Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Now my daughter is in the hospital

49 replies to this topic

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,776 posts

How is she Brando?

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,252 posts

She's doing better, but there's still a lot of risk.  She might actually come home in the next few days with a PICC line, and receive in-home care.  They can't do anything about the clot until the infection is cleared up, so it might be that she's home for a few weeks fighting the infection and then going back in for clot treatment.  She's actually interacting with people and eating now, which is good.  We're past the "she could go at any minute" phase, but we've got a long time before we're in the "she's out of danger" phase entirely.  She could take a turn for the worse at any moment until that clot is gone.

• Jacen123, Rock and zambingo +1 this

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,776 posts

I'm taking that as all positive, Brando!  We're all pulling for her to make a 100% speedy recovery

Destiny Skywalker

Destiny Skywalker

Actually, I am a rocket scientist

• 20,700 posts
I'm so glad she is out of immediate danger, I was so worried about her this weekend. Still praying for a complete recovery and that clot to clear up ASAP.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,252 posts

Thanks.  It's been the most terrifying thing I've ever experienced.  I really didn't think she was going to pull through.

She also still looks like a completely different baby, and will until the swelling goes down.  She's really a slender little girl, but she looks chunky because she's so swollen.

My sister-in-law is visiting from Pittsburgh and is going to pick me up and take me to the hospital tomorrow. 

• zambingo +1 this

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,828 posts

It is good to hear that she made it through the danger this weekend.  I hope so much for you that everything clears up quickly.

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,226 posts
My familys thoughts and prayers continue for you and yours, Brando.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,649 posts

She's doing better, but there's still a lot of risk.  She might actually come home in the next few days with a PICC line, and receive in-home care.  They can't do anything about the clot until the infection is cleared up, so it might be that she's home for a few weeks fighting the infection and then going back in for clot treatment.  She's actually interacting with people and eating now, which is good.  We're past the "she could go at any minute" phase, but we've got a long time before we're in the "she's out of danger" phase entirely.  She could take a turn for the worse at any moment until that clot is gone.

The picc lines are heartbreaking. I give you giant hugs. Even having her home is the best! Be extra careful around the picc area. Infections come from that area.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,562 posts
Im glad shes heading in the right direction. You have my ongoing prayers, too.

Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

The Feathered Serpent

• 3,308 posts

I was really sorry to read this, Brando.  I can't imagine how terrifying that must have been.  I'm glad to learn that she's heading in the right direction.  You have my prayers.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,252 posts

We got lab results, and they’re promising but not necessarily good still. She still has a lot of infection, so they’re thinking treatment might continue past next week. Which means our life will continue to be based around giving her IV meds, so I have to hold her down while my wife does it. Getting up in the middle of the night is really hard, unless I’m already awake from feeling terrible. 

On the plus side she’s smiling a lot more and is interacting a lot. She’s closer to her old self, which is awesome to see. She’s always been a really happy baby, so it’s been killing me to see her being so serious. On the other hand, I’m pretty non-demonstrative so she looks even more like me when she isn’t smiling.

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,719 posts
I'm glad she's doing better. Hoping she pulls all the way through.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,252 posts

Thanks, yeah, I’m not going to be comfortable until I know the clot is gone.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,562 posts
Poor kid. Shes young enough that she wont remember the midnight needles, at least.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,776 posts

Update, Brando?

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,252 posts

No real changes.  She was overall a little happier today, but it’s a lot of waiting and hoping.  And of course giving her meds at all hours.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,790 posts
Ooff... that's so hard. You're strong as hell to get through, especially with your own health being rough. I'd have ulcered out by now.
  • monkeygirl and Odine +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,252 posts
The PICC line is out. She has 9 days of oral antibiotics and then hopefully we may be done as long as the clot resolves itself and nothing else crops up.
  • Tank, Jacen123, Darth Krawlie and 3 others like this

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,709 posts
Fantastic news!

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,719 posts
Sure is

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,790 posts

GREAT!!!!

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,828 posts

I'm so happy to hear that news for you and your family!

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,352 posts
Woo Hoo! Good news! Man that whole experience must've been the worst.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,562 posts
Hooray!

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,226 posts
Awesome news!

Reply to this topic