Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What do you want for Christmas! TELL ME.

48 replies to this topic

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,805 posts

I won't get it for you but I thought I'd post a few of my favorites I want but will probably not get.

I have a cat that eats straws. And then has to get enemas to pass the straws. So I asked for stainless steel straws for Christmas. But I found these bougie things!

https://www.containe...7xoCW9AQAvD_BwE

Fusionglas straws. They're glass impregnated with food grade silicon! 

10078738-FusionGlas-straws.jpg?width=120

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,805 posts

I also want this buffalo check doormat!

81JbFdCkheL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,830 posts

nothin

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,386 posts
Definitely not anything impregnated. Not this year.
  • Destiny Skywalker and Odine +1 this

D-Ray Kenobi

D-Ray Kenobi

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

• 15,310 posts

I'm at the age where the best present is just doing something fun with buddies.

But then again I wouldn't mind a new record player to replace the one that my five year old niece DJ'ed too hard on.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,596 posts
A new job.
  • Ms. Spam, Darth Krawlie, Cerina and 1 other +1 this

monkeygirl

monkeygirl

Advad Disagerer

• Administrator
  • 22,168 posts

Same as every year; a pony, world peace and one million tax free American dollars

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,386 posts
In terms of real stuff, I'm asking for a little Arduino based robot that I'll put together with the kids.  I want to start teaching them a little bit more about computers, and that's a fun project.  Plus I've been wanting to do it myself.

Other than that, I don't want much.  I'm getting too much stuff from my mom, who was supposed to just get me an Amazon gift card and a t-shirt.  But God only knows what else she has by now, she just told me yesterday that she has "a lot more" than that.
  • Ms. Spam +1 this

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,805 posts

that's actually pretty darn cool, Brando. There's a drone I was looking at getting for my nephews that's controlled by your hands.

The Choc

The Choc

• 9,123 posts

All I wanted was Gerrit Cole and I already got it. 

Destiny Skywalker

Destiny Skywalker

Actually, I am a rocket scientist

• 20,736 posts
I want summer off with my kids but get to keep my job and no career blowback. I'll even take it unpaid.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,805 posts

I'm getting those straws today. F waiting for Christmas.

I too want you to spend the summer with your kids without repercussion, Destiny.

Destiny Skywalker

Destiny Skywalker

• 20,736 posts
They are pretty funny. We've decided to get a summer nanny because summer camp will just be too overwhelming for Ethan, even though I'm nervous about trusting/relying on someone again. Quinn will get to go to a few Girl Scout camps, but she will be stuck at home with them for the most part. I feel bad because she likes the social aspect of summer camp, but I can't afford both.

Darth Ender

Darth Ender

• Members
  • 494 posts

I really want for a Christmas...just one Christmas from the past before time took its toll.

• captainbleh +1 this

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,805 posts

They are pretty funny. We've decided to get a summer nanny because summer camp will just be too overwhelming for Ethan, even though I'm nervous about trusting/relying on someone again. Quinn will get to go to a few Girl Scout camps, but she will be stuck at home with them for the most part. I feel bad because she likes the social aspect of summer camp, but I can't afford both.

AW. That's the hardest thing a lot of my parents talk about. Remember taking breaks is also go for kids and can recharge them. My local library offers a lot of neat summer projects like a coding camp for kids and Pokemon Go events. Maybe the Nanny can take them out for low key things like this.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,780 posts

For my shoulder to miraculously heal over night.  Fell and broke it shortly after my open heart quintuple bypass surgery and now my life is ruined.  Fix that, Santa.

• zambingo +1 this

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,830 posts

jesus christ dude, can you not get sick or hurt for like 4 seconds of your life

• zambingo and monkeygirl +1 this

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,780 posts

It's a mess, Jacob.   I was doing my rehab and fell right on the shoulder and it broke.  Job fired me two days ago.   Two months behind on rent.  No food money.  It's one big clusterfck.

Destiny Skywalker

Destiny Skywalker

• 20,736 posts
I'm getting Rock a bubble for Christmas.
  • Rock, zambingo, monkeygirl and 1 other +1 this

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,780 posts

Not the worst idea.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,805 posts

I want to buy the air bag clothes for my Nan so before she falls they inflate to cushion the fall! You should look into that Rock! Last year I wanted to put my Nan in a class that teaches you how to fall to keep from breaking things. She didn't want to get in the car to go.

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,296 posts
I would like for better teamwork and communication between my wife and I, in regards to sending out Christmas gifts to our Elders. Every year we get them stuff and every year it is five days before Christmas while the gifts are still sitting in our house.

Oh and peace on Earth et al. Health and prosperity. Yadda yadda.

Afterthought: I am starting to think we should just make a Christmas Card and then put a gift card in it. The card will read, Oh **** its Christmas.

Afterthought 2: That could be a musical card too, with a parody of John Lennons Happy Xmas (War is Over) (So this is Christmas)...

Oh **** its Christmas
And look what weve done
presents sitting unmailed
so no one can have fun
Oh **** its Christmas
We have all of these cards
and havent mailed a single one
Oh **** its Christmas
  • Ms. Spam +1 this

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,805 posts

HA! My parents told us last year that we are not getting Christmas or Birthday cards with money any more. Dad's retiring and they can't afford that stuff any more. I am actually cool with it but it was pretty funny. My brother and sister RELY on that check to get them through December. It feels good to be an adult. Sorta. I mean we still get a card.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,780 posts

Adulting sucks big balls.

• monkeygirl +1 this

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,805 posts

This month did. I'm pretty much like you probably staring at my ceiling at night wondering who'll pay for the whole month. I had some unexpected bills as well. My Mom and my mooch brother and sister needed to have 300 gallons of sewage pumped because their septic lines are broken but it is cheaper to pump right now than actually fix the lines. So I paid for that for them for Christmas, the busted window shield on my car and property taxes. Weeeeeeeeee! Adulting is the WORST. I am super dipping into savings which I know you do not have, Rock, and I am sorry.

Reply to this topic