You got some of those virusesses?

Ms. Spam

Dude. I just know that back in the day when we drug tested at Taco Bell I used to tell my employees that if they drank hand sanitizer solution they would pass the drug test. I would stop them before they drank it but stilllllllll.... people are dumb.

Before all this happened my boss was talking about us doing a happy hour together. She even suggested, before the drinks (specifically before), that she'd take us all ax throwing. I was so excited.

Now her idea is for us to play ****ing scattergories during one of our daily zoom meetings. Even if it's at 8 in the morning I might have to drink to get through that.

The Week is now reporting that the Miracle Bleach Cure guy contacted Trump right before the press conference, and is calling Trumps bleach injection suggestion a major win for his cause. No one else is reporting on it that I can see... but I would not be surprised. Someone, I think it was John Oliver, pointed out that the chloroquine thing started just after a personality on One America News started touting the stuff as a miracle cure, so.

Jake Tapper's show this morning-he said he's running out of words to describe how dangerous the Trump administration is. He ended the show admonishing Trump's enablers that history will remember them as villains. The rhetoric from these shows can't get much more fantastic without venturing into MAGA territory.

They are re-opening state parks for day use only here on May 4th. I really don't think we are ready, but people are getting annoyed. I like the idea because the outdoors but they had to close the parks in the first place anyway because the trailheads were so crowded and people were not taking social distancing seriously. I'm predicting a small spike in cases, but hopefully nothing ridiculous.

I've been hiking more in the early morning hours around parks near my city. As long as I stay 6 feet away or more from people and walk it's fine. I'm not touching anything but the ground with the bottom of my shoes. I have been doing laundry every day though because my second job is an essential work job and I've been going in regularly in the evening and there's a lot of random stuff I can touch even though I have a specific desk only I can sit at. I wash my hands so much now too. It's good to get out and walk. But I think we're asking for more trouble if we reopen now. They finally expanded hours for my grocery store from 8 to 8 to 7 to 10 but they're limiting people and you have to absolutely wear a face mask. I don't know what's going to happen with schools. We're talking about staggered schedules and I could teach in the evening!

So far, we're still planning on the music festival I go to in September... but cautiously.

Michigan just reopened garden centers and landscape services, so my dad went back to work on Monday, and I went to a garden center yesterday. There was a guard at the door making sure that every person in the store was wearing a face covering. And that's when I learned that I really need to keep multiple bandanas in my purse from now on.

I have a friend who lives in the Detroit area. Is it true people will get arrested if they are caught by the police walking around in public? My friend says this is happening, and he is a cool guy, but he is also a conspiracy nut, in all honesty, so I am not sure what to believe.

NO. Nobody has been arrested anywhere for just being in public. Not individuals, anyway. Some cities are issuing fines to gatherings.

I take that back-I Googled it and found this. It seems like most of these types of laws, police are using it for offenders who may be doing a bit more than just being out in public:

https://fox8.com/news/man-arrested-after-police-say-he-violated-governors-stay-at-home-order/

I would quit FB yesterday, but I really, honestly do get a lot of value from the groups that I'm in. I'm in a lot of parenting groups for other non-punitive and progressive Christian parenting (a very small subset of the parenting world on both fronts) and homeschool groups for the different philosophies and curricula that we use (tons of great ideas and advice and new resources). There just isn't much out there outside of FB that could replace either.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.