID patients from the surrounding area...which pisses me off because Durango is SUPER on top of it, for example we are the only school district with mandatory masking in the area (and the only one in the area that has remained open) but it is surrounded by a sea of people that don't give a shit.   

I was talking to her at Christmas and I stated I have a primary student at my school that comes from the more rural area because of our masking policy because she had leukemia and her parents can't afford to not work if schools go remote.  She said, "that is one side of the coin, the other is blah blah blah something about the government taking away rights and controlling us..."

Honestly, fuck these people.

THT Edit: Seconds after posting this I just found out another person in my wife's family has it (that was with us at Christmas) AND my mother-in-law whom is not in the best of health...fortunately she has her booster. 

Fuck these people.

Tina and I have been waiting to get tested and get the rapid results. I got word this morning someone we met briefly on Christmas Day has it. I want to scream. The biggest thing is if Tina has it I have to take her to the hospital to get dialysis because they won’t let her have it at her normal dialysis to keep from comprising other patients but they waited a week to tell anyone they had it last weekend so there is the chance we have already taken it to her dialysis. Trying to be positive. Omg!

Not gonna lie. I  cried when they told us we were negative. YAY For mask wearing in public and my nonstop "WASH YOUR HANDS! DID YOU WASH YOUR HANDS? DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE! STOP IT".

Also hilariously there was a guy who rode by yelling at us that we were blue sheeple and that we were being chipped and calling us dumb and stuff. OH DUDE. This was a site where at the end when they were giving out results those who waited for their rapid results test instead of waiting for the email the nurses commented "OH a lot of positives in this group". Basically the sheeple were his ilk. Republicans that go to Christmas celebrations and refuse to get vaccinated but now they want to fly and need a negative test. LOL

We’ve been in a couple situations where vaccinated members of our family have been in contact with people who later turned out to have had COVID. Fortunately we’ve avoided infection each time. Now we’re just waiting for the vaccine to be available for the 3 year old.

My dad tested positive on Christmas Eve. He started having chest pains a few days ago, so we went to the ER. He has blood clots in his lungs. Covid-related blood clots. Apparently he's in a lot of pain still and is having trouble sitting or laying down comfortably where he can breathe properly. 

He's a total trumper, but not quite to the level of covid-denier or anti-vaxxer. But just barely. He's vaxxed, but he thinks people wearing masks still is stupid and that everyone should be going about their pre-covid lives. Maybe this will wake him up a bit.

He's 62 and probably the healthiest member of my entire family. He's a marathoner and the only non-diabetic who intentionally eats a perfectly balanced diet full of proper rabbit food. At the very least, this has shocked my grandparents into being a little more cautious. And I did notice the other day when we visited that my grandfather was no longer watching Fox News :eek:.

Tina had emergency surgery. So  could stay with her at the hospital I took the covid test. Still negative. Thanks for wearing masks and washing your hands random ppl I encounter. Keep your space!

Yesterday at my second job I talked to a woman who got it when it first came out in 2020 and spent 3 months in a hospital. Then refused to get vaxed because she's Christian Science Monitor, and guess what, she got Delta and spent 3 weeks in the hospital this time. She spent the first twenty minutes of a painfully long horrible call telling me she has covid brain and she is divorced and forget she was ordering checks and her kid was autistic and oh what did I call you for? But she got her first vaccination this week because I guess you had to learn the hard way?

Got an email at 7:17 that schools are canceled here due to staffing problems. Tardy bell rings at 8:05, so almost no notice, but Columbus Catholic schools is following Columbus City Schools, and they made the call late. I feel bad for the parents struggling for child care, but the way things are working out, I may have to take a half day. We’re having our pastor over for dinner and Laura loves to host but has anxiety about it, so having all three kids here sounds really difficult. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.