You got some of those virusesses?

Ms. Spam

I wasn't feeling well on Monday, so I got a test so my kids can go to school. It was negative.

Today my son got sent home with a sore throat. They said he only needs to get tested if he still has it tomorrow, otherwise if he's symptom free he can go. 

I think the people like that are the most afraid. They're afraid of anything being slightly outside the norm. Afraid of having to make hard choices and deal with things not being as expected. We're all struggling with life no longer being what we considered normal, but these are people who are SO wrapped up in what they viewed as normal that they can't deal with anything even slightly outside of that, let alone a global pandemic. Life must be ordered the way they want it, or it's wrong and evil.

And they have the temerity to call mask wearers cowards. 

On 9/15/2021 at 1:33 PM, Zathras said:

My brother is a teacher and caught covid from one of his kids.  THe parents knew the kid was infected and sent him to school anyway for several days.  Good parenting.

That right there is my biggest fear. I come home and my laundry room is right off my patio. Before I even go in I have a bathrobe on a hook and strip down in my laundry room and wash my clothes in hot water before I enter the house and shower like I'm a nurse working a covid unit. My hands are red from washing them eleventy billion times a day. But so far we're doing good. I've been tested three times this week and my sore throat is more from sinus drainage.

Hey, Alaska is winning?

We’re number one for Covid according to NYT, probably per capita. Worst Delta outbreak in the country apparently, probably per capita again. 1,300 new cases reported yesterday, about that each day for a bit now. Our overwhelmed hospitals have initiated legal defenses for prioritized care, meaning if they consider you less likely to survive they stop caring for you. Meanwhile our Governor said there is no need to impose lockdowns or mask mandates because individuals can make choices with a vaccine available.

Feel free to copy and paste the above like a form letter, just remember to change the location for when your state wins.

With the end of tourist season Alaskan’s could hope for a reprieve, but we can’t forget that it is now football season. That’s business season for our bars, dontcha’know. The Peanut Farm, one of Anchorage’s most popular bars, also the name is real, always has a full parking lot. One of my wife’s co-worker’s husbands, that’s a mouthful, isn’t vaxxed and went to The Peanut Farm to watch football with all his friends. He has covid now, and he is likely why their daycare aged daughter also now has covid.

Edit: So… My wife is unsure if her co-worker’s husband was at the Peanut Farm or a different bar. There are two sports bars by our neighborhood, the aforementioned Peanut Farm and Eddie’s Sports Bar. Both have had covid closures since this all began however.

Edit, Episode II: 1,700 new cases today. Yay.

• 2 weeks later...

So, my dad’s friend, like an uncle to me my whole life, comes over at least once a week for a beer.

This week he came over and announced he tested positive the day before.

The good: they stayed in the barn. My dad was the only one who had direct contact.

The bad: WHO THE FUCK GOES OUT FOR A BEER AT A FRIEND’S HOUSE THE DAY AFTER THEY GET A POSITIVE COVID TEST?

Oh, and my dad is an antivaxxer who refuses to get tested or wear a mask, so who knows if he’s positive now, too.

So now I have yet another test today before I can go back into work.

The largest school district in San Antonio, Northside ISD, has decided since the covid cases are subsiding they're going to drop the mask mandate in classrooms in their district starting next week.

Kids are about to be able to get vaccines but they haven't gotten them YET but it's like someone said it was coming so we should stop wearing masks now? Maybe we need to update what we teach in health class about being clean. 

Does it ever feel like rinse and repeat and human beings can't LEARN a lesson? And what's worse is like you're a school. You're supposed to learn in these things. Like did we suddenly subscribe to nonsensical science out of the blue? Last year we had the fewest flu cases on record in San Antonio. I like to think it's because your flu ridden child never came to school and spread it and we wear masks. I hate wearing the mask but I do it while I teach ALL day long. From 7:30 AM to just after 4 PM. I'm probably going to keep doing it because I hate that feeling of being sick. Even for the flu. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

We got the Moderna booster yesterday afternoon.  My arm started hurting some in the evening, but wasn't too bad.  I had trouble sleeping, unfortunately, and was definitely feeling aches in my muscles and joints overnight through this afternoon.  I developed a low-grade fever this afternoon, but it isn't so bad.  The main side effect that has been annoying this time is the nausea.  I've wanted to eat some healthy food to help me feel better, but the nausea's just made it impossible for me to do that.  I'm so glad I could work from home today.

My wife got through the night okay, but felt miserable this morning.  After she took a nap and once she took an ibuprofen around lunchtime, she fortunately started feeling better.

It hasn't been miserable, wasn't as bad as the second dose for me, and is still oh so well worth it. 

I'm working at a government facility, so I have to get vaccinated by December 8th, per Biden's orders. I got my 1st shot (Moderna) on Saturday. My arm got sore on Sunday and was pretty sore today. I've already had Covid (back in July) so I really haven't felt any other symptoms from the shot, other than a very faint headache today.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.