You got some of those virusesses?

Ms. Spam

I got my vaccine this morning. I bled a lot. Nurse Stabby McGee tried to blame dehydration but considering my arm hurt for like an hour afterward and has been fine since, I'm pretty sure she got a little excited.

Husband felt like he got hit by a truck this afternoon, and a co-worker that I found a shot (Pfizer) yesterday for (because he has 2+ conditions and they want him on a flight test in May) had to take the afternoon off because he didn't feel good.

39 minutes ago, Cerina said:

My arm hurts so much, y'all. I have to wear a tank top because even fabric rubbing on it hurts. 

It took about three or four days for my arm to stop hurting. It was good that I got it in my left arm, but I also typically sleep on my left side so that sucked

My arm stopped hurting within 18 hours. Currently I'm scheduled for dose 2 on a Friday and my daughter has 2 out of town soccer games that weekend, one of which requires a ferry ride. I need to get this shit rescheduled.

Then again they stomped the ferry team 13-0 the first time they played them, maybe we can skip that one.

Pfizer is pushing the FDA to let their shot be cleared for 12-16 year olds.

Those of you with kids— would you?

I’m obv not an anti-vaxxer, I got it myself— but I’ll be honest, I don’t know how I feel about giving it to my kid.

5 hours ago, Tank said:

Pfizer is pushing the FDA to let their shot be cleared for 12-16 year olds.

Those of you with kids— would you?

I’m obv not an anti-vaxxer, I got it myself— but I’ll be honest, I don’t know how I feel about giving it to my kid.

Since the new strains seem like they might be more contagious and dangerous to kids, yeah, I will do it as soon as it’s available for my kids.

After looking over the form I had to sign for my Moderna shot-- it makes it clear it was made due to an emergency measure, not FDA approved, and there's still no long-term trials... I just had pause on the idea of the kid getting it. I mean I am already old and susceptible so the risk for me seemed worth it.

But my perfectly healthy kid who is still low risk? It just feels like it isn't worth it. But yeah-- if a strain comes along that is a legit threat to his age group, different story. But right now, the numbers for his age getting it is still low, for getting it and being truly ill, even lower. The mortality rate for his age group is barely a blip... right now I just don't see the need to put an experimental thing in him.

But i could change my mind at the drop of the hat, so...

54 minutes ago, Tank said:

After looking over the form I had to sign for my Moderna shot-- that it was an emergency measure, not FDA approved, and there still being no long-term trials I just had pause. I mean I am already old and susceptible so the risk for me seemed worth it.

But my perfectly healthy kid who is still low risk? It just feels like the risk isn't worth it. But yeah-- if a strain comes along that is a legit threat to his age group, different story. But right now, the numbers for his age getting it is still low, for getting it and being truly ill, even lower. The mortality rate for his age group is so low... right now I just don't see the need to put an experimental thing in him.

But i could change my mind at the drop of the hat, so...

I’ll add one caveat - my brother is a pharmaceutical chemist and if he says not to do it, I won’t. He strongly suggested avoiding the J&J shot because there isn’t enough data yet, so I made sure not to get it. 

I got my second shot today and I feel like shit. Napped for an hour, got up for an hour, napped for another hour and I’ve been up for about 2 and a half hours. Going to bed as soon as I get the kids to bed tonight.

I feel pretty comfortable giving it to my kids but obviously they won't be in the 12-15 group, they would probably be in the 6-11 or 7-11 group (wherever they decide to cut that off but my youngest turns 7 in 2 weeks so I assume he will be included in the next group). Once the adults are protected, I know people will go back to doping their kid up with Tylenol to hide a fever and sending them off to school.

Not going to lie, the AstraZeneca shitshow in Europe makes me not want to do J&J for them if that is ever an option. But then again, blood clots are a normal immune response, its just a scary side effect. I wish I knew more about this mRNA technology but I think its pretty promising and that its been studied for quite some time.

I think they're testing the Pfizer one on kids but 12 and up here. I think they like to hit up SA's population for studies because of asthma and diabetes are super prevalent here for kids health issues.  My health insurance is pushing Pfizer so hopefully this week for me. 

Luke got a covid test yesterday. We won't get the results for a few more days. 

He's been sick for about a week. It started with allergies - red puffy eyes, runny nose, sniffles. Then the drainage gave him a cough. Eventually cough meds stopped working, and he started wheezing to breathe. So Trevor took him to the doctor yesterday. They gave him steroids, an albuterol breathing treatment, and x-rayed his lungs. They tested him for covid and strep. Strep was also positive, but doesn't quite explain the issues with his lungs - his bronchioles and alveoli aren't closing properly when he exhales, so he was coughing to force them. 

He spent the majority of the last week with my niece sharing food and drinks and utensils and chewing on all the same toys. So now we're waiting to see how the baby is doing. 

I get dose 2 on Wednesday. I am so glad I was able to get my MRI scheduled for the day before my Covid shot, and not the day after. I'm already going to be laying in a machine with a needle in my arm for an hour and a half, I don't want to have to do that and feel sick, too.

I got my second shot yesterday morning.  I have been sleeping almost non stop, with breaks in between.  Pain in the arm isn't any worse than Shot#1, but I am more sore all over.  Like if you worked out hard for the first time in months. Main thing is I have no energy for anything.  Tried to run errands today, got through only half of them, and had to go home for a 3 hour nap.

I got mine today. It was Pfizer. I went to a super vacinnation site and bam it was done. SO EASY. I felt dizzy but mostly because I hadn't had anything to drink since this morning because I was afraid I'd need to pee while in line. Just have a soreness in my arm and weird red dot the size of a fifty cent piece. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.