Symmetry

Darth Krawlie

I like symmetry. I like it in all forms. When I build legos/duplos with the kids, whatever weird thing I make ends up being symmetrical. Same when they played with blocks. I prefer even numbers to odd because they can be broken up into nice satisfying equal groups. It's very satisfying.

But it doesn't end there. I even like symmetry when it comes to my body. When I chew food, I try to have an equal amount on each side of my mouth. For example: grab a handful of M&Ms or peanuts, it should be, if at all possible, an even number so I can easily split it up. I'm not so OCD that it bothers me if it's not or anything, but I do it if I can. But it's not just food. You gotta rub both shoulders, or sides of the head, or feet--you can't leave the other one hanging. If a hand or arm or foot or whatever unintentionally brushes up against something with a unique or strange feeling, I want the other side to feel the same thing. Obviously this doesn't happen for pain or gross feelings, but I can't deny I've wanted to scratch a chalk board with my left hand if my right did it on accident.

So yeah. I like symmetry. It's very comfy. This isn't THAT weird, is it?

The thermostat is always set at even numbers. I can't stand seeing something like 77 or 79 it has to be 78 in the summer. In the winder 68 and no 67 or 69.

One of the weirder things for me is when I was studying art I liked non symmetric arrangements or angles to draw for still lifes. I also do not have an evenly organized house.

Haha, nah, thats one area where this doesnt come into play. Left hand just feels wrong for that.

It's called "the stranger"

ALL MY LIFE I thought the Stranger was that thing where you sort of high-five someone and feel you middle fingers together and that makes your middle finger feel like a dead person's

I have used Rogaine for the last seven or so years. I put it on every money and night like clockwork. My morning routine (workdays) has stayed the same for like twenty years and my mind is essentially on autopilot.

A few years back I had a hemorrhoid. Being on autopilot, I accidentally put the Rogaine up my ass and the Preperation H on my head. It took me a few seconds to figure out what was happening.

Anyways, to me that was kinda symmetrical in an existential kind of way.

Dude...I don't know....it's been a ****ing week.

Haha, nah, thats one area where this doesnt come into play. Left hand just feels wrong for that.

It's called "the stranger"

ALL MY LIFE I thought the Stranger was that thing where you sort of high-five someone and feel you middle fingers together and that makes your middle finger feel like a dead person's

Wait... what?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.