Hey hey hey! I'm a grumpy old person. LOL 

Based on the other thread, I don’t think you want to say that

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn’t really want to make a new topic so I thought I would post this here. After nearly 4 years of hard work, literal blood, sweat and tears, failure and self doubt, finally came the culmination of a

Boom—got Jacob’s old SNES going.  I figured out you have to firmly push the cartridge in to get it to work.   It was Bennett’s 5th birthday.  I have realized how far toys have come.  You can

Louis has a bully. We’re not using that word with him, and in a lot of ways it’s pretty minor, but the kid is making it so Louis is excluded by his classmates. Kids who will play with him after school

Posted Images

Whew, soccer team coaches were announced and neither of the grumpy mean coaches will be coaching the team Q is trying out for. The really mean old one isn't coaching anyone. About time he retired.

Granted, no clue who the guy is, but that's what tryouts are for, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

You are looking at the back-to-back Durango PK coed soccer champions (apologize for the watermark--we are too cheap to order the digital copies--we just got the hard copy and will scan it--how the hell the digital copy is twice as expensive as hard copies--don't get me started).  My boys are the two next to me. 

As a former mediocre d2 college player and coaching for years (what got me into education) including running a high school mens and womens varsity programs and multiple club teams, I can easily say that this has been the most challenging soccer experience ever.  Whoever put our practice next to a playground can suck it.  One day practice had to be cancelled because of a really cool ant hill I couldn't compete with.  

The secret to my coaching success--relentlessly practicing everyone kicking the ball in the right direction and, most importantly, bribing kids with chocolate covered pretzels for making a good play (relative to their their ability level).  For some kids that was scoring a goal--for others--stop hanging on the goals or not playing rock em sock em robots during the game (this was a thing)--or at least not playing surprise rock em sock em robots with the other team...

693790550_teamphotosoccer.thumb.png.26f5ea17b50cc146db6d9e6ab4472123.png