What do you want for Christmas! TELL ME.

Ms. Spam

I won't get it for you but I thought I'd post a few of my favorites I want but will probably not get.

I have a cat that eats straws. And then has to get enemas to pass the straws. So I asked for stainless steel straws for Christmas. But I found these bougie things!

https://www.containerstore.com/s/kitchen/food-storage/fusionglas-reusable-straws-with-cleaner/12d?productId=11011104&country=US&currency=USD&utm_source=tcscompshop&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=google&cid=cse%7Cevergreen%7Ckitchen+%3E+food-storage%7Cgoogle%7C%7C%7Bcampaignid%7D%7C%7Bproduct_id%7D%7C%7Bdevice%7D&gclid=CjwKCAiA58fvBRAzEiwAQW-hzSfNdO57bzgz7tefWXnMs6Zi6CWF39NkvTUDV0P-wBHGqaZY2s2a7xoCW9AQAvD_BwE

Fusionglas straws. They're glass impregnated with food grade silicon!

10078738-FusionGlas-straws.jpg?width=120

In terms of real stuff, I'm asking for a little Arduino based robot that I'll put together with the kids. I want to start teaching them a little bit more about computers, and that's a fun project. Plus I've been wanting to do it myself.

Other than that, I don't want much. I'm getting too much stuff from my mom, who was supposed to just get me an Amazon gift card and a t-shirt. But God only knows what else she has by now, she just told me yesterday that she has "a lot more" than that.

They are pretty funny. We've decided to get a summer nanny because summer camp will just be too overwhelming for Ethan, even though I'm nervous about trusting/relying on someone again. Quinn will get to go to a few Girl Scout camps, but she will be stuck at home with them for the most part. I feel bad because she likes the social aspect of summer camp, but I can't afford both.

They are pretty funny. We've decided to get a summer nanny because summer camp will just be too overwhelming for Ethan, even though I'm nervous about trusting/relying on someone again. Quinn will get to go to a few Girl Scout camps, but she will be stuck at home with them for the most part. I feel bad because she likes the social aspect of summer camp, but I can't afford both.

AW. That's the hardest thing a lot of my parents talk about. Remember taking breaks is also go for kids and can recharge them. My local library offers a lot of neat summer projects like a coding camp for kids and Pokemon Go events. Maybe the Nanny can take them out for low key things like this.

I want to buy the air bag clothes for my Nan so before she falls they inflate to cushion the fall! You should look into that Rock! Last year I wanted to put my Nan in a class that teaches you how to fall to keep from breaking things. She didn't want to get in the car to go.

I would like for better teamwork and communication between my wife and I, in regards to sending out Christmas gifts to our Elders. Every year we get them stuff and every year it is five days before Christmas while the gifts are still sitting in our house.

Oh and peace on Earth et al. Health and prosperity. Yadda yadda.

Afterthought: I am starting to think we should just make a Christmas Card and then put a gift card in it. The card will read, Oh shit its Christmas.

Afterthought 2: That could be a musical card too, with a parody of John Lennons Happy Xmas (War is Over) (So this is Christmas)...

Oh shit its Christmas

And look what weve done

presents sitting unmailed

so no one can have fun

Oh shit its Christmas

We have all of these cards

and havent mailed a single one

Oh shit its Christmas

HA! My parents told us last year that we are not getting Christmas or Birthday cards with money any more. Dad's retiring and they can't afford that stuff any more. I am actually cool with it but it was pretty funny. My brother and sister RELY on that check to get them through December. It feels good to be an adult. Sorta. I mean we still get a card.

This month did. I'm pretty much like you probably staring at my ceiling at night wondering who'll pay for the whole month. I had some unexpected bills as well. My Mom and my mooch brother and sister needed to have 300 gallons of sewage pumped because their septic lines are broken but it is cheaper to pump right now than actually fix the lines. So I paid for that for them for Christmas, the busted window shield on my car and property taxes. Weeeeeeeeee! Adulting is the WORST. I am super dipping into savings which I know you do not have, Rock, and I am sorry.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.