Perineum sunning

Iceheart

Apparently, the new trend is to expose the area betwixt your asshole and whatever you keep up towards the front to the sun, because doing this is supposed to give you more energy than caffeine.

So, who wants to try it and report back (pics or it didnt happen)? I will be passing because its currently literally freezing outside and we havent seen the sun in weeks. And also this sounds ridiculous.

There's photographic evidence on the instagram post that kicked the media frenzy off - link - nice bit of self promotion for your wellness bollocks

Orac / David Gorski has a good piece on it - link

There was a discussion about it on my main forum and people started asking (lots of scientists and medics there) about the risks of exposing parts of your body that rarely get exposed to the sun, and vulvar melanomas and sunburn are horrible, but someone there (a medic I think, they don't share much about their real life) found this study - link

Doesn't support this kind of sunning at all, but the suggestion that vitamin D synthesis might have a protective effect is interesting

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.