You got some of those virusesses?

Ms. Spam

14 hours ago, Fozzie said:

I’m very thankful that my job can actually be done from home. Whether I’m at home or in the office, another department takes care of actually mailing all of my letters. Everything else is electronic or on the phone. 

You need to go to that department and let them know that you realize they had to go in and do work for you so you could stay at home, and that you’re grateful.

I’m the letter mailer at my job and I am BITTER AS FUCK that I had to go into work every day and risk exposure not just of myself but of my family to do the office tasks needed to support the WFH employees while they got to stay at home. This wouldn’t be so bad if there was any acknowledgement, but all I ever get is musings about how they were so lucky during Covid. No mention of the sacrifices three of us made so the other 11 could stay safe. At all.

I am organizing a welcome back party for next Tuesday, so I again get to do all the work for them to enjoy the rewards, and I doubt there’s a word of thanks from anyone.

49 minutes ago, Iceheart said:

You need to go to that department and let them know that you realize they had to go in and do work for you so you could stay at home, and that you’re grateful.

I’m the letter mailer at my job and I am BITTER AS FUCK that I had to go into work every day and risk exposure not just of myself but of my family to do the office tasks needed to support the WFH employees while they got to stay at home. This wouldn’t be so bad if there was any acknowledgement, but all I ever get is musings about how they were so lucky during Covid. No mention of the sacrifices three of us made so the other 11 could stay safe. At all.

I am organizing a welcome back party for next Tuesday, so I again get to do all the work for them to enjoy the rewards, and I doubt there’s a word of thanks from anyone.

I’m not going to talk to anyone from my previous job for any reason. But I did once thank her and she mocked me for it because COVID isn’t real.

3 hours ago, Iceheart said:

I’m glad you thanked her! Too bad she’s an ungrateful, uh, what do we call Karens now?

Tank?

3 hours ago, Iceheart said:

I’m glad you thanked her! Too bad she’s an ungrateful, uh, what do we call Karens now?

15 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Tank?

I think Jacen had the correct the answer...

1 hour ago, Jacen123 said:

***holes

13 minutes ago, Zathras said:

I think Jacen had the correct the answer...

We basically said the same thing.

3 hours ago, Fozzie said:

We basically said the same thing.

Well, I mean we are all ***holes here, but I was saying it takes a special kind of ***hole to be both ungrateful when you thank them for helping and a COVID denier at the same time.  

Tina had to have a covid test before she could go to Arizona for dialysis. But when she got there no one wanted to wear their masks. It's like Tina is protecting the nurses and stuff he work there but these old men who go to dialysis with her are like F that. Let's get covid and carry it around. She said so many arguments came up between these old dudes and the nurses demanding they wear masks still. (I know her dialysis pushed the vaccination on her after all the old people who live in nursing homes got it so I wonder if they feel like it's okay and don't want to wear those hot masks for 3+ hours?).

I have to get a Covid test and then isolate between then and surgery even though I’m vaccinated. According to the nurse practitioner that did my pre-op, mixing Covid with general anesthesia can wreck your liver and kidneys, vaxx or not. Yayyyyy.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I managed to get my second shot of the Pfizer eight weeks earlier than scheduled. Or, uh, nearly eight weeks after my first shot.

Seems like it's ideally supposed to be three weeks between doses of the Pfizer! Huh! So weird! So strange! Who'dathunkit!?

Regardless, I am happy and grateful to the people of Ontario and eager to be an active participant in this fun fun experiment.

This time the vaccine barely hurt at all in the days afterward; a few aches, a few pains, but nothing too major.

But did it work? How well did it work? What results will an antibody titer blood test show several weeks from now!??? Whooooooo knows!??????

Any thoughts on the delta variant?

I never want anyone to die or get sick, regardless of ideological differences, but I am happy that those that vaccinated are said to be protected.  If there are a spike in deaths of the unvaccinated, hopefully it will be short due to encouraging those that are not microchi--I mean vaccinated.   But I doubt it. 

I don’t want anyone to suffer, but at the same time I know too many people who are hoaxers or believe that anyone who wears a mask isn’t a Christian, so while I don’t want anything bad to happen, I also wouldn’t mourn at all if any of those people got sick and died.

• 4 weeks later...

Cases are exploding in our city now, which makes us especially glad to be well away from there for a change.  We e been mostly trying to avoid being around many people indoors in hotels and restaurants, but we have been having to drive through some other states with bad cases, too.

I think that people are getting too comfortable, knowing that nearly half of the US has been vaccinated. I was one of them, and I believe I had CV-19 two weeks ago and missed 2 weeks of work. I'm just now getting my sense of smell back. 

Sorry to hear that, gamevet.

People are definitely getting way too comfortable.  We wear our masks everywhere we can, really.  The only places we haven’t been are at our karate classes and the gym (which hasn’t been busy now).  When we get back home from vacation, though, we will absolutely be rethinking that, though, since our city has had active cases explode over the past week.

I'm glad you're ok, Gamevet.

We just got back from vacation, very weird experience. Driving through Central Washington, it seemed like a lot of it was still on lockdown. The dining room at McDonald's was closed when we stopped to use a bathroom, many restaurants looked closed still.

Once we got to our destination, there were almost zero masks. I understand no masks outdoors, but I rarely saw one indoors. We are still masking indoors because the kids aren't vaccinated, so I'm just trying to model that for them so that they don't feel left out. My son is a pretty good sport and keeps his on and we actually have to remind him that he can take it off once we are in the car or outside.

Apparently the area we were in had some of the highest COVID rates in WA and OR. Not too hard to figure out why.

The people here in Cypress are so anti-mask that we never see them. And, frankly, when we're in public, we hardly wear them anyway because I no longer give a crap about protecting these a-holes. Plus, Trevor has had several near altercations with maskholes out in public simply because he was wearing a mask. One guy actually reached out and grabbed Trevor's mask. So fuck these people. We're back to barely going out in public anymore. 

Last Friday Trevor, Luke, and I stopped at a Chinese buffet near our new house in Austin to try it out, and we were the only people not wearing masks (we had ours in the car). It was awesome until I realized that now everyone at that restaurant probably thinks we're Republicans and we can never go back. 

I am having anxiety about going back to school now because of this rise in the infections. I have never stopped wearing the mask and maybe I'm oblivious to people who stare at me or make comments I can't hear. But when the booster comes out I am going to be the first person to sign up and get it. I have a friend who's in a test group for a booster.

I remember thinking as a teenager that the reason people believed weird things (creationism, climate change isn't real, etc) was because they lacked access to reliable information and that was how they were raised and thus, all they really knew. 

Boy, I was way wrong. 

Stopping at rest stops, gas stations, and fast food places near highways as we drive across the country, we are seeing so few masks after the updated CDC guidance.  That really shouldn’t be surprising since we are going through almost entirely southern states, but it does make me sad.

im already planning on continuing to frame my in-person classes for the fall nearly identically to how I delivered them for the hybrid system last semester by recording my lectures and broadcasting them for anyone who wants them that way.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.