You got some of those virusesses?

Ms. Spam

29 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

when am I allowed to take ibuprofen

I said screw it and took it on day 2 of feeling horrible after my second shot and I regret nothing 

2 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

when am I allowed to take ibuprofen

With the pfizer shot, you can take it right away. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/17/cdc-safe-to-take-tylenol-or-otc-pain-medications-after-covid-vaccine.html

Edit: I did an additional google search and it seems there is conflicting info, some say avoid it, some say talk to the doctor, some say it is safe.  The CDC needs to get its shit together and give better guidance!

https://www.advil.com/coronavirus/ibuprofen-and-coronavirus/

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/should-you-take-pain-relievers-after-covid-19-vaccine

The main thing I read was to not take it before getting the shot, but that afterwards would be okay.  I waited until close to bed time to take it still, though.  Also, as far as I'm aware, the concern was with ibuprofen since it lowers inflammatory responses, not Tylenol since it has no inflammatory effect.

We switched over to Tylenol after my husband had COVID because it seems like ibuprofen actually made things worse if you had COVID. My husband had dose 2 yesterday and I'm pretty sure that's the one with the microchip because he's being weird. He gets delirious when he has a fever, and he was super delirious when he had COVID. He had the heat turned up in our office and was wearing a sweatshirt, and then when I walked in again he was doing jumping jacks to "get his heart rate up". I told him to knock it off and take more Tylenol.

I had dose 2 today and am supposed to catch a 7:10 am ferry tomorrow morning to take my daughter to a soccer game. Not sure that's happening. I am popping a Tylenol the moment I even feel a headache.

2 hours ago, Iceheart said:

Michigan reached the vaccine threshold to have all the remote workers return to the office two weeks from now.

I don’t know how I feel about all my coworkers invading my space.

Man, I’m glad ours isn’t state mandated, and I work for a company with a millennial CEO. I hope to never return to the office.

I'm staying at home for the foreseeable future. Our entire company is in the process of being sold, and once that's done, they'll be working on divesting themselves from the specific business I'm in. Since that's happening, there's no point in bringing those of us being divested back into a building yet. I'm praying whoever ends up buying us is totally on board with the remote working thing, and makes it permanent.

Our latest is return no earlier than mid-July. Part of this is that they need to reconfigure buildings to somehow fit more people in but with more social distance? Glad I don't work in facilities. They told us to expect to only be in office 2-3 days/week. But right now they're blaming every problem on us teleworking and not communicating enough when we are all burned out, and Zoomed out (really Webex in this case). There is no time to get anything done because we are in meetings all day, every day.

I'm holding out for return in September so that I don't have to find summer camps. Those things stress me out anyway.

I want to move further away but I know our culture at work is they hate teleworking because its harder to micromanage us, so I don't trust that this will be permanent.

So I took a pay cut this year and am basically earning what a teachers aid (a well qualified teachers aid) so I can permanently work from home this school year and not be in the classroom doing what they call hybrid learning where we teach to 8 students behind plexiglass cubicles that never get to leave the classroom even for lunch and doing online at the same time. Part of it is I have health issues that Covid impacts and part of it is that Tina moved in with me and I didn't want the stress of never being home for her to make her transition harder and it worked in a way. I am able to get her to and from doctors appointments and in general be there for her almost 24/7. To make up that difference in pay I picked up more shifts at my second job which is much more covid safer (12 foot distances between cubicles, must wear a mask on the phones, staggered shifts so we never leave at the same time and constant cleaning).

This is coming to an end soon and I'm starting to stress about what's going to happen next year when I work full time at school as a teacher as those hours are not flexible like work from home teaching where I can access and do a lot from my phone when we're having to go out during school hours. 

We haven't been able to get Tina her Texas ID as the nearest appointment is August 4 with the DMV and each time I try to take her down to get her ID for ViaTrans she has a melt down because  they want to take a picture of her for the ID badge that she needs to get free transit rides from the handicap services for our local bus/transit authority because her face is all broken out with zits from mask wearing at dialysis and her teeth are broken. I can get her to dialysis before work when I have to teach next year but I won't be able to come pick her up afterwards so the rides from Via will be important for her to get home after her dialysis and doctors appointments.

And then this study comes out:

https://www.chalkbeat.org/2021/5/10/22429536/study-covid-spread-cases-schools-transmission-texas

12% of covid cases in Texas are linked to a push for opening schools sooner and having in person learning. YIKES. Looks like I made a good choice.

Mandate came down from on high that the first day back is June 1. For everyone else, I’ve been working from the office this whole time. 

First thing my boss commissions me to do is plan a party. I talked her into making it a parking lot party. At least there’s only 15 people in the office.

And then once the party is over, we’re all going to have to get used to each other again. What a treat.

I’m the afternoon receptionist, the morning receptionist texts me this morning about the reopening plans, and she’s going on and on about how she hates wearing masks and refuses to wear one in the office when everyone comes back and she’s just going off... she’s also an anti-vaxxer. If you hate masks that much... get the damn shot like the rest of us so we can get to 70% vaxx status and lift the mask mandate.

I’m kind of glad we work opposite schedules.

2 hours ago, Iceheart said:

I’m the afternoon receptionist, the morning receptionist texts me this morning about the reopening plans, and she’s going on and on about how she hates wearing masks and refuses to wear one in the office when everyone comes back and she’s just going off... she’s also an anti-vaxxer. If you hate masks that much... get the damn shot like the rest of us so we can get to 70% vaxx status and lift the mask mandate.

I’m kind of glad we work opposite schedules.

I was reading yesterday that some prominent anti-vaxxers are suggesting masking as a defense against vaccinated people shedding gene altering material. Gotta wear a mask and stay far away from those people.

Hopefully it spreads among them.

31 minutes ago, Iceheart said:

I'm excited. We still have mask orders here, and we'll be following them, but I'm excited for the opportunity to be maskless.

My stance all along has been to follow the experts, and that masks are a necessary burden. My friend, however, is anxious and has been living in fear more than I have. So it's weird hearing him. Like he heard masked people talking about how they can't wait to be able to stop masking and somehow in his mind they became anti-maskers and it took me a long time to make him realize that, yeah, we all want this to be over.

Eventually it was the goal to get to this point where masks weren’t necessary, but I understand the anxiety some people can have about being exposed. Hopefully they can trust the science as much as they did when they were told to wear a mask initially.

I’m excited to see faces again, honestly. I have had a difficult time hearing, understanding, reading intention and emotions without seeing people’s faces. Maybe I need a hearing check or I dunno. I do know my eyes are just ugh, I totally need bifocals now. But whatever, it has been very difficult not being able to see those subtle cues in expression.

For a person like me that gets enjoyment and fulfillment out of listening to others, bonding with whatever they are doing in life then this lack of connection has all been I dunno, dehumanizing.

Plus that (hopefully) non-creepy version of people watching where you sorta ponder about what’s going on with this person; what’s their body language, their facial expression doing in a quiet moment, where they have been, what are they dealing with in life, superficial things like why those clothes or those particularly loudly colorful shoes. lol I dunno, maybe it’s a creative mind thing, or a writer thing.

Anyway, all of that has been difficult. I guess in these respects I have always understood some small portion of those silly anti-masker science deniers opinions. Sorry for the rambling.

It’s definitely hard for people to really say they don’t understand things and need to trust professionals. 

It probably helps a lot that I’m in a field where everyone thinks they’re an expert but in truth they don’t know anything, so I experience the distrust of my own expertise daily.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.