Damn it! Baby's in the ER again.

So we have our basement waterproofed, the guys did a bad job but came back out and fixed it (see: negotiating thread). While the manager was here, we were talking in the basement with him while the kids were eating. My wife went upstairs and discovered the 16 month old had thrown up all over her tray and herself. She then found the reason was our older kids put a bunch of salt on her food. We have no clue how much, or how much she ate, but enough that she continued vomiting. Called the insurance nurse line, who immediately transferred me to poison control, and poison control said to get her to the ER and if she threw up again or acted oddly in any way to call 911.

My wife got her to the ER, I got the older two to bed after explaining why they can't mess with the baby's food, and now I'm waiting for any updates. I'm guessing right now that no news is good news, but damn. I was hoping 2020 was going to be the end of this shit, but it continues. 2019 was a shit year and 2020 is shaping up to be another one.

She still can't keep anything down. With her size, it wouldn't take too much to be a big deal. She's tiny for her age, but we live close to the children's hospital so she's in good hands, although they even had to call poison control. A teaspoon of salt would be enough to potentially kill her, so I'm glad we got her there quickly.

They thought they were helping her, and didn't realize it would be bad for her, so it wasn't that hard to keep cool. Plus my emotions shut down in an emergency, so I wasn't even experiencing anger or fear.

At this point I would kill for 48 hours of no sickness and nothing going wrong with the house.

Of course I also just went and puked in the office bathroom but that's normal for me still.

Louis is still throwing up, but Sylvia is doing well. Poor boy just got over being sick, went back to school for a week, and is completely down and out.

Are you sure you guys don't live on an Indian burial ground or something?

It's gotta be something. Louis is still throwing up and super sick. He fell asleep on the couch watching TV, and that has never happened. Literally never. If the TV is on he's glued to it.

I was also super sick last night. I came home from work, collapsed on the couch, and then went to bed at 8. I was super dizzy and lightheaded, so much that I had to half-crawl up the stairs.

My issues are long term, and definitely not related. The blood work showed salt poisoning, so everyone is sure that was the cause, plus she didn't have any kind of fever. Neither have I.

My son has a high fever, vomiting, coughing, a sore throat, and generally seems to have the flu.

My husband got taken down by a nasty virus last weekend and it turned into pneumonia. Then they sent my son home Thursday for a fever, but when we got him to urgent care there was no fever. Glad we paid for that chest x-ray for nothing (they had told us if our kids got sick to bring them in because they were worried they could get it, too).

Yeah, all of my health problems started with the flu last year, and that turned into pneumonia that had me hospitalized and close to death, then that infection ended up wrecking my stomach and causing a bunch of other problems. A ton of freak stuff has happened in the past 12 months. An otherwise healthy 38 year old shouldn't be close to dying from pneumonia, especially one that's caught quickly. A one year old girl shouldn't be close to dying from an infection that is only seen in boys in their teens or early twenties.

Did someone curse me? What the hell.

We had a relatively minor mold issue that we recently had remediated. It was pretty minor and mostly cosmetic, though. But we also had the basement waterproofed and that was a big mess, but shouldn't be causing what we're seeing. Mold could have been a contributing factor.

My wife woke up at 3 AM vomiting, and when I got the baby up she had thrown up, but seems fine now. My son is still sick and was sick enough that we let him sleep on the couch so he didn't have to go upstairs. I got him to eat a small pancake today, though, so that was a victory.

Fortunately the four year old is fine. I think that she just scares germs away.

Okay, I caught it despite my best attempts. 102.2 fever, super extra vomiting, the whole nine yards. I was hoping it was just my normal sickness hitting hard because I couldn't care for myself yesterday due to taking care of everyone else.

I'm going to try to go to work tomorrow though, so here's hoping it passes and I don't die. Although the way I feel now, I'm not so sure about the last part.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.