You got some of those virusesses?

Ms. Spam

Heh. Yeah. I wonder if I qualify. I've done so much working at my second job right now.

This morning I cleaned the tile floor in the house down to the grout. I was on hands and knees scrubbing the tile and grout with tile cleaner and toilet cleaning. I am now outside waiting with the cats for the floor to dry. I chose white grout to go with my limestone tiles because it looked better but every six months it needs a deep cleaning. I usually get Stanley Steamer but since I'm trapped at home...

I baked this morning and made an apple coffee cake with eggs a friend gave me and a cake mix I found in the back of the pantry while cleaning that out. Now a pork loin roast is going in the oven because that was the only decent cut of meat left after the panic buyers who are goddamned dumb took everything else.

Oh and I answered my census online.

Dude. the ventilators in the nation's stock pile that they are finally getting out to hospitals for governors are broken. Also church's who shook hands during greetings were asking for trouble. Not quite understanding the virus. It's like we're going backwards in time and it's the black plague and we're going to burn people for being witches soon.

I feel like there is something about the virus we don't understand yet. I get why who people with underlying conditions or oldness get their ass kicked, but how is it that one young healthy person can shrug it off like a bad cold, while another straight up dies.

Theres a lot we dont know yet, and the medical professionals are quick to explain that. For example, we thought we knew the symptoms but it turns out were wrong, and a lot of stuff we thought was meaningless can be atypical presentation (stomach flu symptoms, sinus infection symptoms). (Source: Dr Amy Acton, Director of the Ohio Department of Health).

Interesting. I'm working from home for at least another month, but I suspect state employees will be among the last to return to work, since we mostly can work from home and getting businesses back is more important.

I feel like there is something about the virus we don't understand yet. I get why who people with underlying conditions or oldness get their ass kicked, but how is it that one young healthy person can shrug it off like a bad cold, while another straight up dies.

Best video I have seen explaining this.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/us/politics/coronavirus-red-dawn-emails-trump.html?fbclid=IwAR1DxzW6Qu9WH9oX_nzZlDvRStkEcfgvTKkdFKFT59CWy13y4_5TeMz-Wcc

Red Dawn emails! LOL. I didn't put this in the thread about conspiracy theories as this is more about the government expressing concerns about how slowly Trump is moving to do stuff. I just got my quarterly statement from my retirement and I am totally not going to retire soon. Thanks Trump.

And then if you are curious here's a map link to current virus information:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/us-map

To be fair, living like this is hard on people, and no doubt the less stable among us are going to have a hard time with it.

But the conspiracy theories, and the "fight the power" mindset vis a vis the lockdowns and social distancing. Arrgghh. And YOU'RE the "sheeple" if you don't see things their way. They have no evidence. Just "you'd better wise up, dummy."

Know what? The world we lived in up until social distancing and this quarantine and all that was the conspiracy. That was the world the globalist elites wanted. Work. Consume. Work. Consume. Work. Consume. Make the Waltons and Jeff Bezos rich. That was the conspiracy. The right wingers - the ones protesting not for health care or living wages or a UBI to pull us through this, but for the right to get back to work making billionaires richer regardless of the health risks posed to themselves and others - were the cucks and the sheeple all along. Color me shocked.

'To be fair, living like this is hard on people, and no doubt the less stable among us are going to have a hard time with it.'

I don't get this, really. I'm probably the least stable person here and I'm doing fine. But maybe that's because this is my normal life. The only changes for me have been where I work and that I can't just go by the grocery store every other day. I can imagine dealing with kids while having to work from home is a bit challenging but is it really that hard just to stay home? Blast me if I deserve it-my world is very small these days

'To be fair, living like this is hard on people, and no doubt the less stable among us are going to have a hard time with it.'

I don't get this, really. I'm probably the least stable person here and I'm doing fine. But maybe that's because this is my normal life. The only changes for me have been where I work and that I can't just go by the grocery store every other day. I can imagine dealing with kids while having to work from home is a bit challenging but is it really that hard just to stay home? Blast me if I deserve it-my world is very small these days

We all have problems, but youre better able to cope than others, because your life hasnt been turned upside down. Imagine being a person who works 5-6 days a week, hangs out at the bar daily, and then suddenly the factory is closed, youre on unemployment, you cant drink your cares away at the bar with your friends, and its all because of some rich, idiot governor. And to make matters worse, your friend keeps posting pictures showing the governor surrounded by family and friends while telling everyone else to stay home.

NOW combine that with an inherent distrust of the government and general paranoia.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.