You got some of those virusesses?

Ms. Spam

22 hours ago, Fozzie said:

True, but most people tend to have immunity for a longer period.

The test came back positive, and my symptoms are getting worse so I’m starting steroids.

Ahh jeez. Sorry man! Hoping you have a speedy recovery and a mild version of the virus. 

23 hours ago, monkeygirl said:

This blows.

Two of my good friends (in Colorado) also now have it. He went to a concert-I'm not sure if he told her at first. He's a Trump fan so I suspect he didn't think it was a big deal. I love the dude and don't want him to suffer but I'm pissed.

Sorry to hear about your friends. Hope they’re okay.

I’m doing worse, started to improve and then went downhill.

They tried to get me treatment under an EUA, but you have to be at least 55, so instead we’re doing a nebulizer and maybe going to the ER. I really want to avoid the hospital. So now I’m waiting for the nebulizer to be ready so someone can pick it up for me, because we still can’t leave the house.

38 minutes ago, monkeygirl said:

so, do your 2 bouts feel the same to you? How are you faring now?

Last time I didn’t have many early symptoms, it went straight to pneumonia. This time, it started with a sore throat and other lesser symptoms. I was hoping it would stay relatively minor, but over the past 36 hours it has hit really hard. I’m trying to avoid the ER, but it may be coming soon. I just really don’t want to miss Christmas with my kids.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Did you avoid the hospital?

I was in the ER for about 12 hours on last Monday, the 28th. They ran a bunch of tests, gave me morphine for the pain, said I have double COVID pneumonia and my lungs look like they’re full of crushed glass. Then they sent me home. But things are getting worse since then, so I’m still hoping to avoid it.

And I got it.  It felt really weird Being one of the few younger people in there, which tells me I really need to lose weight and get in better health, but I’m glad I could get the shot, at least.

With all of the horrible things going on, it was really nice seeing so many people getting the vaccine and so many volunteers helping to administer it in a safe, friendly atmosphere.

I hope distribution kicks into high gear and  everyone can get the vaccine soon.

This won’t change most of my habits even once I get the second dose.  Until my wife gets her doses, the biggest differences will probably be not feeling the need to double-mask so much and hopefully not being super anxious to be in any building with other people in it.

in short, it should help make most of the upcoming semester much less stressful for me.

Just an update about side effects, in case anyone is concerned about them:

The biggest effect I’ve had is pain in my shoulder where it was injected.  I mainly notice it if I lift my arm up or lean on that side of my body or lean anything on it.  It’s annoying, but not so bad.

I had a headache last night, too, along with feeling tired, but I can’t definitively say those were from the vaccine because I didn’t sleep as well the night before and may have just been exhausted from that.  I slept about 10 hours, though, and feel pretty good now.

In short, the side effects aren’t bad for me and appear far preferable to the alternative.

So Bill Gates hasn't made you do anything too crazy?

I got a check-up x-ray today. Pneumonia hasn't gotten any better, maybe slightly worse. Fun times.

On 3/16/2020 at 1:26 PM, Darth Krawlie said:

White House now saying avoid groups larger than 10, and to expect this to last through August.

On 3/16/2020 at 2:06 PM, Tank said:

THAT is crazy talk. China is starting to lift restrictions after a month or so. In three weeks, if people follow the guidelines, we'll be on the other side of it.

IF we don't implode by then.

Bwahahaha. This aged like a fine wine.

By the way, go back to the beginning of this thread for some laughs, folks. Oh how naive we were.

6 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Do they have you on any antibiotics or steroids or anything? I can't believe how long this is lasting for you. I mean. My husband felt like shit for a month but the pneumonia resolved pretty well once they started him on antibiotics. After about a week I was significantly less worried.

I’ve done one round of antibiotics and now I’m on yet another round of steroids. I went to the ER a couple days ago. CT scan confirmed that pneumonia is worse but, overall, I’m still not bad enough to warrant hospitalization. My doctor seems to have been very prophetic in keeping me off work for the month.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.