Negotiating

Does anyone here enjoy it? We had our basement waterproofed and they did a bad job. They came back and fixed it after I contacted the owner, but even that involved cancelling plans and rearranging schedules, so I asked for a refund, with the implied threat of a bad review on Angie's List. They uncovered a wall that had plants growing through it and just left it, that was how bad it was. And they definitely saw it because they removed the drywall that was hiding it.

I asked for a huge refund, and I have pics to support my bad review, so it'd be great to get the money back, but I'm not looking forward to haggling if he comes back with a counter offer.

I took the StrengthsFinder test and one of mine was harmony, that I try to find common ground and bring people together, so I'm basically a great mediator but horrible at negotiating. If I had been in charge of negotiating peace at the end of WW2, the entire world would be speaking German.

On the other hand, I asked for 50% back and he didn't say no. He said someone would call me tomorrow. I'm sure he also doesn't want it in writing.

Took me forever to buy a car and we only went back like once on negotiating (and then asking if we could get a better price for financing, which did get us another $500). Buying a car is literally my least favorite thing to shop for, I would rather buy a house, I hate it so much.

Next on the list is buying a new furnace and hopefully installing air conditioning/heat pump/ductless split. We are on bid #7. Its getting dumb. We've literally heard anywhere from $7k to $20k for the same thing.

No money back, but they're going to do some additional work for free and give us one of those fancy air ventilation systems that may or may not do much for humidity (I see conflicting reports online), but will help with our minor radon issue. Plus it'll help increase the value of our home, because people like fancy things. With the extra stuff, we're getting what another company quoted an extra $8000 to do. So I'm reasonably happy, and my family doesn't have to start speaking German.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.