Disney+

The fan made 4K edits of the OT (Well, ANH and RotJ - ESB isn't done yet) are vastly superior to the stuff on Disney+, but I didn't think the Special Edition changes looked good back when they were first done. But I'm also a much harsher judge than a lot of people and I get pulled out of the movie a lot easier by effects. I still remember an exchange with you about Tron 2, where I thought young Jeff Bridges looked like something from a video game and you seemed to think I was just being a jerk.

Disney+ came out here yesterday and honestly the best thing has been able to stream every episode of Ducktales. F**k Star Wars and Marvel....

I watched some of Revenge of the Sith last night and the effects do not hold up in 4K.

I watched a bit of it last night here and yeah you’re not wrong - there are shots during the Anakin/Obi Wan duel you can literally see where they’ve copy and pasted them into the scene.

• 3 weeks later...

I have mostly been watching The Simpsons. I had a pretty sick day today, so between vomiting I watched several episodes from season 26, and while it may not be quite at the level of the earlier seasons, it's still good. No matter what people say.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking of culling it soon. There isn't any new content on the way in the short term now Mando is done and honestly as a single 30 year old with no kids there isn't much else on there for me to keep a monthly subscription.

I think 2021 will be when this service comes into its own, should be enough SW and Marvel original content along with whatever else they make.

Yeah, they REALLY messed up by not having any new content coming after the first bunch. They have so many different properties to use, too.

I want a series set in the Willow universe.

From what I understand, there's a lot of original content in the making that will debut in the future, but roll out didn't have a ton of OC.

This is what our household is waiting for. It sucks that most of The Mandalorian will be spoiled for us by the time we finally surrender, but we have a firm rule about not buying entire channels just to watch one show. None of us felt like rewatching lots of Disney films we've already seen or suffering the thousands of other Disney films I've been actively avoiding all my life. And none of us were tempted by what little new stuff they had in the first month like The Lady and the Tramp Lion-King-ized Edition, Noelle the Hallmark Christmas Movie With a Budget, or We Pointed a Camera at Jeff Goldblum.

We waited years before hopping on the Netflix train. We can keep waiting on Disney+.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.