You got some of those virusesses?

Ms. Spam

I tested negative, for both the flu and Covid. I lost all sense of smell for 3 weeks, shortly after my doctor’s visit and by day 10 I was still too tired to do anything. I pretty much coughed everything I had in my lungs to the point where my ribs hurt, but was never in danger. It was somewhere around September when that happened.

My doctor said that even though I did not test positive, it did not that I didn’t have it. I’m pretty sure I sid, based on not being able to smell anything and being bed ridden for 11 days.

• 2 weeks later...

My brother called me last night to tell me that he has covid. He thinks he got it from my nephew and that he's had it since Thursday. We saw them Saturday night at my sister's big Christmas light show...where he handed out 100+ bags of popcorn to the neighbors...after he popped it and bagged it...unmasked with no gloves on. 

The only person in my family who wasn't at the show was Noah because teenager. BUT Noah's been with my unvaccinated aunt since Sunday because she bought them tickets to see Hamilton last night for Christmas. My aunt was there on Saturday and spent time with my brother and nephew. My aunt's best friend lives with her, and she's a mess of medical issues including an allergy to most vaccinations, so she's extremely high risk (which just makes the fact that my aunt won't get vaccinated just THAT MUCH MORE ENRAGING). 

We have so much going on this weekend starting tomorrow. I have the ribbon cutting for the real estate team I work for tomorrow, then a Cub Scout meeting for Luke (that Trevor and I pretty much just run now), Friday Trevor has a big induction event for Order of the Arrow (scouts sorta "honor society") that he was elected into 2 years ago but has yet to have the chance to actually go through Ordeal to get into it, Saturday my sister is supposed to be having a holiday party/gift exchange that Noah and I were going to go to, and Sunday is supposed to be Luke's 2nd shot. 

I want to smash and burn things. 

I bought at-home tests for the 4 of us that we're going to take either later tonight or tomorrow morning. CDC recommends testing 5-7 days after exposure for vaccinated people. Thursday night will be 5 days, but, like I mentioned, we have a host of events starting Thursday afternoon. 

I think my daughter started to show symptoms 7 days after exposure, but would've tested positive/considered contagious 2 days prior. So definitely do the test, but you may want to follow up in 2 days. If you are negative, I would still advise wearing a mask in public because you were exposed, but you shouldn't have to isolate since you are vaccinated. At least that is the guidance we got when my daughter tested positive.

The Cub Scout meeting... eek. I might reschedule that one. 

Yeah interesting that he is testing negative but symptomatic. My gut feel is that the rapid test picked up on the antibodies, but he's got something else entirely. Good idea with the 2nd PCR test. They told us my daughter could continue to test positive for up to 90 days because of viral shedding, so we haven't bothered to do any follow up testing. They told us the most important part was not being symptomatic because they found the virus can't seem to live longer than 10 days in the lab environment.

16 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Yeah interesting that he is testing negative but symptomatic. My gut feel is that the rapid test picked up on the antibodies, but he's got something else entirely. Good idea with the 2nd PCR test. They told us my daughter could continue to test positive for up to 90 days because of viral shedding, so we haven't bothered to do any follow up testing. They told us the most important part was not being symptomatic because they found the virus can't seem to live longer than 10 days in the lab environment.

The idea that it could just be like the regular flu never even occurred to me until last night. *facepalm* It's too late for me to tack on a flu test to his covid test, but if this one comes back negative, I think I'm going to send Luke and Trevor for flu testing. Oh yeah, Trevor's not feeling well now either. 

Or could just even be a nasty virus. I had a cold that literally took 3 weeks to get over, I tested at least 2x and it came back negative both times. A few people told me they had a similar cold and were also testing negative. Has he had his flu vaccine? I don't know how bad flu is this season, we all got our shots about a month ago.

Had my booster this morning. Was feeling a little sniffly this morning when I woke up thanks to catching whatever cold my son has had the last few days..but now I feel pretty rough. My brain keeps doing these weird rushy fizzy sensations. Best I can explain it. Very lethargic now too 

I really get frustrated when people say masks are required, but then don’t even say anything to anti-maskers. At the recent school play/concert, they said masks were required and then the people in charge proceeded to hug and welcome at least one anti-masker without saying a word. And I know all the people involved and there’s no medical reason he isn’t masking, it’s solely political. Honestly, I would prefer if they were just honest: say masks are suggested instead of required.

Same. My daughter's Christmas concert said masks required, there are signs all over the doors... 50% of the audience not wearing masks.

My friends on the east coast are practically terrified to leave their homes its so bad. I'm sure it will be bad here soon enough. I thought maybe we would go to Christmas Eve services with my dad in town, but given how that concert was, it seems like a bad idea. As Fozzie said, we all know its political and not medical (as if there was a legit medical reason at this point), but unfortunately churches seem to be where these political ideals seem to congregate, and it makes no sense to me.

We have about 90% mask wearing for our big Christmas shindig and the best part is it was outside. HA! I think that's crazy. But I gotta say my school has not had an outbreak because we're pretty good about TELLING someone to wear a mask or GTFO. Only two kids have tested positive since the school year started and their parents were quick to not let them attend school when they found out.

We do a good job with students and have had only 3 kids test positive, which is amazing because we have some pretty strong anti-mask families, but they’re also making their kids follow the rules at school. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.