Jump to content

You got some of those virusesses?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oxygen is normal-low, steroids seem to be helping. As long as I can stay normal for several hours, including while walking around my room, I'll be out today or tomorrow. That also pends additional tes

My doctor had to put in a prior authorization to get my insurance to pay for it. They say I have to use alien DNA first, but my doctor says thats a waste of time.

To be fair, living like this is hard on people, and no doubt the less stable among us are going to have a hard time with it.   But the conspiracy theories, and the "fight the power" mindset vis a vis

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

So almost all my anti social distancing friends are catching COVID. I'll just leave that out there.

I know people who are like that, and it's going to be really hard to have sympathy when one of them gets really sick, or kills a parent.

24 minutes ago, Cerina said:

I saw a lady almost get kicked out of Costco for not wearing a mask yesterday. It made me happy. 

Then today probably a third of the people in Kroger were maskless. I seriously hate this area. 

Did she cave and put on a mask or did they just let her go without?

Link to post
Share on other sites

She caved. The manager told her to put her mask on properly (she was chin-strapping it), and she walked around the corner and pulled it back down. So he followed her and told her again and added "it's required to shop in here. If you can't wear a mask, then you can't shop in here." 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They have all kinds of stupid  beliefs. Some people honestly believe they can’t breathe in masks, which then makes it difficult to breathe because they’re having panic attacks. Others believe it’s political and they have a President God who is telling them that people are wearing masks to protest him or because it’s politically correct, which is the worst insult ever, even worse than socialist. And that’s ignoring the people with even more severe mental illness being overwhelmed by what’s going on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still get people coming into the shop unapologetically not wearing a mask. I don't give a fuck if you don't believe in the efficacy of masks, I don't give a fuck if you catch covid and die, I don't give a fuck if you think it's the beginnings of governmental fascist implementation, just put your fucking mask on inside for two minutes and don't be a thoughtless cunt. I don't give a fuck if you have athsma, you CAN breathe in a mask, especially for a minute or two in a confined interior space. Why do you feel as though you are exempt from social conventions? We LIVE IN A SOCIETY. It literally costs you nothing to not be a prick and just wear the fucking mask for the benefit of the people around you. Giant consumer jackasses.

 

I needed that. I've been ina frontline shop for too long. And I haven't had a holiday since last Christmas. I've been working in a covid prone environment for a year, and still people are just so god damn blasé about it all.

I generally like hippies, until stuff like this happens. Then you realise that they still probably believe stars are the campfires of the sky spirits and what hope can there be of them listening to science?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, here's one for you - back on the 17th, a coworker came in sick. I could see coming down with symptoms while at the office and leaving early BUT SHE CAME IN SYMPTOMATIC AND SHE STAYED IN THE OFFICE.

She tested positive on the 20th, and didn't bother telling anyone until she came back from quarantine a week early and announced that she had had Covid, "and look at me, I'm fine!"

While wearing her Trump mask. This is THAT coworker.

FUCK FUCK FUCKITY FUCK today is the end of the incubation period so I'm not sure if I have it or not, and without knowing I needed to get tested I may have exposed people when I went out shopping on Black Friday and SBS. Thanks, self-absorbed conservative coworker. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2020 at 1:25 PM, Odine said:

I still get people coming into the shop unapologetically not wearing a mask. I don't give a fuck if you don't believe in the efficacy of masks, I don't give a fuck if you catch covid and die, I don't give a fuck if you think it's the beginnings of governmental fascist implementation, just put your fucking mask on inside for two minutes and don't be a thoughtless cunt. I don't give a fuck if you have athsma, you CAN breathe in a mask, especially for a minute or two in a confined interior space. Why do you feel as though you are exempt from social conventions? We LIVE IN A SOCIETY. It literally costs you nothing to not be a prick and just wear the fucking mask for the benefit of the people around you. Giant consumer jackasses.

 

I needed that. I've been ina frontline shop for too long. And I haven't had a holiday since last Christmas. I've been working in a covid prone environment for a year, and still people are just so god damn blasé about it all.

I generally like hippies, until stuff like this happens. Then you realise that they still probably believe stars are the campfires of the sky spirits and what hope can there be of them listening to science?

Literally all of this. 

I have to write a short philosophical essay later on this prompt. 

Quote

 

Imagine you are a professional bioethicist charged with making recommendations for public policy:

1. temporarily set aside your current position
2. impartially and objectively explore the ethical dimensions of the issue through the lens of the three major ethical theories presented in this section
3. identify what you think is the most ethical position on the issue (setting aside politics), and present a well-reasoned justification for it

 

I'm having trouble coming up with anything "impartial" because the other side of this argument defies all logic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Iceheart said:

Oh, here's one for you - back on the 17th, a coworker came in sick. I could see coming down with symptoms while at the office and leaving early BUT SHE CAME IN SYMPTOMATIC AND SHE STAYED IN THE OFFICE.

She tested positive on the 20th, and didn't bother telling anyone until she came back from quarantine a week early and announced that she had had Covid, "and look at me, I'm fine!"

Sooo... did they fire her? At the very least I hope someone reported her to the health department or OSHA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2020 at 12:23 PM, Destiny Skywalker said:

Sooo... did they fire her? At the very least I hope someone reported her to the health department or OSHA.

Nope.

And now I’m quarantined because my boss tested positive, and he knows when he was exposed so I know he had it this past week when we were working together.

I wouldn’t be too concerned because we generally can keep our distance, except he had this weird, undiagnoseable eye infection thing happening, and we stopped and talked about it last Wednesday. I was at my desk so I wasn’t masked, and he was masked except he wears one of those thin fashion buffs, that they say are even worse than going maskless because it breaks the droplets up. So, I get to call the Covid hotline and haul my (currently spasmed, so this’ll be real fun) ass in for a test. Wheee!

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Iceheart said:

Nope.

And now I’m quarantined because my boss tested positive, and he knows when he was exposed so I know he had it this past week when we were working together.

I wouldn’t be too concerned because we generally can keep our distance, except he had this weird, undiagnoseable eye infection thing happening, and we stopped and talked about it last Wednesday. I was at my desk so I wasn’t masked, and he was masked except he wears one of those thin fashion buffs, that they say are even worse than going maskless because it breaks the droplets up. So, I get to call the Covid hotline and haul my (currently spasmed, so this’ll be real fun) ass in for a test. Wheee!

I know it’s more fun, but the test is less accurate when they shove it in your ass.

 

Seriously, I hope you’re okay!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I volunteer to slap and/or kill Icyhot's stoopid co-worker.

 

I also have ZERO sympathy for Guiliani and will not be able to stop myself from dancing a jig of glee if he succumbs to the COVID. Fucking fuck faced fucker

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh hell. Now the conspiracy is here. There was a protest here (that got serious news coverage) about the anti-vaccine people linking any upcoming covid vaccines to microships, nanomachines, 5G, mutating human genome and mark of the beast. America, I blame you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...