Dead Pool 2020?

monkeygirl

On 1/11/2020 at 2:30 PM, monkeygirl said:

and the entry period has closed

Why close the entry period? I only have 3+ months now. It's not like I have an advantage. 
here are my ten:

Bob Dylan
Dan Rather

Queen Elizabeth 
Robert Parish
Frank Langella

LaToya Jackson
Dame Maggie Smith

Carl Yaztremski

Tito Santana

Clint Eastwood

• 3 weeks later...

We have a local photographer whose work is well-known to us. He just posted a series of shots he took of VH at a local rock station I'd worked for when I first moved to Seattle. I wasn't there that day but the appearance is legend. Eddie had just married Valeria so Darrell (the photographer) sat on these pics all this time because the on air studio became a damn strip club and bar. The band, their entourage and half naked women came carrying racks of beer and bottles of booze and tons of smoke. Radio used to be fun.

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2020 at 12:51 PM, Ms. Spam said:

Alex Trebek passed away in his sleep last night.

Even though this has been anticipatable for the past nineteen months or so, nevertheless, actually hearing this news was still like being told of the death of a mountain or an ocean. An impossible loss.

On 10/6/2020 at 3:09 PM, Metropolis said:

Well Gamevet got this one. Eddie Van Halen from throat cancer. It has been a while since he had been in public. This one bums me out. I can remember back when I was younger hitting stop-rewind-play on the cassette deck when trying to figure out his songs. :cry:

I certainly didn't want to be right on that one. Throat cancer is pretty much a death sentence. I had a neighbor in my apartment building (back in the 90s') that was diagnosed with it. She died less than 2 years after the diagnosis.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.