Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Disney+

13 replies to this topic

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,232 posts

In general, I dislike the whole thing with different studios/networks launching their own streaming services. Very few have the content worth it for me, but it locks the limited content I would want behind paywalls beyond Hulu and Netflix. Having said that, I’m pretty psyched about Disney+, primarily as a parent.  I don’t feel a need to force my childhood on my kids, but we did watch the DuckTales movies and a couple of Rescue Rangers episodes from a DVD, and my kids were super into them. In terms of TV, I’m most interested in The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.  Our family loves Pooh, and I loved the cartoon and I want to know if it stands up.  I’ve tried watching some on YouTube, since you can’t find it anywhere else, but none of the videos have the intro so screw them.

Between the Disney stuff, the Fox stuff, the Marvel stuff, and the Star Wars stuff, there’s a lot of quality content and my mom is gifting us with a year subscription. I don’t know if it’ll be worth it past that year, and that’ll depend on what new content is added.  Until then, Apple Dumpling Gang, here we come.

• Dark Wader +1 this

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,775 posts
If they dont have The Cat From Outer Space I walk.

I'll get it. It's a tax write-off for me, so I use that to justify the expense.

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,831 posts

i have it for the first year. it was crazy not to do that deal. $60 for a year i believe? after that, who knows. with hulu and netflix, i always subscribe/unsubscribe from them. I'm currently unsub'd from netflix after i watched el camino, and probably won't resub again until Ozark season 3 comes out, which i assume is probably only a few months away. 

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,705 posts

I'm sure we'll get it sooner or later. Probably not right away, but after the first Marvel show drops I don't think I'll be able to wait long without it. Assuming I haven't before then, anyway.

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,431 posts

Also getting a bit sick of all the different streaming services. I've been kind of lucky with a few of them as in Australia some of them come packaged with mobile & internet plans but still, streaming felt like the answer to the annoyances of Cable/Pay TV but now in some aspects it's worse. I got Apple TV+ "free" for a year just because I happened to get a new iPhone a few weeks ago - some of the stuff on there is pretty good but definitely not worth spending a $ on yet until they've got a lot more material to watch.

Disney+ though will definitely be picking up. The original content looks fantastic so far - the Star Wars shows are worth it alone for me just because I've always wanted live action SW on the TV screen. The upcoming Marvel ones look to be a treat as well as and the backlog should be epic. I think it'll be the only service to really rival Netflix. . . Amazon Prime probably the closest? Bear in mind I'm purely talking global, not US, Australia or anywhere else specific. 

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,554 posts
I dont have kids, and I definitely have Disney fatigue, so Ill be passing.
  • captainbleh +1 this

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,215 posts
Disney tricked me back when by implying the Netflix Marvel shows mattered, so I cant give cares for these new ones even tho they are like more Disney than Netflix Disney was... like say... Disney plus. The Mandalorian also looks like fan wank. That said, I will be subscribing soon.
  • Iceheart +1 this

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,695 posts
So Disney+ has Star Wars in 4K. Signed up for the free trial check it out when I get off work.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,232 posts

And it’s not working...

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,634 posts

Yup. They were apologizing on twitter and are working to correct the issue. Imma wait. HA!

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,232 posts

Hopefully they'll add a day to anyone who is doing a 7 day trial

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,695 posts
I've noticed you can search for a movie and then it'll play. The home screen had been on and off it seems.

Good God a Bear

Good God a Bear

well ****

• 8,418 posts

I haven't had any issues. Maybe they got it fixed by the time I watched this evening. 

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,232 posts
The menu is a little slow but otherwise it's good now.

Reply to this topic