Is Hillary trying to get Trump re-elected?

She gave an interview still complaining about 2016 and calling a fellow Democrat a ‘Russian asset.”

She’s second only to Trump in being an unpopular politician, she’s causing division among her party, and giving Trump more opportunity to focus on her, which is his bread and butter. Is she stupid or does she want him to win again just to prove it wasn’t her fault she lost?

She bitter. I think she's out promoting a book her and her daughter wrote and the media keeps turning it towards Trump. Hillary's just more than happy talk about him. I've been trolling facebook posts and twitter but it's starting to lose its luster. Honestly though Trump is a patsy for the Russians. Russia's getting a foothold in the middle east especially now with the fiasco with the Kurds and they're laughing with their bagman in the Ukraine, crazy Guiliani. You can't make this stuff up.

I will tell you - and this is a different topic to start - I am so angry over the Kurds.

Here's the thing it'll help do: focus Trump voters on her and her insanity, rather than potentially moving the needle against him. There's a slight increase among Republicans wanting him gone, so the needle not moving is exactly what Trump needs.

Democrats might not care, but Republicans do. Especially Trumpeteers,

So the Trumpers get madder. Who ****ing cares. How does that cost the Democrats votes?

Because it gets people who would stay homebor consider voting third party to go out and vote for Trump.

I'm going to try to explain what I mean a little better:

There are a small, mostly insignificant number of swing voters today. There used to be more, but the polarization of society has pulled people more to one side or another. A lot of so-called independents are still voting straight-ticket, or at least are always going to vote one party in elections for federal office. Trying to go after the mythical middle of the road voter is no longer the method of winning elections. Sure, there were some Obama voters who went to Trump, and probably some Romney voters who went for Clinton, but fewer than the media wants to believe. In reality, elections are won or lost based on who votes. There were two unpopular candidates last election, and it had the lowest voter turnout in twenty years. Trump didn't win by getting a bunch of voters to support him, he won by getting a lot of potential Clinton voters to stay home. And he didn't need much help with that: she's phony and wants power, and that's been obvious since she joined the national spotlight with Bill. Sure, that's all politicians, but the good ones make you think that it isn't the case. They do a decent job of pretending they don't just want power, and we do a good job of pretending we believe them.

Hillary just ignores doing that dance, and makes it clear that she wants power for it's own sake. Like I said, that's no different than most politicians, they just hide it better. And that contributes to her lissues, as well as a certain degree of inherent bias*, and her long career as an establishment Democrat, and the dirty primary campaign against Bernie where the DNC conspired to ensure Clinton was the candidate. All of those things hurt her and kept her from getting the vote out.

On the other hand, Trump is REALLY good at using his opponent's weaknesses against them, and not caring about his own. Lack of shame plays a big part in his popularity, and going along with that is the fact that what you see is what you get. He's dishonest, vulgar, etc, but he doesn't hide it. In fact, it's a badge of honor for him.

She's helping Trump because his supporters absolutely hate her, more than probably anyone else in the world. Her actions help whip them into a feeding frenzy, so hopefully she disappears until at least 2021 in order to give Democrats a chance. Otherwise we're going to end up with another campaign against Hillary. And it also certainly doesn't help that her comments against Tulsi Gabbard reflect that same dirty campaign against Bernie. It's the establishment going against someone who isn't willing to toe the line on every issue, and it COULD make the eventual nominee look like they feel the same. Gabbard isn't polling well, but if her supporters are angry enough to sit out, and Trump voters are in an anti-Hillary frenzy, he's guaranteed to win in 2020.

There are a lot of ifs, but nothing in politics is certain other than politicians are scumbags.

She bitter.

The heart of the matter for one who believes she--by the fact her husband was president--was deserving of the job. this has been Hillary Clinton since the 1990s, and she's deserved every failure to win, whether it was the nomination to Obama (a man she resented), or the election to Trump. Oh, but its never her fault for being a despicable person with a number of dark, political weights around her neck, or her neverending lies. Nope. Its Russians, the "basket of deplorables" and now Gabbard is her target (to guarantee Trump's second term).

Even Nixon--with his world of personal/professional failings--pretty much went away quietly until his death. then again, he was not enabled by the news media the way Hillary Clinton is, so she feels free to continue spend what time she has left ranting about the endless reasons she never became president. She has a willing, free PR machine to help her do it.

I say this as a hard left-leaning centrist...

Democrats only have themselves to blame for losing to Trump. Even with Russia, voter suppression, etc...Hillary could have won. Hillary did a poor job of connecting with democratic voters who did vote for Obama in key battleground states.

This article from a leftist website offers a rational, well-researched argument for this. From the article:

To be sure, Clinton won the popular vote nationally, perhaps as John Nichols gloated in The Nation by an “unprecedented” margin that might run as high as two million or more. The problem is that 1.5 million of that can be accounted for from Clinton’s margin over Trump in New York City alone.(16) The majorities in the coastal states of California and New York by themselves accounts for more than her net majority; the rest of the country continues to see its Democratic vote stagnate or decline.
The Democrats are and have been for decades the party of the (neoliberal) status quo when millions of all races have seen their living standards shrink and future prospects disappear and, as a result, have come to despise the status quo. And as the many millionaire Democrats in Congress (average wealth of a Democratic Representative is $5.7 million) and their business buddies demonstrate for all to see, they are part of the nation’s elite.

The decline in manufacturing jobs, the shrinking of union representation, the creation of more and more lousy jobs, the withdrawal of aid to the cities, etc. have created not just “angry white men” who voted for Trump, but angry white, Black, Latino and Asian men and women who, for good and sound reasons, no longer see the Democrats as their defenders.

I agree on that, Ender. There were a lot of abstainers who voted Obama but in the end couldn't go to Hillary over Trump. She never quite made that connection to help her and the Democratic National Committee was too busy making weird choices that hurt them. And it's happening again because no one in this group appeals fully to any specific group that can drive this election towards a Democrat. All these huge debate nights do is give us sound bites and it's not enough to make me go one way or another. Which has lead us to really far leftists like AOC. I think that's why Beto still appeals to me because I want that middle ground centrist type. I want someone who's going to be boring and has a very conservative feel which if you look at Beto he's voted GOP most of the time in his voting record and broken Democrat ranks. It is his take their guns away chant too that makes me like him too.

He’s definitely gone extreme in trying to gain attention. And keeps shooting the entire party in the foot. He should move to NY or CA if he wants to continue a political career.

Beto a middle ground centrist?

Don't know what he did before he ran against Cruz, but I'm not sure he can run back to the center after the last few months.

He actually served Texas as a Congressman. His voting record is uhm definitely not how he's portraying himself now. Once you take away a lot of the set dressing about guns though he's middle of the road compared to a few others running for the Democratic primaries. But basically I still like him and he's going to be going into some cabinet position of we can vote Trump out.

Any Democrat would be stupid to touch him at this point. He's absolutely the dumbest politician on the national stage and will drag down anyone who associated with him. He's anti-gun, anti-free speech, and anti-religion, or at least he can easily be portrayed as that.

He's as bad as Trump, only too stupid to actually win an election.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.