You got some of those virusesses?

Ms. Spam

The internet has taught me that in times like this youre supposed to tell people to remain calm and breathe, I dont know if thats like the best advice or like another example of how the internet always ends up wrong.

Afterthought: Im saying please keep breathing tho, obviously.

Oxygen is normal-low, steroids seem to be helping. As long as I can stay normal for several hours, including while walking around my room, I'll be out today or tomorrow. That also pends additional tests coming back and showing my various symptoms are still doing okay.

They'd rather get me out as long as I'm stable and responding well to treatment, but if something happens again and things go south, they'll readmit me without going through the ER. But if my oxygen drops or if the second round of tests comes back showing that I'm getting worse, I'm in for at least 24 hours, probably until at least Monday.

Its actually the fact that the Covid unit is overwhelmed and the rolled a dead person past my room earlier. Everything came back looking good, so theyre hopeful that this was the tail end of it. But they also reminded me to still take it seriously after I recover, because we just dont know enough about this virus. Keep wearing a mask, keep distance from people, because we dont know how long antibodies and immunity will last, or if it will hang around and hide for months.

I know all about it. I started to post a new thread about all of it, just to get all the stuff out of my head. Maybe I still will - Im home, but quarantined from everyone so I finally have that quarantine time.

Right now, long-term effects, while horrifying, are second to short-term effects. It isnt uncommon for people to get sick, get better, and then end up back in the hospital even worse. And the more intervention you require, the worse the prognosis for both short and long-term impact. I didnt need a ventilator, but needing oxygen is still a big deal.

Any number of my organs could be messed up forever, but at least I made it through the initial danger.

Yeah we still aren't sure if my husband will have long-term effects. His shoulders have been super sore for the last few months and apparently he read something today about nerve pain? He does say he doesn't feel 100% and it took at least a month for him to feel like he could breathe completely normal or not be exhausted no reason.

That's good news Brando in a small way. I will keep on sending good juju.

I may get it next, My brother is deathly afraid of the virus but he wanted to eat out at his favorite restaurant and it had dubious covid practices in place. We ate out twice while I was last in Tucson.

This has been, without a doubt, the worst sickness I've ever had. Last Thursday was by far the worst, when I legit thought I was dying in the ER, but it hasn't been easy since. No extreme shortness of breath, but it's still been difficult and painful. Nothing that's required oxygen.

At this point, I'd say it's dulled into being really sick, and no longer feels dangerous. I'm hoping to return to work (from home) tomorrow. We'll see how that goes, because I haven't been up for an entire day yet, so it may go horribly, but it's worth a shot.

Still on steroids and inhalers. Tylenol for fever/pain. Other than that, there arent a lot of options. Viruses are notoriously difficult to treat, and the option thats shown any efficacy is IV only.

I can somewhat taste stuff now. It has to be a real strong taste, and it barely registers, but its something. I also showered today for the first time in close to a week. Ive been avoiding it as long as possible because we only have one shower and I didnt want to use it, but I waited until everyone was done with the bathroom for a while, and nobody else would be showering, and did a quick shower and shave.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.