You got some of those virusesses?

Ms. Spam

I was working around people (I wasn’t wearing a mask) that were within 2’ of me and the next day they’d be out with Covid.  I was still using hand sanitizer religiously, and started getting a little lax after over a year. It was shortly after dropping my guard, that I’d caught it the 1st time. I got the shots and my wife got Covid and I was thinking I probably have a pretty good immunity built up. I probably did, but visiting Montana (where everyone smokes weed) and sharing a vape pen pretty much was the worst situation I could put myself in.

There are some that have a kind of natural immunity to it. I finally got the BA.5 one. I felt like I was underwater for my ears and had strange pains in my foot. I'm waiting for the newest booster to come out in a few months which will be updated for new strains. I got it at a family function from my non-vaxed idiot side of the family even though I was ten thousand times careful and only was outdoors with them but I got a surprise hug from one of them when leaving and I am SURE she gave it to me that way. Contract tracers tell me maybe because I also have been lax at stores. If I know I'm only going to be in the store for like 30 minutes or less I leave my mask behind but I am a big hand washing hussy.

Yeah, I'm going to admit at this point I'm not super worried about places like grocery stores, restaurants are way scarier because you're sharing air with several people for 30 minutes minimum. Luckily it is nice out so we are doing outdoor dining. I'm still wearing a mask at the store mostly, but if I forgot one I'm not driving home for it.

I'm so over COVID worry now, it feels like worrying about the flu or something to me.

Went to London the other week and went to a gig. Went on the tube, ate at restaurants and didn't catch a sniffle.

My wife went to work in the office, a colleague had COVID and came to work, and my wife cought it from her. She was in bed for a couple days but that was it. 

I had a coworker with it recently. It was a Friday, shook his hand and probably spent 15 minutes chatting with him and someone else. He felt sick over the weekend and we were told he had Covid the following Wednesday. But, nothing for me, and didn’t hear of anyone else around us getting it. 

Totally with you. Over worrying about it. Over caring about it. I’ve done everything the right way since the beginning and I just want to stop. I keep disposable masks in my car just in case but it’s rare I put one on anymore. 

EDIT: I just remembered too. This guy was talking about how masks don’t work and the vaccines probably don’t either the day I met him. Lol. Get fucked old man.

I've come within the window of people's symptoms many times. I am starting to believe that the "asymptomatic" spread is a bunch of BS. I think it's a way of allowing for plausible deniability when people decide "it's only a headache" or "it's just a sniffle" before going to social functions. If it turns out that the headache was really the start of covid... well you just tell people that you felt fine at the family reunion and it must have been asymptomatic spread. 

Yeah, I'm starting to think asymptomatic spread is rare, as well. And I'm also pretty sure a lot of people just do whatever the hell they want anyway when they are sick and don't care who else it impacts so long as they themselves aren't inconvenienced.

Went on a business trip 3 months ago and noticed my co-worker bought some lozenges at the airport. I ate dinner with this guy, so no masks. He went into the office the next day for an in-person workshop for 2 days (Thurs, Fri). Waited until Monday to inform anyone he had symptoms, which was actually past my quarantine period. What a jerk. He knew full well he didn't feel good but didn't want to test so he could have his workshop. Luckily for me I didn't get it from him, but we got it a few weeks later from my son, who either got it from school or from some guy hacking up a lung in a restaurant bathroom. (Honestly, I think it was the guy hacking up a lung.) People are just jerks who can't stay home for a few days.

I mean, tests cost money now when they used to be free on the NHS. Unless I feel very ill or have a fever I'm not gonna waste money on testing. Nearly all of COVID in this country at least is Omicron now which is barely more than a sniffle. Unless someone is willfully going to work when they have tested positive, I'm pretty forgiving around most people's sneezes and coughs and not testing.  

I feel like the anxiety we are being re-programmed into having is disproportionate to the severity/reality of the COVID situation..in the UK at least.

I'm more afraid of getting norovirus or a tummy bug from my kids nursery to be fair. 

I test a lot. HA! I am parahhhhh nooooid!

Also as a teacher I can attest that no one is honest and will say anything to keep a sick kid in school for free day care. I was so pissed off one year because I got every flu known to man but the one the stupid flu shots were set up for.

I agree, the current panic is not proportional to the risk that most people face. I do think, however, that there is a generational difference in the way people treat the risk. It seems inversely related to how much people stand to lose. I know millennials and younger who have aged 10 years because of constant panic despite the fact that they would most likely have zero long term consequences from an infection. I know a lot of boomers who think that being careful means only going to their favorite breakfast diner 5 days a week instead of 7. They also wear the useless blue surgical masks until they turn yellowish.

