You got some of those virusesses?

Ms. Spam

I'm not sure what I think about working from home. I guess I don't have to wear pants. But it's going to hard to actually get anything done or find a place where I can actually work

Problem with closing schools is kids aren't getting sick. Or if they are contracting Covid 19 (which they probably are) they don't get symptoms. So the school's close and they gotta stay home. How many doctors and nurses have kids? A LOT. So who's going to be in the hospital while nurses take leave to parent? Or how are nurses going to be able to AFFORD to take leave to look after their kids?

The reason for cancellation isn't to protect kids, it's to protect everyone. The idea is to create space (social distancing) to slow the spread. Italy is a great example of why, and the UK probably isn't too far behind Italy based on how this thing spreads. Literally nobody has the beds to give to the people who will need it, so you create as much space as possible to slow the spread so not everyone needs the beds at once.

We don't want to be in a situation where medical providers need to choose who to send home to die because they have to provide services to the people most likely to survive.

small classrooms with healthy-ish kids spaced apart I imagine are fine but lunches? Getting off the bus?

Fiesta, the Saint Patricks Day parade and jury duty have been canceled in San Antonio! San Antonio just had a travel Covid-19 case!

I do not have enough toilet paper to last 30 days.

The reason for cancellation isn't to protect kids, it's to protect everyone.

That's not what I meant. Most nurses and healthcare professionals have nursery or school aged children. If you send the kids home who do you expect to staff the hospitals when a large percentage of hospital staff have to stay home to parent their children, instead of being able to tend to the seriously ill?

Our community and school district is seeing what they can do for crowd sourcing to help provide care for medical staff and first responders. I am seeing "out of school camps" popping up, and I don't know how those can continue, so I'm not signing up yet. We do have enough sick/vacation leave to barely make it through 6 weeks, but we are also going to try flexing our time into weekends to lessen that. We are in a better situation than most people.

Safeway also announced they are hiring 2,000 people locally to help with demand and to deliver groceries. I think this is a great solution but they HAVE to exclude anyone exposed or showing symptoms. That part is going to be hard.

Right now I am having difficulty coughing at night. No fever, and I feel fine in the mornings. I have no idea if this is just allergies or something else. I am not necessarily allergic to anything but I'm told the pollen count in the Seattle area has been nuts, so it's possible that even normal people may be feeling it a bit.

The Fast and Furious 9 has been postponed from May till April of next year because of the virus. Yep. That's what the story said. I would have assumed the movie was mostly in the can.

It is, its delayed the same reason as Bond, Mulan and inevitably Black Widow. There arent as many people going to the cinemas, the hit to the box office is too much to release now.

The Fast and Furious 9 has been postponed from May till April of next year because of the virus. Yep. That's what the story said. I would have assumed the movie was mostly in the can.

It is, its delayed the same reason as Bond, Mulan and inevitably Black Widow. There arent as many people going to the cinemas, the hit to the box office is too much to release now.
Those were postponed as well? I didn't see that.

Yup, Bond until November and I don't think Mulan has a new release date. New Mutants as well (for the zillionth time) and very likely Black Widow will be pushed back.

That movie Onward took a massive hit at the box office apparently. The only winners in this are Netflix and video game companies - Nintendo apparently made a lot of money from South Korea recently due to quarantines

Guys, my school is giving extended spring break to the kids but I still have to go in and work.... not fair.

In other news Trump mentioned pay for people impacted by the virus. It better be good. This impacts way more than people think. And I think Trump thumping himself on the back and saying what a great job he's doing is wrong.

I think its cool that some NBA and MLB players are donating to pay workers who would normally be working the stands and stuff if games were not canceled.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.