Movin' on... up? down? left?

Tank

I don't see it as a crisis with the loans themselves but prices are going to keep up and that can't continue.    If it does, foreclosures will inevitably rise up.   It won't be the same size as what happened a decade ago  but if you make 50K a year, buying a 300 to 400K home seems scary as hell, but that's what folks are doing. 

On 2/7/2021 at 4:12 PM, Jedigoat said:

Hamilton county, IN is commonly regarded as the best place to live, or in the top, in all the U.S. and A.  

So....so there.  

I don't dispute it, but where I live, it's a high of 73.  Something to be said for not having to shovel snow. ;P  

• 1 month later...

Not sure where I left off in this thread, but I gave up on trying to buy a place. The market is going up and LA is already crazy.  I just kept losing to people making crazy cash offers, or waiving appraisals, or junk like that. It was too stressful and the horrible people above me were getting worse.

I decided to do what I should have done a year ago and just rent a place in the suburbs close to my kid’s school (which he goes back to next week). I decided to get a top floor unit in one of those giant communities that have the feel of a Disney resort. It’s all manicured, has pools, a huge gym, etc. It’s a little smaller than my last place, but $1k less a month.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.