You got some of those virusesses?

Ms. Spam

A friend who has a baby is quarantining until she gets her results. I can't even imagine that when your kid is only 6 months old and you are in a room away but have to stay away from your kid.

Back to virus news. I feel that HCQ is rearing its stupid head again in my GOP friends circles saying we have the cure right now why is it not being used and facts are not helping to straighten them out.

There was an op/ed on newsweek about it from a legit epidiomologist. It's been used in other countries.

I am not believing anything, but a dirt cheap drug that's effective during early infection being stifled while big pharma pumps out something expensive? I don't have trouble with that conspiracy theory. As somebody who's been on meds his entire life I've seen it happen.

HCQ has been used safely for years for other things, and I don't think it's a cure, but just because Trump said its name, considering it seems to be the territory of tin foil hats now.

Anecdotal evidence says it's helpful. A scientific study showed that it isn't, and is potentially a dangerous treatment. Other studies have shown no benefit at all.

But personally, damn I've never had so much trouble breathing for so long.

There was an op/ed on newsweek about it from a legit epidiomologist. It's been used in other countries.

I am not believing anything, but a dirt cheap drug that's effective during early infection being stifled while big pharma pumps out something expensive? I don't have trouble with that conspiracy theory. As somebody who's been on meds his entire life I've seen it happen.

HCQ has been used safely for years for other things, and I don't think it's a cure, but just because Trump said its name, considering it seems to be the territory of tin foil hats now.

I had such high hopes for HCQ even before Trump mentioned it. Unfortunately, it seems like the original study on it by the group in France was heavily flawed, including leaving out data for patients who fared worse under HCQ. I've been trying to follow the literature as new studies are done and, unfortunately, HCQ has not really shown any statistically significant improvement over the standard of care, regardless of whether it is combined with other drugs or given early or late. It is very disappointing.

I don't recall the names of many of the other proposed treatments right now, but there are others that seem to be promising. The biggest challenge seems to be finding ones that are easily/cheaply mass produced and simultaneously in a form that patients can give themselves. These are the two big problems with remdesivir: it is expensive/hard to make and can only be given via IV. I have heard of a similar drug to it that they are trying that could be given via pill or inhaler, I believe.

Ugh, I remember that with H1N1, I was afraid to go to sleep because breathing was so hard I was afraid Id stop if I wasnt concentrating on it. Why are viruses like this? Why do we keep getting new ones? Ughhhhh.

Ive felt that way almost every night, except for when I got the late night breathing treatment and steroids, and at that point I couldnt sleep until 6 AM because of those treatments. One of the worst parts, beyond the difficulty breathing (its like I imagine being water boarded would be like, only without moisture) is that my heart rate spikes as my oxygen goes down. So my heart rate regularly goes north of 200, and then when I start getting oxygen, it drops below 60. So Im just all over the place. My fever goes up to 102 and then down to 96. The whole damn thing is just so inconsistent. The only consistent thing is that its always hard to breathe, whether my oxygen is at 82% or 94% (never above that without a breathing treatment)

At least Ive got good life insurance.

The cough started tonight, and its weird. Its super dry and I can almost feel it taking my breath away. And, yup, oxygen is at 87%. But fuck it, dying in my sleep wouldnt be the worst way to go so Im just gonna sleep and hope for the best.

Ive got a telemedicine appointment at 3. Trying to make it to that. It was hard to breathe all last night, and I feel like theres an elephant jumping on my chest each time I take a breath.

Ive got a telemedicine appointment at 3. Trying to make it to that. It was hard to breathe all last night, and I feel like theres an elephant jumping on my chest each time I take a breath.

Jesus man, please get the care you need!

Did you have any of the pre-existing conditions they say covid likes to jump on? I have three (high blood pressure, asthma, overwight). I'm pretty well medicated for the first two, and have been working extra hard (DDPYoga!) on the last, but I still live in fear of getting this thing.

I have asthma and Im a little overweight. Plus I just have messed up lungs beyond asthma. Never got any type of diagnosis for it, but Ive plead pneumonia 5 times in the past decade

If it makes everyone feel any better, what Brando is describing with Covid is what I experienced with H1N1, I didnt see a single doctor for it (I was uninsured), and I am not typing this from the grave. He has a fighting chance. Though something tells me if this werent a horribly mismanaged pandemic hed definitely be an inpatient, and thats concerning on a whole lot of levels.

So, my brother and his gf have symptoms and went to get tested yesterday. The gf is back at work today, at a bank. Because shes feeling a bit better and despite not having her test back yet, they dont give a shit, they want her ass at her tellers booth or else.

Which Im pretty sure is illegal, and I really hope she takes this to the AG.

Thats ridiculous and Im entirely not surprised. Fortunately our governor is taking it seriously, and I work for the state.

Big surprise: the test came back positive. Im not quarantined from even my own family. Got a mattress set up on the basement floor. Just ordered a bunch of shelf stable / cook with hot water food so I can remain separated from everyone.

Damn, I probably should have read this thread before meme style joking about covid spreading. I guess, it might be hard to believe or care with how things like this get thrown out nowadays... but all good thoughts, prayers and vibes to you, Brando.

No treatment. HCQ is actually about to be banned in Ohio, in terms of a Covid treatment. The thing is, real scientists are all in agreement that it is, at best, ineffective. You gotta get crazy people who talk about demon seed and alien DNA to cheer it on.

My doctor had to put in a prior authorization to get my insurance to pay for it. They say I have to use alien DNA first, but my doctor says thats a waste of time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.