You got some of those virusesses?

Ms. Spam

Pretty sure Laura has it. She lost smell and taste today, but there are no test sites available. I also am having mild symptoms. If I have it again, I just hope I make it to Christmas.

She hasn’t really been isolating because that’s not really practical right now, but I think I’m gonna sleep on the couch tonight.

I’m certainly not sure it’s COVID. But she came to ask me if our big jar of garlic smelled weird because she could barely smell it, and I could smell it strongly while she was halfway across the room.

I called my doctor yesterday and had to leave a message since it was so late in the day when her results came it. It was something like 4:40.

I definitely have it. I went from having cold-like symptoms to being hit by the COVID truck last night. Every breath hurts, and it’s impossible to take a deep one. I have a fever of 101.5, my throat is so sore that I can barely speak, and I am currently wearing long Johns, sweatpants and a warm fleece shirt, a robe, a blanket, and I have a space heater going and I’m still cold. 

46 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

so this is your second time? jesus christ

Yep. It’s a little better because my wife has it so I’m not suffering alone and I don’t have to isolate. But I’m also pretty scared. Fortunately I’ve improved a lot over the past couple months, so it’s not as bad as if I had gotten it again in September.

40 minutes ago, Zathras said:

Damn dude!  Sorry to hear you have it again.  I hope you and your family get over it soon. I thought once you had it, you were immune.  So much misinformation out there, it's hard to know what to believe anymore. 

Most people are, but there are always exceptions. There are a small number of people who have gotten it twice, including a few in Columbus

33 minutes ago, Zathras said:

Man, that is rough.  I hope you get well soon. 

Thanks!

I’m super pissed. I haven’t done anything this year. Everything is Zoom. Most of my shopping is online. I’ve worked from home.  I’m the exact person who should never have gotten it once, much less twice.

1 minute ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

How do you think your wife got it? Do they have good contact tracing in your area?

I am super pissed. My best friend's daughter has it. She is annoyed because her son is now excluded from preschool until after winter break. She is still sending her teenager to martial arts. THIS IS EXACTLY HOW IT SPREADS, JERKS.

We're completely overwhelmed, so I doubt we have good contact tracing. The only thing we can figure is that she went shopping and didn't sanitize her hands good enough and touched her face. Otherwise we're pretty consistently avoiding everyone.

46 minutes ago, Tank said:

People are the absolute worst.

Brandon, did you guys have to pack the kids off?

No, they're here with us. We're all supposed to quarantine together. I'm allowed to leave the house tomorrow to go get a confirmation test. Otherwise we're all staying home for the next two weeks.

On 12/15/2020 at 10:57 AM, Fozzie said:

Most people are, but there are always exceptions. There are a small number of people who have gotten it twice, including a few in Columbus

It's no different than the flu or common cold. The amount of time the antibodies from those stays in your system differs from person to person.

14 hours ago, Darth Kid said:

It's no different than the flu or common cold. The amount of time the antibodies from those stays in your system differs from person to person.

True, but most people tend to have immunity for a longer period.

The test came back positive, and my symptoms are getting worse so I’m starting steroids.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.