You got some of those virusesses?

Ms. Spam

14 minutes ago, Iceheart said:

Ugh.

One of my coworkers's fiancé tested positive, so she's on quarantine, but she never wears a mask while wandering around the office, so now I'm like uhhhhhhhhhh.

Okay, is anyone else getting kind of pissed off at the people who are being super precious about this, though? My job, I have to be in the office five days a week, there's no alternative. But I have (another) coworker in a different department that's set up for remote work who is locking down so hard she's not having any physical contact with anyone other than her husband while the current spike is happening. Cool beans. Except for that to happen, she's relying on me going into the office to snail mail her all her materials as they come in. Super cool that she gets to opt out of Covid by relying on others to risk infection for her. Zero acknowledgement of this on her end.

In a lot of ways, I probably fall under the "super precious" but being in the office isn't possible for me. In fact, I've been trying for over a week to go into the office just to pick up a monitor, because I was using one that I owned but it was old and died. Other than that, we have one person going in once a week to do the snail mail stuff for my entire division. So my adjustments aren't putting more people at risk. At worst, it's a minor annoyance to people who want to do stuff together. 

If your whole office is working remotely, that's one thing. I literally have no choice, I have to work on site or I don't work. Doesn't matter that I'm high risk, I need the money.

It doesn't help that today I found out my sister was lying about pretty much everything she used to talk my mom into letting her move back into a house that my mom doesn't even have a legal claim to. She's been claiming Covid is making it impossible to find a job when really she just wants to live for free on my dime. So I have that to be mad about, too.

I feel you. I'm actually pissed about my work situation because I can't get what I need to do my job. I could literally walk into the building, grab a monitor from my desk and leave. Less than 5 minutes in the building. Instead I'm now trying to get my boss's boss to get it straightened out because nobody is responding to me and I'm caught in the middle.

I think our latest is no back in person before March 2021, and likely a permanent hybrid work situation, since our company realized it could dump tons of leased real estate and consolidate to use only owned buildings. I expect I will be required to be in the office 2 days a week. Its working well here except for the part where my son is at home and we have to encourage him to stay engaged.

My coworker tested positive the other week and went into isolation. I have been in close proximity with her for months. Did a test. Came back negative, go figure. Moreover my coworker has no symptoms and no-one else in the workplace has tested positive. 

8 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

I hear you. None of us got to have a "birthday" this year. We had a terrible snowstorm for mine and COVID for everyone else.

Did you guys get a call from your local health department or a contact tracer? If not, it will likely be negative.

They were supposed to call, but never did. I'm assuming they're very busy--numbers in the county are going up a lot. We're guessing she's gonna be negative too.

I’m assuming she was negative?

Apparently toilet paper is disappearing again here, people are stockpiling as things go from bad to worse. And apparently a bunch of people I know attended a wedding with no masks.

I recently decided to go out only once a month instead of every weekend, because the restrictions are so severe that a loner like me has great difficulty interacting with anyone when I'm grounded to one spot. Granted, twice I got lucky and was invited to join a circle of strangers, which was cool, but this past Friday was just no fun at all. I might cut it back to once every two or three months.

One of the bars--a popular one and one of my favorites--was closed for a week because an employee tested positive. This is all so depressing.

Well, the governor is having a press conference this morning to announce what basically sounds like going back to Phase 1 or what we called Phase 1.5 for the next 4 weeks (really I think they will extend it through Christmas). My poor daughter about had a panic attack last night because of this. She gets to go to school and soccer but doesn't have close friends on the team or in class, and a few of her friends have really retreated (I suspect because their parents are super anxious). I kind of suspect soccer and school may get shut down, too. She was doing really well in school and I suspect that will tank pretty fast if they move to virtual without a set end date.

I need a beer.

We’re going to easily hit 10k cases a day this week. We’re typically down a lot of Sunday, and we’re at 7853.

Its a really good thing I’m not on social media or we would probably lose a lot of “friends” in the community. I put friends in quotes because it’s hard to imagine ever having a real relationship with these people again.

10 hours ago, Cerina said:

I have zero faith in our governor, who apparently now is considering a presidential bid (??). So I doubt we'll shut down, but things are getting much, much worse here. 

Yeah, it is absolutely horrible, especially with them preventing cities and counties from doing things that are necessary locally, not that that would help out here, sadly.  Our hospitals are both getting temporary tents set up now and we essentially out of staffed beds now.  

Shit is about to get beyond extremely horrible here.

22 hours ago, Cerina said:

I have zero faith in our governor, who apparently now is considering a presidential bid (??). So I doubt we'll shut down, but things are getting much, much worse here. 

OMG. The things happening in El Paso right now. A school district over from my school had 16 teachers test positive last week. We had just one. I am just glad thanks to Tina I am still at home but I freak out because right now my throat itches and I cough and I'm like I HAVE COVID. Then I try to smell stuff to be sure I have a sense of smell. 

We're on a partial shutdown in Michigan again. You're only supposed to report to work if you can't work remotely. Guess who's one of two people  in this company who can't work remotely?

Some people are coming in anyway, but today it's 4 people in out of 15. I am le bored, and also a little nervous about being out in a spike.

At least you're in a small group. It'd actually be better for you if those people would do what they're supposed to do and work from home, as boring as it might be.

We have a curfew from 10 PM to 5 AM, but like everything from our governor there's no teeth to it, so it won't mean anything to people.

12 hours ago, Fozzie said:

At least you're in a small group. It'd actually be better for you if those people would do what they're supposed to do and work from home, as boring as it might be.

We have a curfew from 10 PM to 5 AM, but like everything from our governor there's no teeth to it, so it won't mean anything to people.

Lol. When we started secondary restrictions pubs had to close at 10pm. Weird. There were lots of memes "don't worry the virus only comes out after 10pm" etc. Arbitrary curfews didn't work and we are in the tail end of a second lockdown.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.