Now my daughter is in the hospital

The one-year old is in the hospital. She has some type of abscess or infection in her neck/face. She’s been sick for a few days, and yesterday she woke up super swollen through her neck up to her ear. We called the doctor’s office but couldn’t speak to anybody, so I called the nurse’s line through our insurance and they interrupted my explanation of the symptoms to tell me to take her to the ER immediately.

Fortunately we’re just a couple of miles from the children’s hospital, so my wife rushed her there, where she was admitted. They had to sedate her and drain it, and she has an IV which includes boards on her arm so she can’t rip it out. I haven’t been able to go see her because of my health issues. Thankfully my mother-in-law has been helping with the older kids since last evening. I don’t know what I would do without her, other than probably have to do so much that I would end up back in the hospital myself.

My wife had to go when they brought the baby back to the room, so I’m not entirely sure. She has to stay for another 24 hours at least, just to make sure she’s okay.

I’m pretty much just constantly freaking out.

She's doing a little better, from what I hear. They sedated her to drain it, but she was able to nurse a little for the first time in 24 hours. She's still in the hospital and may be for a couple more days still. They need to make sure it's not going to fill up again and the antibiotics are helping. Hopefully tomorrow but Friday isn't out of the question for a release.

A hospitalized kid is VERY hard, the hardest thing Ive ever dealt with by far, but what sounds the hardest to me is the fact that Brando cant go. I was able to go every single day Lyra was in the NICUsome days Id stay for hours, some for only a little while depending on the situation/my own mental health. But I got to go everyday. Not being able to sounds awful, and Im really sorry youre not able to.

She’s in a super bad, dangerous state. Short version is an infected blood clot. The blood clot is dangerous by itself, but now the infection is going through her entire body.

Thanks.

I got someone to take me to the hospital, so I'm in the room right now. Wife and baby are both sleeping.

Things are getting worse, but they're also seeing improvement in other areas. She has embolisms in her lungs and has pneumonia on top of everything else. She looks so pathetic hooked up to the IV.

Dear Heavenly Father, I pray for Brando and his family during this difficult time. I pray for healing for Brandos daughter and that the doctors and nurses can fight this pneumonia, treat the blood clot and embolisms to the best of their abilities. Amen.

Thanks all. Mixed news today, she started talking again (the only word she can say is mom) and sat up and played with a toy for a little bit, and even pulled herself up on the side of her bed, which is all great. The bad news is that there are some signs that her heart could be involved too. We’re praying that isn’t the case, but it’s all super scary.

I unashamedly cried while I was visiting her yesterday. I didn’t have the gear on to be able to hold her, so when she woke up while my wife was sleeping I stood beside her and sang songs to her which helped her a lot. She cozied in and went back to sleep while I stood and cried.

It was hard leaving knowing it could be the last time I will see her.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.