Cerina goes to college...again

Cerina

Damn, y'all are ambitious. The thought of going to college would fill me with anxiety. I sucked at school as a kid, and simply don't have the drive or study habits/discipline to do schoolwork. Plus, I never had any idea what I wanted to do with my life....so I basically did nothing. :( Good luck with your classes, Cerina. Sounds like you have this all under control.

I could not even begin to explain how much easier this is as an actual adult than it ever was as a 20-something "adult".

• 2 months later...

I just registered for my final 4 classes of community college - Intro to Health and Wellness (I have to buy a Fitbit instead of a textbook, should be interesting), Business & Professional Communications, Texas Government, and Film Appreciation (I had my choice of Appreciation classes, I went with Film because I figured I'd have to watch movies or clips and I get to put on headphones and make my family leave me alone). By summer I should have an AA. Yay me. :)

Trevor was accepted to Texas State, so he's starting online classes there in next semester as well. He already has an associates, so Trevor gets to go to Big Boy College. 

Wish us luck! And money...still haven't quite worked out how we're going to pay bills. 

• 8 months later...

Oh hey guys, for any of you who don't follow me on Facebook or get my annoying texts at 2 AM, I totally finished this. After working on it off and on for 2 decades, I finally finished my associates degree. I'm glad that's over. Now I can devote my time over the next 2 decades to getting a bachelors. Maybe. 

8 hours ago, Cerina said:

Oh hey guys, for any of you who don't follow me on Facebook or get my annoying texts at 2 AM, I totally finished this. After working on it off and on for 2 decades, I finally finished my associates degree. I'm glad that's over. Now I can devote my time over the next 2 decades to getting a bachelors. Maybe. 

This is awesome!  Way to go!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.