You got some of those virusesses?

Ms. Spam

My husband and I are the last group of people our company plans to bring back. I don't know what we are going to do if schools don't reopen. My husband would be miserable as a stay-at-home dad but I have the higher income. Our bosses have indicated that they will help us make it work but I'm sure they will run out of patience eventually.

I don't know what the school plans are Destiny. Last I heard is it will be mixed some online and some school attendance. So like half days and then home to do stuff that can be done from home. They're working through a plan for summer school right now. Our state is full of stupid leaders of the Republican ilk and we opened WAY toooooo soon so we're seeing a super spike in virus reporting.

My husband and I are the last group of people our company plans to bring back. I don't know what we are going to do if schools don't reopen. My husband would be miserable as a stay-at-home dad but I have the higher income. Our bosses have indicated that they will help us make it work but I'm sure they will run out of patience eventually.

We really should look into starting our own in-home "school". I'll educate your kids or supervise your chosen curricula and plans, you pay me. Seems like a potential missed opportunity since I think we all know I won't do it.

The state department of education comes out with guidance for schools tomorrow, which is soon, but districts have to start planning now for September. Rumors in our district are that in-person instruction will be around 40-50% and the other 50-60% will be some sort of virtual option. There will probably be a 100% virtual option for families with medically fragile family members.

My daughter's private school is fighting hard to be allowed to have kids in school. They know they will lose a lot of students (and tuition money) if parents have to do the teaching.

The state department of education comes out with guidance for schools tomorrow, which is soon, but districts have to start planning now for September. Rumors in our district are that in-person instruction will be around 40-50% and the other 50-60% will be some sort of virtual option. There will probably be a 100% virtual option for families with medically fragile family members.

My daughter's private school is fighting hard to be allowed to have kids in school. They know they will lose a lot of students (and tuition money) if parents have to do the teaching.

That's going to be a big deal for private schools. They need that income. We're a charter school and we actually have a waiting list for students so we'll move through the list if need be. It makes me think though if we're going to do a mix of online and in person maybe we could extend teaching to more students but I don't want to grade that work. LOL. The last week of school I had two students submit work for 6 weeks worth of teaching in two days like the great procrastinators they are. And I had to grade over 2000 papers in like a day to make sure to get their credit in for work done.

I think if they do half days it cuts down on the class size and kids don't have to linger in a dangerous lunch room eating or sharing germs on the playground. I know from experience how kids will not be exactly clean when they're in school and I won't catch every kid wiping snot on his table or book or not wearing a mask or sharing because it's the good thing to do.

• 2 weeks later...

My brothers and I went to a Walmart in Oro Valley - rich white ppl area full of retirees - the day after Arizona instituted a MANDATORY mask order. And while my brothers groused they wore a mask. Behind me a guy and his wife were coming in clearly without masks. And the guy started making a scene about it. The Walmart greeter said "Sir. Wait. You can't go in without a mask" and the guy replied "For what a HOAX!" I slowed down and hung back because I knew this would be worth some hahahahas.

Walmart was prepared and there were two other people who were larger. And the guy tried to get in. He told the greeter he didn't need a mask. The greeter tried to give him a mask. The greeters hand got smacked. The two big burly guys told that guy "Well regardless of you thinking it is a hoax you can't go in without a mask. Maybe you have one in your car?" They moved to block the door and one locked it so the guy and his wife were all red faced and you could see him building up. He was balled fists and shaking. He slammed his hand against the door and kicked some carts. He turned around to leave because like all words and no action he gave up.

The whole time I laughed. I laughed the hardest when he said it was a hoax. A hoax killed my Mom. She needed ventilators but because Tucson's ICUs are at 80% capacity and her state hadn't changed much since February they decided on hospice. My Mom didn't get covid although we did not have her tested after staying in the nursing home but it caused it to make it harder for things to be done to help her breath especially during the fire that broke out. It make staffing at her nursing home my brother opted for harder so she had bed sores that were never attended to because they never had the staff. Too many were afraid of getting it working a home.

I just laughed like a crazy person.

More virus nonsense. This is taken from my cousins FB.

The media is lying to us. The government is lying to us!! The covid test doesn’t even test for the virus it tests for the antibodies in our bodies that fight off viruses. That is why everyone is coming up positive. Look up David icke on London real on YouTube.

