Hey, anyone start a Kenobi thread yet?

Ms. Spam

To be fair, the book was one of the better ones and despite The Mandalorian being so good I don't have an overwhelming amount of faith in the show.

You say it's not a troll post, but you really thought someone here started a thread about a seven year old book rather than an upcoming TV series? I call ts.

Particularly on a board that hasnt shown much interest in the EU in years.

Yep, that was my first thought. You have to realize that I belong to many Facebook groups where people regularly post threads about various EU works, so I'm pretty much constantly in that mode.

No promises but, yeah, I'll stop watching if they don't have that done by the third episode.

I mean, the show probably isn't going to even happen anyway[1] so the whole point is moot.

Obi-Wan dual wields both lightsabers facing down a krayt dragon by the third episode or I'm out.

Respectfully disagree, Obi-Wan's a traditionalist. He's got his lightsaber and he knows how to use it. Dual sabers is a flashy show-off Anakin move.

I have three (equally respectful!) counter-arguments :

1) It'd be rad as hell!

2) It'd be rad as hell!

3) It'd be rad as heeeeeeeeeeeeeyeeeeeahhhhhhheeeeeell!

[1] Obviously, if Ewan McGregor doesn't want to do it they should offer it to his twin brother Gordon McGregor who did such great work in The Island (2005), Last Days In The Desert (2017), and Fargo Season 3.

LFL is dumb.

Noooooo my rumor is that they were pushing it back because they thought maybe a movie instead of a series.

That is how it was originally conceived. But then it changed to cancelled, then, an Obi Wan series. Now on hold? Or maybe they will merge it with the show EVERYONE wants to see, the Cassian Andor series (tongue in cheek).

I was WAYYY more excited about an Obi Wan series with Ewan McGregor than anything else Star Wars in recent years. If the Obi Wan show gets cancelled before getting off the ground, not only will that be a monumentally idiotic decision, but I think it will literally damage the Star Wars brand so much it will be very hard to recover. I think this is the one show OT, PT, and ST fans all agree should happen.

Ewan McGregor is the most chilled, "normal" actor out there. Can't see him being unreasonably difficult unless Disney are being absolute c****

Yeah, its either a money dispute, or the script is ridiculous and he took issue with it.

Actually the Obi Wan series is the one I was least looking forward to while the Cassian Andor series was the one I am most looking forward. The fact that Cassian is the lead is almost irrelevant. I just love the idea of a spy show set in the galaxy far, far away.

Can't agree on Obi Wan, but I wouldn't mind a Cassian Andor show, too (as long as it stays true to Rogue One), but it doesn't seem a popular idea. Hence the tongue in cheek reference, because I thought I was the only one out there who liked the idea.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.