Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Watchmen

37 replies to this topic

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,719 posts
Blue balls is one thing. Blue penis? That's not Dr. Manhattan. That's Dr. Queens.
  • Tank +1 this

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,790 posts

Ha!

So Jeremy Irons is Viedt, right? Has it actually been said?

Second episode was indeed strong despite what I feel is the wrong use of Rorschach. As much as I have been a NIN fan for 30 years, the soundtrack is a little over-powering sometimes. Also interesting that in this version of 2019 they have holograms and aircraft with anti-grav, but no cel phones.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,252 posts
So they made 2019 infinitely more awesome than reality?

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,719 posts
He was referred to as Veidt in the first episode. By one of his clones I believe.
  • Tank +1 this

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,790 posts
We all saw the clone thing coming right?

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,719 posts
Why not. His attempt at stopping nuclear war worked. Society still devolved because humanity is imperfect. Next step. Create the perfect being.

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,719 posts
Didn't watch from the beginning, so at first I didn't get who Laurie Blake was. Then I was like "Is she Silk Spectre?"

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,719 posts
I think it's becoming cheese that Veidt isn't on Earth. Dr Manhattan has him in some sort of "prison" on Mars.

And by God Laurie, is that blue dildo just a tad big?

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,432 posts
Veidt definitely on Mars but I think these are all flashbacks. It looks like each flashback is a different year based on the candles on the cake each episode.

Veidt is probably already out in the current timeline - Dr M destroying his prison in the first episode on that TV screen?

R.CAllen

R.CAllen

walking

• 4,054 posts

GLYCON FORGIVE ME BUT I HAVE WATCHED THREE EPISODES OF THE WATCHMEN TV SHOW AND HEARTILY ENJOYED EACH AND EVERY ONE - IF IT HADN'T BEEN FOR The Leftovers (2014-2017) BEING ONE OF THE BEST TELEVISION SHOWS OF ALL TIME I WOULD HAVE JUST SKIPPED THIS BUT, NOPE, I GAVE IN AND I'M GLAD I DID SO FAR - THANK YOU TRENT REZNOR FOR TAKING THE Knight Rider (1982-1986) THEME AND MAKING IT SLAP

I think something's going to happen (can't really back it up in the usual fashion; it's not a fan theory because I'm not offering any fan evidence, nope, no sir, this is totally not a return to the endless episode-by-episode theorizing on Battlestar Galactica (2004-2009) and Lost (2004-2010) and should not be treated as such) but this is a longshot guess that's close enough to being the modern day equivalent of assuming Ozymandias killed The Comedian while reading the backmatter in the 3rd issue back in '86 so I just want to be on the record here about this wild nearly unfounded speculation in case it turns out I'm ... right?

Spoiler

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,432 posts

Even if I stop liking this show, I'll keep watching just for the soundtrack. 

• Tank +1 this

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,719 posts
I really hope this gets a second season. I can't believe they were trying to tell this story in 9 episodes.
  • Tank +1 this

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,790 posts

The character work on this show is amazing. I loved Truie's introduction. 

Reply to this topic