Or maybe I'm just still sour about how everything turned out over the last few years. 

As far as fear is concerned... check out the hemorrhagic fevers that are starting to pop up. Two incidences of Marburg virus in Ghana? Thankfully the method of spread is via bodily fluids. Of course... monkeypox isn't being stopped because of the long incubation period... Marburg has an incubation period which is shorter. Hopefully things are contained. Also hopefully the current famine doesn't impact the US too bad. I'll hold my breath on the last one. 

On 7/30/2022 at 6:58 AM, Odine said:

I mean, tests cost money now when they used to be free on the NHS. Unless I feel very ill or have a fever I'm not gonna waste money on testing. Nearly all of COVID in this country at least is Omicron now which is barely more than a sniffle. Unless someone is willfully going to work when they have tested positive, I'm pretty forgiving around most people's sneezes and coughs and not testing.  

I feel like the anxiety we are being re-programmed into having is disproportionate to the severity/reality of the COVID situation..in the UK at least.

I'm more afraid of getting norovirus or a tummy bug from my kids nursery to be fair. 

Sniffle my ass! I've been sick since July 23rd and have been coughing up nasty shit, along with finally being able to blow out my clogged up sinuses that have given me a headache.

I had Covid in August of last year and this version is very much as bad as the 1st case I've had. I'm still at home, sleeping most of the day and I'm expected to return to work on Thursday. I don't know if I'm going to make it to work by then. 

6 hours ago, Gamevet said:

Sniffle my ass! I've been sick since July 23rd and have been coughing up nasty shit, along with finally being able to blow out my clogged up sinuses that have given me a headache.

I had Covid in August of last year and this version is very much as bad as the 1st case I've had. I'm still at home, sleeping most of the day and I'm expected to return to work on Thursday. I don't know if I'm going to make it to work by then. 

Ahh man unlucky dude. That sucks.

Hope you feel better soon 

My symptoms were mild. I find the test where you spit in the cup is gross. HA! I got a covid test covered by my doctors visit for my school physical and updating my immunization records. I haven't been going out unless to walk not near people and I've sanitized my house so many times to stop it from continuing. 

Dude, fuck this stupid fucking virus! 

I started feeling sick Monday evening, tested positive on Tuesday, and I've been in bed pretty much since. There was a good 48 hours there where my husband honestly believed I might be dying. It was hell. I can't imagine what it would have been without the vaccinations. 

Now my husband has it as well, and he's in bed with me going through his own 48 hours of hell. 

Thankfully though, my mom and sister drove by yesterday to leave my teenager a wad of cash so he could order food. Three meals in and we've pretty much reached the limits of his cooking. Good thing the 6 year-old will happily eat cereal all day every day. 

Got my second booster shot on Friday. Felt pretty bad over the weekend, not gonna lie, although I’m not entirely sure that’s the sole fault of Mr. and Mrs. Pfizer. Still, whaddyagonnado? Not get vaccinated every couple of months from now until the end of all things? No way! I’ll take all the vaccines I can get! Sign me up for the bivalent vaccine as soon as it’s available to me! Give me the shots! Shots, shot, shots! I’ll be a living God!

On 8/5/2022 at 12:59 AM, Destiny Skywalker said:

Oh no! Is this your first time getting it? I'm sorry it's so bad!

Yeah. This sucks. Once Trevor's fever broke, he started to get better. He gets winded pretty easily now, but that's pretty much it. Luke started running a fever in there somewhere, but he's not very good at being sick. Kid took some meds, declared himself "all healed", and that was it.

Me though? Ugh. I developed a nasty cough. I'm now on day 3 of no voice. If I do too much, I get very lightheaded and dizzy. 

And to make this all just THAT MUCH MORE FUN, I actually started my period on Covid Day 3. So I was still on it when the coughing fits started. IYKYK. :unimpressed:

My BFF here just tested positive last Saturday and I spent most of Friday afternoon with her-even sharing a pipe. I've tested twice since them and I'm negative. her husband has it, too.

I still wear a mask when I'm indoors with strangers but Jackie's been in her 2nd floor bedroom for 5 weeks with a broken foot so we figured the risk was low.

Their symptoms are pretty mild-like a cold.

I feel fortunate to not be sick.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.