You got some of those virusesses?

Ms. Spam

3 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

I honestly kinda feel guilty. I don't qualify yet, but they're not allowed to ask you anymore, so Katie just signed me up. I'm a little nervous about it because things have gone so well for us the last few months that I don't want to stir up any bad karma. But also fuck it I want this over with.

I think it depends on where you go. Are you going to a small clinic in poor neighborhood and getting in line in front of a bunch of old people, or are you going to a big place that has a surplus of doses.

I agree that cutting is no good, but at the same time the more people getting it the better. 

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

I think it depends on where you go. Are you going to a small clinic in poor neighborhood and getting in line in front of a bunch of old people, or are you going to a big place that has a surplus of doses.

I agree that cutting is no good, but at the same time the more people getting it the better. 

My aunt is from a small town in Ohio. They’ll give the shot to anyone because it’s so Trumpy that they’re having trouble with having too many doses available.

The J+J made me achy, kinda all over my upper body. It didn't hurt any worse at the injection spot though. Was just kinda tired and achy starting like the night after I got it but was pretty much back to normal less than 48 hours later. 

Like I got the shot early afternoon one day, started feeling achy that evening. Was achy nearly the whole next day but when I woke up on the third day was back to normal. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Which one did you get? I got Moderna and my arm still hurts two days later— but no other symptoms.

I got the Pfizer.  Now that it is evening the spot where I had the injection is a little tender but not bad.  But I feel tired now. 

You mean antibodies?  What I have seen from studies so far, there is some evidence that mothers will pass antibodies on to their babies, but not anything from the vaccine, itself.

The distinction, while seemingly subtle, is an important one because passing on the antibodies is good, but giving material from the vaccine to their babies would be troubling, especially since there are no studies yet on safety of the vaccines for infants.  With all of the people out there who are skeptical about the vaccine, it is actually really important that we all make such distinctions.

On 3/21/2021 at 10:54 PM, Destiny Skywalker said:

I'm really hoping for the Moderna but I'll settle for Pfizer. I'm admittedly not too interested in the J+J because I want the 2 developed with mRNA. That whole AstraZeneca debacle in Europe is a shitshow.

I originally wanted the J&J, but my state is not available until June.  So I went ahead and got the vaccination because I didn't want to be unprotected until June. Turned out mine was Pfizer. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.