I really hope you hollered THAT HOAX KILLED MY MOM at the guy.

Can you imagine throwing a temper tantrum at Walmart just because you have to wear a mask? What a snowflake.

That is literally our entire neighborhood. It's INSANE. Now they're saying that Houston ICUs will be at capacity by tomorrow.

Those people are patriots. Real Americans.

Our friend's grandma died late Sunday / early Monday. She was diagnosed last Wednesday, never had a fever or any symptoms until her oxygen was around 80% and she went to the hospital.

We've had a huge spike out here. Fortunately, it seems like we aren't having a hospitalization surge (yet, at least), but we have had over 600 new confirmed cases in the past week. A vast majority of our new cases are 20-somethings who have been out at bars and restaurants, which a lot of these cases have been traced back to. I am hoping that now that people are seeing this, they will start taking it more seriously, but I fear that that hope is wasted, based on the comments I see posted online here, too.

See, Michigan may be ground zero for fighting about the lockdown, but I actually ate in a restaurant dining room today (the place is tiny and not busy, so we felt safer there than, say, a bdubs, to be fair), and I felt okay with it because Michigan has been so scrupulous about everything.

Although maybe half of the shoppers are masking at the grocery store, ew.

I've been to a couple restaurants-- ones that are clearly following the rules.

We're spiking here again, but what is interesting is that it is a spike in confirmed cases, not hospitalizations or deaths. Meaning-- it's mostly younger people who can fight it off, basically the age group most likely to be going to parties and hanging in groups.

I also saw a pic from Brighton Beach in the UK, and it was wall to wall beach-goers. Happy to see the stupidity isn't JUST America.

We are planning a hybrid model. I advocated for K-3 to be in school more and older grades more virtual. Younger kids need more in person instruction AND parents need the childcare. Win-win. But it was shot down by district ***holes.

We are also planning for a winter second surge by cancelling fall break and adding it to the winter break...but with the increased numbers, I put it at 50/50 of us coming back on time in the fall.

I was at a standards virtual conference this week and this was shared out. I will just leave this here...

post-43608-0-28136200-1593233454_thumb.gif

Holy ****.

My grandma has been won to Zathras's side - she thinks this is the end of America as we know it. And she pointed to what this year is going to do to kids's educations and mental health as part of it. And she then extrapolated out to "those kids will be our leaders in a few decades, and if they're all held back like this as children, how are they going to lead?"

She has a point.

We are planning a hybrid model. I advocated for K-3 to be in school more and older grades more virtual. Younger kids need more in person instruction AND parents need the childcare. Win-win. But it was shot down by district ***holes.

We are also planning for a winter second surge by cancelling fall break and adding it to the winter break...but with the increased numbers, I put it at 50/50 of us coming back on time in the fall.

I was at a standards virtual conference this week and this was shared out. I will just leave this here...

attachicon.gifmapsmathcovid.GIF

SUPER interesting. We are opening August 10 but we're Texas and we're dumb. Half day models for kids who need school time. But that's getting trashed and reorganized as Texas spikes this week because our governor is a moron.

I've been to a couple restaurants-- ones that are clearly following the rules.

We're spiking here again, but what is interesting is that it is a spike in confirmed cases, not hospitalizations or deaths. Meaning-- it's mostly younger people who can fight it off, basically the age group most likely to be going to parties and hanging in groups.

I also saw a pic from Brighton Beach in the UK, and it was wall to wall beach-goers. Happy to see the stupidity isn't JUST America.

One thing to remember is that hospitalizations lag confirmed cases, and deaths lag hospitalizations. So it doesnt necessarily follow that those things wont happen just because we arent seeing it yet.

We do MAP assessment at my daughter's school, too. It will be interesting to see how this affects those scores in the fall. Those numbers are frightening. I am making my daughter read a minimum of 75 minutes a week over summer (probably not enough, but she hates reading so it's like pulling teeth).

It sounds like the public school district is considering K-2 in-person, hopefully K-5. Grades 6-12 are probably all virtual. They've also thrown out 2 day rotations or weekly rotations as an option. (I obviously did not vote for that one, but admittedly my son will be in a self-contained classroom with a max of 10 kids next year, so I'm hoping he is prioritized as full-time.)

I do think all-virtual needs to be an option for some families. I also think all in-person needs to be a priority for special education (as long as not medically compromised) and kids needing IEP services.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.