You got some of those virusesses?

Ms. Spam

This was a quote in an Orlando Sentinel coronavirus article:

"One new Central Florida fatality was reported Sunday: a 100-year-old man in Polk County with no travel history, but who came in contact with someone with coronavirus"

Really? That was the only mention in an article talking about the governor and the recent spikes.

News media is wild.

This from Houston.

Headline - Houston protestors starting to test positive for COVID-19

The only case mentioned in the article -

Roughly two weeks ago, Shamone Turner and her friends, joined a large demonstration for George Floyd. An estimated 60,000 people were in attendance, marching from Discovery Green to Houston’s City Hall.
"I actually got sick the day after the march,” said Turner. “I could not move out of the bed. I was in the bed just sighing.” (emphasis mine)

I got a letter stating I am an essential employee and am going in today to work extra hours. We have to wear masks even on the phones now. LOL We had 5 cases break out in the call center office I used to work at and one at the new one. I wasn't there as I had gone to AZ when they tested positive. Bars are freaking out because they have to close down immediately and New Braunfels tubers are sadly not going to get to trash the rivers as that had to be closed down too. I am planning to drive to AZ this weekend to help Tina.

I can confirm that living in a place where the temperature will fry off your face still doesn't kill the COVID 19. Corona Virus is surging like a big dog out here in the perimeter.

I am coming out for the holiday weekend! YAY! I am going to die before I get my inheritance.

I can confirm that living in a place where the temperature will fry off your face still doesn't kill the COVID 19. Corona Virus is surging like a big dog out here in the perimeter.

I read a recent study that they think it might actually be the humidity that slows the virus spread, not that heat kills it. Because the moisture protects your lungs and doesnt allow the virus to take hold as easily, so you can just respirate it out and be fine. Part of the research cited was the outbreaks in Iran. The more humid parts of the country didnt have nearly as many fatalities as the desert areas.

But then, Houston is spiking, too, and its humid af in Houston, so.

Any time I need a reality check on how dumb the rest of the country is, I just need to talk to some of the other soccer parents. I was the only adult who wore a mask hanging out at soccer practice, and I was treated to a whole bunch of whining about how they can't breathe in masks, with one guy (a teacher!) loudly proclaiming that they cant make him wear one at work because he has a medical condition and he almost passed out at the grocery store from wearing one. Enjoy your unpaid leave of absence, buddy.

Any time I need a reality check on how dumb the rest of the country is, I just need to talk to some of the other soccer parents. I was the only adult who wore a mask hanging out at soccer practice, and I was treated to a whole bunch of whining about how they can't breathe in masks, with one guy (a teacher!) loudly proclaiming that they cant make him wear one at work because he has a medical condition and he almost passed out at the grocery store from wearing one. Enjoy your unpaid leave of absence, buddy.

Dude there's no evidence that masks work. It's about submitting to government control and surrendering free will! :p

Or so posts from some people on social media tell me. Seriously, it is shocking to me people are taking that stand. I wish it was as simple as letting them do what they want and cull the herd. But the thing is, they would be taking other people with them.

My social media has become too much of an echo chamber, I know I have a few dissenters but they aren't as obnoxiously vocal, for the most part.

The other group is some parents at my kid's school. Hoo boy, did not know what I was getting into when I accepted those friend requests. They got hidden fast because of the social implications to my kid. I'm not going to be setting up play dates with these people but I don't need her to be outcast because of weirdo mom politics.

Its a good thing Im not on social media. I got into a fight on Twitter over whether Trump calling Buttigieg Alfred E Neuman was a good insult. It turns out that if you thought it was, youre a moron with your head so far up Trumps ass that you can see out his mouth.

Its a good thing Im not on social media. I got into a fight on Twitter over whether Trump calling Buttigieg Alfred E Neuman was a good insult. It turns out that if you thought it was, youre a moron with your head so far up Trumps ass that you can see out his mouth.

I don't blame you. I use FB occasionally, but never have signed up for other social media like Twitter and Instagram. Anyone who relies on social media for their news, rather than legit journalism (though that is getting harder to find) or scholarly articles, loses their credibility with me.

When I first started really using Twitter, I primarily followed solely legit news sources, but then people started following me and I felt obligated to follow them (friends), and I hated it. Twitter is all about virtue signaling to get followers who agree with you, so then even more people will see your virtue signaling.

Although I did have one conservative friend who was chased off Twitter after I convinced him that saying black lives matter is a positive thing and doesnt mean that you agree with everything from the organization with the same name. I basically convinced him that when someone feels like their life doesnt matter, or feels like others dont think their life matters, then you stand up and say your life does matter. But the Twitter mob turned on him quickly.

My social media has become too much of an echo chamber, I know I have a few dissenters but they aren't as obnoxiously vocal, for the most part.

I've been weeding out those below a certain IQ zone and those who spout too much hatred and ignorance. Coincidentally, all that's left are people who are more or less in agreement with me.

A groom has died and at least 80 guests have tested positive for COVID-19 after a wedding in eastern India

A wedding that took place on June 15 has been called a COVID-19 "super-spreader" after at least 80 guests tested positive for the virus following the event in Patna, Bihar. The groom, who was displaying symptoms at the wedding, died two days later. His official cause of death has not been confirmed.

I finally know somebody within one degree of separation who has it for sure. She got it on a plane ride.

According to WHO, and all the anecdotes I have heard, it seems like the vast majority of transmissions are happening in situations where there are a lot of people, close quarters, in a closed environment.

Not all obviously, but most.

So in Houston patients are being moved to hospitals outside the city to help relieve pressure on hospital staff and supplies. Seems like a good idea but the hospitals are being pressured to not advertise this. But that's how bad it is in Houston.

The whole thing with these surge in many southern and western states is puzzling to me. Your cases are high but the death rate is just so much lower than it was in the outbreak in the Northeast. Texas only had 21 deaths yesterday, NY at one point had over 1,000 in single days. Is Texas and other states heading for that? Hopefully not. I don't think they are. So many deaths up here were in nursing homes and prisons, like over 50% of them. If the States with the bad outbreaks now can be smarter about isolating those kinds of places they can cut the death rate considerably. Plus its much younger people testing positive now. I know in NY we had X number of positives tests in say March or April but it was impossible to get tested. If you werent high risk then you couldn't get tested, even with moderate or worse symptoms. Ive seen experts saying that in my county theyd estimate on 10% of people with the virus ever actually tested positive. That would mean roughly 1/3 of all people here had it. Personally I think thats probably high but alot of people who had it were never tested. I know people who were pretty sick but couldnt get approved for testing.

Now Im not saying that the increases in numbers is just from testing more people, clearly its not. But I do think that if states can be smarter about isolating nursing homes and prisons and other places of that nature and individuals who are higher risk and elderly can be smart and stay home that although more people in these states will get the virus hopefully the impact of the virus on those who got it won't be as bad as it was in the north east.

Ofcourse maybe Im totally wrong and in 2 weeks 1,000 Texans will die in a day.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.