Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deleting accounts

53 replies to this topic

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,586 posts

I recently honored a request by someone to delete their account, and I decided that it's the last time I'm doing so unless you have an exceptionally good reason.  So don't ask.  Same for banning.  If you want to leave Nightly, do it on your own.  Plenty of people have done it.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,971 posts
No. Ban me. I dont have the willpower.

Also was it chalupa

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,586 posts

No. Ban me. I dont have the willpower.

Never.

Also was it chalupa

Yes. I don't know why I was even trying to protect his identity.

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,296 posts
I good way to force a self ban if anyone is needing it, is to go into settings and then just make up an email and password.

ugaigaig@iugaggagshsuwkwkwjehdjdjkejejej.net
jajshejeheieiejdj9764

Just copy and paste whatever random thing you typed if it asked you to say re-type. Then once you hit enter, clear your history. You now have to either create a whole new account or like me, you can eventually log into an alt because you had forgot that alt existed until you suddenly got too itchy twitchy. The cool thing about that when it happens is you can then quote the Godfather.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 35,121 posts
I did that. Twice.

Then I just ask Brandon or Reese to reset it.
  • zambingo +1 this

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,476 posts
Man. Chalupa just commited nightly suicide? I don't get it. I'm left with questions but no way for answers. That's frustrating.

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,476 posts
Also..how can anyone need to ban themselves from coming here? The place literally only has the traffic to necessitate a check in/update like once or twice a day. If that. And on a weekend? Forgeddaboutit

Edited by Odine, 06 December 2019 - 02:01 AM.

• zambingo +1 this

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,979 posts

I finally got access to check this place at school and my second job. So I check a few times a day. I dunno why people do that. Pong managed to quit this place cold turkey though. 

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,296 posts
Odine, you gotta remember that some of us have been posting here since 1999.
  • Ms. Spam and Darth Krawlie +1 this

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,971 posts

I self banned because I was having a really hard time dealing with SOL/poe. Even on ignore, I couldn't ignore him. Once he was gone, Reese unbanned me. Now, though, I'm just joking about it.

• zambingo +1 this

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,627 posts
I always just left in a huff and came back a handful of years later.

Destiny Skywalker

Destiny Skywalker

Actually, I am a rocket scientist

• 20,817 posts
Did the Lyceum make us lose another one?

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 35,121 posts
There's not really unreasonable ppl left posting in the lyceum outside of Justus, and he is infrequent enough to ignore.

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,476 posts

Odine, you gotta remember that some of us have been posting here since 1999.

As have I.
  • zambingo +1 this

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,296 posts
Whoa. I never knew you were an alt of an original. Please tell me youre Sober Boba Sweat. I missed Boba so much that when he left I started blending his and monkeygirls style into some of my rants. lol

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,476 posts
Nah. And to be fair I think I might have joined in 2000. Either way I was 15 or 16 or something. I went by a few aliases, the ones I can remember are Killjoy and Fat Gut Strut. But there may have been more. Was never Boba Sweat though. I used to frequent star wars forum and music forum when Tangent was the mod. And I tried to engage in the lyceum but got owned by intellects far more honed than my own. I was a kid after all.
  • zambingo +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,586 posts
Chalup has been going through a lot lately and has been taking things personally, so he probably needs a break. Hopefully he comes back eventually, because he did add a lot to our community.
  • Ms. Spam, zambingo and Odine +1 this

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,979 posts

Truth! He will be missed. At least by me!

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,971 posts
Oh ****, I remember those names. No idea that was you. Thats awesome.

Sometimes I poke around the archives and not only see posts Ive made with zero memory, but tons of people I was interacting with frequently that are just... gone. No clue who they are.
  • Odine +1 this

Destiny Skywalker

Destiny Skywalker

Actually, I am a rocket scientist

• 20,817 posts
I'll miss Chalup, too. Hopefully he knows we're thinking of him. His dad?
  • Odine +1 this

Zerimar Nyliram

Zerimar Nyliram

Dude

• 3,229 posts

Man, this is probably the kindest message board I've ever belonged to. The people are generally respectful, even when we disagree. God knows I can certainly annoy people with how much I hate Disney's Star Wars, yet even when people get upset, the tone is civil. On other message boards, and other places on the Internet, it takes hardly anything at all for it to devolve into a rage fest.

• Brando and zambingo +1 this

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,971 posts
Oh dont misunderstand, Ive never stopped being mad that Pong exists.
  • Brando +1 this

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,879 posts

I hope Chalup is okay and gets through his bad times.

• Brando, zambingo and Odine +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,586 posts

Man, this is probably the kindest message board I've ever belonged to. The people are generally respectful, even when we disagree. God knows I can certainly annoy people with how much I hate Disney's Star Wars, yet even when people get upset, the tone is civil. On other message boards, and other places on the Internet, it takes hardly anything at all for it to devolve into a rage fest.

We’ve mostly been here for 10-20 years, so it’s hard to really get mad at each other. We’re like any other group of old friends, we annoy each other but we know we’re going to be hanging out again soon.

• NumberSix, Jacen123, zambingo and 1 other +1 this

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,476 posts
It's funny, if Chalup read all this and new that we all wished him well and missed his input he'd probably be rather touched and come back. Irony.

Well, I hope he gets through what he needs to and returns when he is ready, too.
  • Jacen123 and zambingo +1 this

Reply to this topic