You got some of those virusesses?

Ms. Spam

Some Churches got the PPE loans. Personally I think it's a push by congregation members who serve on the finance committees and people who are super lonely and miss fellowship and people who will push their social agendas that are like echo chambers away from Fox News.

Because some people don't actually worship a deity as much as they do corporate worship. The church building, culture, leadership, and groups ARE the religion. They can't see beyond their little microcosm, so they, in turn, believe it to be not just a drop in the bucket but the entire bucket. You cannot separate them from their church without essentially separating them from their entire belief system.

OH my gawd. So I saw a post on twitter about how people want things to open up and get their hairs done and nails did and be able to drink in bars because of the economy. We get that it's about economics. But they likened it to people leaving poorer countries to break the law to cross our border to get jobs in menial work to help support...economies. And not just the US but sending money home to family in other countries but that's not okay with the current administration. Close those borders. No one should get in to help support farmers and plants with slaughter and processing because all these other US citizens are lining up for those jobs and the right to be an earner. I think this is what bothers me the mostest. It's a carefully applied double standard and it's wrong. And dumb.

In every other instance that's called a cult. TOTALLY WEIRD how it's not for them. I can't possibly understand why!

It IS a cult. But from the outside it looks almost exactly like the religion that they profess to follow. The only times you'd notice a difference is if you're actually on the inside or when something highly disastrous (like a pandemic) forces them to show their true allegiances.

I have a whole rant about this, but I'll save it for now as it delves into deconstructing faith and stripping away literally thousands of years of bad theology, patriarchy, legalism, and shame.

A Facebook friend of mine is a hairdresser who lives in the Washington DC area who I went to high school with. She's a Trump supporter and believes in the mark of the beast nonsense. Anyways, she had to go to Kroger last night and wear a mask for 20 minutes. When she got back to the car from her shopping which she cut short she described having a panic attack over wearing a mask. It was a "I can't breath" type freak out sobbing in the car where she recorded herself and posted it to Facebook and all these other people of her particular political leanings all jumped in and said "I too have had these types of panic anxiety attacks". I totally get service members who may not feel comfortable wearing a mask because of their experiences and PTSD. But some how my Trump haterade made me doubt this chick. I mean, you're just going out now and wearing a mask? Were you home all this time and this is your first time going out? Or have you just not worn one and the grocery store forced you to this time? I feel a bias and I kinda want to smack her. It's hard wearing it sometimes, especially when it's hot or your glasses fog up but it's not any different than you wearing a mask when you're sanding or painting. Or wearing other protective gear. I don't know. I just really hate people.

You never know whats going to set off a mental illness. Someone can seem like they have it together but hide things, especially from Facebook, or they can honestly not show any major symptoms for years and then suddenly something happens and it shows up. I would never doubt someones mental health, no matter how unlikely it seems. You just never know.

I have to wear a mask for work. At first it was optional, then they made it mandatory when a few associates thought the state tested positive for covid. After a couple of weeks corporate send it an email saying that people could take as many 5 minutes breaks that they needed because so many were getting dizzy. I don't like wearing it but I do. I've gotten headaches after extended periods of wearing it. I understand why some people "cheat" wearing the mask.

You never know whats going to set off a mental illness. Someone can seem like they have it together but hide things, especially from Facebook, or they can honestly not show any major symptoms for years and then suddenly something happens and it shows up. I would never doubt someones mental health, no matter how unlikely it seems. You just never know.

Outwardly I have been mostly okay, but I know I am lowkey banking stress and anxiety. I have a habit of this and then it tends to destroy me internally.

Despite being careful about germs when I go in and out, since this started I have had a kidney stone, sciaticca pain, a stomach bug, and now a bladder infection. Allergies aside, I am rarely ill with anything.

I have not been in a grocery store since all of this started. I've been sending my husband because we are 95% sure he had COVID in late January. We assumed he is now immune but now that may be a bad assumption. That said, I do feel better about not catching it as long as you have even a basic mask. (And none of us caught it, or at least we weren't symptomatic because my husband isolated himself from us and wore a mask if he did leave his quarantine room.) So I do think with proper precautions we will be ok. I agree, wearing a mask is not very comfortable and I took my son to a much-needed occupational therapy appointment this week. He was "required" to wear a mask but they understood that's easier said than done with a 6-year old with ADHD. By the end he was actually doing ok, so I think we need to keep practicing. In the past, I hated wearing masks for basically anything. We've always had N95 masks on hand for super dirty yard work, and I always found it super annoying.

I think this will be hardest for kids and people with anxiety. I think for those with anxiety it's the claustrophobia and they are already somewhat scared, but many people just dont want to admit it. For some people I think it's easier just to bluster or even tell themselves it's no big deal because if they admitted it to themselves they'd have a freaking breakdown.

I haven't been out at all since the whole mask thing. I cannot stand having things on my face. It took me a while to get used to my glasses and I still mess with them subconsciously all day. I can't wear masks at Halloween either. When I had surgery, as soon as I woke up I had to take off the little oxygen nose thingy they give you. I haven't actually had one yet, but there's a real possibility that I would have a full-on panic attack wearing a mask.

My friend who I wrote above just posted this today:

If anyone has Covid-19 drink three cups of black tea till your symptoms leave. A doctor was treating his patients with tea and they healed with in a few days. The fear mongers don’t want anyone to know the cure. The ventilators are to strong and they are killing people.

I posted that I think she's a parody account.

So wait do I need to drink all three at the same time? Do I need one of those straws that'll go into a bunch of beverages and then go to one? Am I allowed to stop drinking the three, or is it a constant refill thing?

I have a hard time with the masks and feeling like Im suffocating, too. Im usually okay after the first few minutes of wearing it, and when the feeling kicks in after that I can be good again just stopping and breathing slowly.

I think it might be the mask shape, too. My fitted masks dont feel as suffocating as the bandanas I was using when the masking rules started.

Sometimes I do share the car. I had mask and wore numerous gloves last Friday. But i admit that in a grocery store if the aisles are mostly empty I pull it down to breath for a second and pull it back up when someone comes down the aisle. HA. I also take my temperature at least twice a day.

Hopefully it goes well.

If my boss has her way, Ill never step foot in our office again except for to drop off my shit.

But our director has said shes arguing that we shouldnt return until theres a vaccine. So who knows when thatll happen.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.