Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wonder Woman 1984

16 replies to this topic

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,979 posts
Kinda ready now for it.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,586 posts
I was late for the party with the first one and found it didn't live up to the hype. Setting low expectations for this one and hopefully it will exceed them.

Zerimar Nyliram

Zerimar Nyliram

Dude

• 3,229 posts

Yeah, I thought the first one was lame as hell, but I only saw it because I am in love with Gal Gadot. I will probably see the second one because Gal Gadot.

captainbleh

captainbleh

RIP Beau, he would have hated you

• 5,051 posts

I liked parts of the first one, but usual third act problems etc.

My biggest anxiety about this one is them recreating a caricature of the 80s instead of something accurate.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,971 posts

I liked the first, certainly better than most of the DCEU offerings, and really liked the trailer for this one, if for no other reason than the great rendition of Blue Monday that played throughout.

• Ms. Spam +1 this

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,979 posts

Exactly, Krawlie. EXACTLY. More Blue Monday. It was great to not have a WHAM or Duran Duran song and instead we get Blue Monday. Wonder Woman was the best of the new version of the DCU that was offered. I just rewatched the Justice League and Batman vs Superman. Not so good.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,586 posts
I would say Shazam is the best, followed by WW and Aquaman. The others are Transformers movies.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,979 posts

Shazam is somewhere to be watched. I just have to find time. I usually put on movies while I do housework and stop and gawk in the middle of say dusting or vacuuming/sweeping and then wonder why it took me three hours to clean by 571 square foot condo.

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,296 posts
So thoughts... is this really Steve or is this a fake out for Diana to deal with?

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,586 posts

I’m hoping he’s real.  I think that would actually be a better swerve than it not being real, because I think everyone will suspect it. At least everyone who talks about such things on the internet.

• zambingo +1 this

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 35,121 posts

Remember when nostalgia in pop culture was always looking at 25 years(ish) back? Since we hit the 80s nostalgia wave in the early 2000s it just stuck. Next month the 80s are 40 years go. That breaks my brain.

But I also think nostalgia is ever-present now. 

Oh, also, I will see this movie. I still haven't even seen Justice League.

• Darth Krawlie and zambingo +1 this

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,971 posts

Don't bother, it is very bad.

And yeah, as much as I like a lot of things 80s, I'm getting kinda tired of it. Not as tired as 50s and 60s though. I can go my whole life without watching anything set in those decades and be very okay with it.

• zambingo +1 this

Justus

Justus

• 13,100 posts

I liked parts of the first one, but usual third act problems etc.

My biggest anxiety about this one is them recreating a caricature of the 80s instead of something accurate.

Similar to some complaints about Stranger Things. Any film set in the past can work if the filmmakers understand that a trip down memory lane (e.g. too many pop culture references and/or hyping the "importance" of things that real people in the 80s could take or leave) may not be appealing to everyone.

Personally, i'm not too concerned about this sequel battering the audience with stuff such as Rubix's Cubes, Michael Jackson, the San Fernando Valley culture, A-ha and Reagan. 

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,196 posts

Wow.

LOVED the first movie.  Gal Gadot (Yes, is gorgeous) was fantastic.  Inspirational, in my opinion.

I am very interested in seeing how Steve is not only alive, but looking the same at 85-90 years old.  Did he pull a Captain America and freeze somehow?

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,296 posts
Maybe the reason 80s nostalgia refuses to give way to another decade is because the generation(s) of that decade refuse to let go or move forward themselves.
  • Tank and Darth Krawlie +1 this

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 35,121 posts

I need more 90s. More wallet chains, blue hair, and nirvana shirts.

pen15 cam’t do it alone.

• Darth Krawlie and zambingo +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,586 posts
80s nostalgia is also big because of Stranger Things, and WW absolutely couldn't go 90s or it'd be accused of ripping off Captain Marvel.

Reply to this topic